• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The European Football Championship

Who is the playmaker here? Foden? Eze? Bellingham? Definitely not Rice or Gallagher. England's problem is the lack of a creative midfield general. The person to knit all the threads together. I can imagine if you had a Eriksen or a Vitinha...

Perhaps Eze can. He does bear some rep at Palace but will England allow him. Foden used to be dangerous. I didn't see him take games by the cuff when De Bruyne was injured (I mean top level games not matches against EPL fodder)
The playmaker got left behind.

Exactly. Thing with Southgate is that hes a trend follower, just that he gets stuck following trends from a decade earlier. Hes the opposite of a trendsetter.

I’m not really anti-Southgate, he’s got us further in tournaments than we have been in 50+ years. Even so, I don’t think it’s unfair to say he’s not the right manager for this team right now as we need someone a bit more tactically astute and progressive. I wish we would get a manager who plays attractive football. It might not change the end result and have us winning tournaments nor change our mentality which is absolutely a factor in why we don’t get over the line but we would be more entertaining to watch which is what I always want as a starting point for Spurs and England.

Look at the players we have and their form from last season Kane, Bellingham, Foden, Palmer, Saka all had incredible seasons numbers wise yet he has turned them into a Sunday league team

All of whom have been picked and been various shades of brick.

Apart from Grealish they are all tedious bastards, there is zero chemistry and none is ever likely to grow between them.

There is no footballer whisperer on earth who can turn this group into a team.

Back