• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Carabao Cup 2017/18

What bit of luck? It's not a dig I just can't remember the West Ham game. I've been trying to wipe from my memory!

They where better that we were against them!
We were dreadful for us against City we should have played the opposition not the hype surrounding the opposition!
Will be interesting to see how pool do on Sunday!

I'm saying that the likes of City and Arsenal needed a bit of luck to get to the semis of the league cup, it wasn't all down to attitude/ability etc. If we'd have had a bit of luck in the 2nd half v West Ham, maybe we'd have gotten away with a sloppy performance and gone to the latter stages of the competition, just like Arsenal got away with it v Norwich and City got through the penalty lottery v Wolves.

I'm saying that the likes of City and Arsenal needed a bit of luck to get to the semis of the league cup, it wasn't all down to attitude/ability etc. If we'd have had a bit of luck in the 2nd half v West Ham, maybe we'd have gotten away with a sloppy performance and gone to the latter stages of the competition, just like Arsenal got away with it v Norwich and City got through the penalty lottery v Wolves.

Luck! I think we have blamed that lady a little too often at this club. Lack of back bone rather than luck IMHO
I think the West Ham loss underlines what is sadly missing from the clubs more recent DNA.
This is part of what Harry is not so subtly alluding to with the "winning things" interview!

Last edited:
As brick as it is, it's satirising Bristol's 'Goal GIFs', which are satire themselves. Doesn't stop me cringing, like more or less everything that involves football and social media.

Oh, I got the reference.

But there's amusing parody/satire.
And then there's just cringey wannabe stuff.

You could argue a defence for Wenger for playing the kids on Sat with this game in mind, but wow..... he is not even playing the first team tonight

CHELSEA TEAM NEWS

Team to play Chelsea: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Alonso, Hazard, Morata

Subs: Eduardo, Luiz, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Willian, Pedro, Batshuayi

ARSENAL TEAM NEWS

Team to play Chelsea: Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Mustafi, Holding, Maitland-Niles, Wheelchair, Xhaka, Iwobi, Welbeck, Lacazette

Subs: Macey, Mavroppanos, Mertesacker, Nelson, Elneny, Walcott, Sanchez

Chelsea go strong, not sure the same can be said of Arsenal.

CHELSEA TEAM NEWS

Team to play Chelsea: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Alonso, Hazard, Morata

Subs: Eduardo, Luiz, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Willian, Pedro, Batshuayi

ARSENAL TEAM NEWS

Team to play Chelsea: Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Mustafi, Holding, Maitland-Niles, Wheelchair, Xhaka, Iwobi, Welbeck, Lacazette

Subs: Macey, Mavroppanos, Mertesacker, Nelson, Elneny, Walcott, Sanchez

Chelsea go strong, not sure the same can be said of Arsenal.
Drinkwater and Kante has to be the least exciting midfield pairing I've ever seen.

Chelski clearly planning on lumping it over the top

Drinkwater and Kante has to be the least exciting midfield pairing I've ever seen.

Chelski clearly planning on lumping it over the top

Both the pairing and the tactic worked for Leicester! Hopefully same result tonight so the goons win nothing.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a draw or narrow Chelsea win, so both teams have something to worry about in the 2nd leg.

Looking at the Arsenal team, the only good thing I could say about it is that there's a fair bit of pace in the lineup.

Back