• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

Could you imagine if we finally managed to sign Huntelaar after 10 or so years of trying and he started banging them in... That guy was the next big thing at Madrid, I'm sure every ITK thought we would be getting him at the time

If that player is available, I say snap him up. But I have no idea who that would be. Closest might be Benteke, but I know a lot of posters on here have reservations about him. Jackson Martinez might be another option, but he would probably be very expensive and at 28 years old...

Part of the attraction with Jay Rodriguez is that his contract is up in the summer so I don't think he will cost such a large amount. Would potentially give be a good option up front too.
I think Rodriguez still has 18 months left on his deal so doubt he will be particularly cheap (especially as there will probably be competition from a few other English clubs).

If that player is available, I say snap him up. But I have no idea who that would be. Closest might be Benteke, but I know a lot of posters on here have reservations about him. Jackson Martinez might be another option, but he would probably be very expensive and at 28 years old...

Part of the attraction with Jay Rodriguez is that his contract is up in the summer so I don't think he will cost such a large amount. Would potentially give be a good option up front too.

I agree with virtually everything you said in this thread,BE \o/

I'd look at Danny Ings next summer. Something about him and he is the hard working striker that Poch can get something out of I feel

http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co.uk/8203-Tottenham-Hotspur-swoop-South-American/story-25341566-detail/story.html

SPURS boss Mauricio Pochettino is expected to raid his homeland of Argentina for one of its brightest young talents.

Spurs are reportedly in early negotiations to sign Newell’s Old Boys’ 17-year-old striker Ezequiel Ponce.

The 5ft 11ins teenager, who is known as ‘The Tank’ in Argentina, came through the system at Newell’s and made his debut for the club at 16. He scored his first league goal before his 17th birthday.

Striker number 17 that we're poised to be signing. How fitting. :lol:

Yeah.

Should probably be in the transfer rumour thread rather than the January striker search. I don't think a 17 year old is going to come in and solve our striker worries this season...

With Adebayor off doing what ever he's doing we need a striker in the first week of January. Failure to do so will be suicide and I can see us seriously struggling if Levy thinks it's adequate and does his usual trick.

With Adebayor off doing what ever he's doing we need a striker in the first week of January. Failure to do so will be suicide and I can see us seriously struggling if Levy thinks it's adequate and does his usual trick.
Absolutely agree, we must sign a recognised goal scorer in January if we are to finish in a top 4 position!!

Why is it so crucial that it happens in the first week?

I hope both Baldini and Poch are at least considering a move for Paulo Dybala. Very quick, astonishingly good dribbler, great eye for a pass, uncommonly intelligent and perceptive on the pitch, hard worker in the final third, still only twenty one, has been tagged as the 'new Aguero' for a while now but is finally stepping it up. Serie A, so there is a risk of him being Lamela Mk2 (especially considering his nationality), but a risk worth taking imo: in the absence of any genuinely world-class forward, he's the sort of player we should be blasting in for, all guns blazing.

Back