• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Forward thread

If Richarlison is still injured, does that just not mean he's been a bit better than Veliz?

Lankshear scored a hatful last season in youth teams while Veliz was injured/getting splinters from bench in Spain, Lankshear arguably knows our system better (would have trained in/around first team last year like Moore and a couple others)

I'd expect in first few games he looks better, up to Veliz to step up, good for both of them to be fighting for something. Looks like Scarlett is the odd man out ..

Lankshear scored a hatful last season in youth teams while Veliz was injured/getting splinters from bench in Spain, Lankshear arguably knows our system better (would have trained in/around first team last year like Moore and a couple others)

I'd expect in first few games he looks better, up to Veliz to step up, good for both of them to be fighting for something. Looks like Scarlett is the odd man out ..
They could maybe even play together in the right formation - Veliz as the target man, Lankshear as the finisher, though i know both are good at doing the other part too. A nice problem to have.

Ive never seen anything in Scarlett to be honest. He doesnt really excel at anything. Mind you we all got Kane wrong.

They've got a few more friendlies to show what they can do. Let them fight it out.

Hopefully we don't need another cf as we already have them.

Certainly looks physically capable of holding his own in that shot.

I haven’t watched him closely the past two years, but the worry coming from youth football is how ready they are to adapt to the physicality of the league.
As long as this isn't a comment about the other players rather than his actual ability, (it's Ali Gold so it absolutely isn't, my tongue is firmly in my cheek) then we may have a winner here.

For a time there was a trend at Man U that an unknown forward would come through, do well then get worked out and get sold. Giuseppe Rossi for example, or Federico Macheda. It would be awesome to have at least one of those come through from our crop of young forwards.

Lankshear seems to be in pole position right now, with Parrott sold and Scarlett not really painting the town red....

Our goals will come from a variety of positions, so CF to score goals is not a pressing need. What we are lacking is good hold up play and bringing others into the game. From the little I have seen of Lankshear he seems to do well at both. Whether he needs a year on loan (Champo not League 1) or he is ready to start featuring now only Ange knows. I hope it's the latter, but even if it's the former, we still don't need to rush and get a CF.

Back