• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The case for the defence

That might have something to do with Conte having 10 players defending. There needs to be a balance.

Yeah, sometimes there was that. If we did that for a while yesterday we might not have collapsed so badly. It is indeed about balance, and we seem to again not be finding it

We can always point to player error...but how long do we keep on puting these down to player error and not coaching? It's not like such errors are a one-off.

Similarly, why is Romero continually doing this and still getting picked?
I can’t comment on Romero other than Ange thinking he offers us something more elsewhere on the pitch

Regarding the infidel errors I think that’s human nature as well as coaching. It’s why every player makes a mistake but they aren’t always as costly

I can’t comment on Romero other than Ange thinking he offers us something more elsewhere on the pitch

Regarding the infidel errors I think that’s human nature as well as coaching. It’s why every player makes a mistake but they aren’t always as costly

Our errors are almost always far more costly; i thin k by the opposition's design. Coaches look at how we set-up and play and look to exploit as appropriate. Its's often the same kind of mistakes in the same parts of the pitch too.

Our errors are almost always far more costly; i thin k by the opposition's design. Coaches look at how we set-up and play and look to exploit as appropriate. Its's often the same kind of mistakes in the same parts of the pitch too.
It’s not
Your cross reference yesterday with goals we concede on counters… they weren’t yesterday
Or set pieces… we have concede one
We do know Brighton love to cross
I don’t think any team can set up tactically for what udogie did

It’s not
Your cross reference yesterday with goals we concede on counters… they weren’t yesterday
Or set pieces… we have concede one
We do know Brighton love to cross
I don’t think any team can set up tactically for what udogie did

I agree Udogie had an absolute mare yesterday. A symptom of having no-one who can rotate with him ad play the same way Ange wants, but we have talked about the summer before..oh well...

The issue i have is that all of our defenders regularly have days like Udogie did yesterday. It was Udogie yesterday, it's Romero most weeks, VDV other times, Porro another week. It's extremely rare that they all look solid at the same time and that to me is a symptom of our tactics and imo a severe lack of defensive strategy and coaching

I agree Udogie had an absolute mare yesterday. A symptom of having no-one who can rotate with him ad play the same way Ange wants, but we have talked about the summer before..oh well...

The issue i have is that all of our defenders regularly have days like Udogie did yesterday. It was Udogie yesterday, it's Romero most weeks, VDV other times, Porro another week. It's extremely rare that they all look solid at the same time and that to me is a symptom of our tactics and imo a severe lack of defensive strategy and coaching
But how do they keep the clean sheets that they have?

But how do they keep the clean sheets that they have?

What clean sheets? We've keep two in the league this season against Everton and a ten-man Man Utd, plus a VERY lucky one vs Qarabag who missed a lot of sitters and a penalty

Are you seriously saying our level of clean sheets is high??

What clean sheets? We've keep two in the league this season against Everton and a ten-man Man Utd, plus a VERY lucky one vs Qarabag who missed a lot of sitters and a penalty

Are you seriously saying our level of clean sheets is high??
Well our defensive record was second best in the league before yesterday so we must have been doing something right

Well our defensive record was second best in the league before yesterday so we must have been doing something right

In terms of overall number of goals conceded yes, in terms of actual clean sheets, not really. And we didn't keep many last season either (as you'll probably know, i'm looking at trends over a long time..)

In terms of overall number of goals conceded yes, in terms of actual clean sheets, not really. And we didn't keep many last season either (as you'll probably know, i'm looking at trends over a long time..)
Nope we didn’t
But we’re defending Much better this season statistically and factually
Yesterday was like a deck of cards … one player crumbles and they all crumble
Not sure why
We did see it a few times last year but haven’t this year so far

Back