• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

You'd swear the rest of our team was fine and we weren't shipping goals every week.
Wheres the new left back and two central defenders thread?

You'd swear the rest of our team was fine and we weren't shipping goals every week.
Wheres the new left back and two central defenders thread?

Indeed. Our attacking play is as good as it has been in 2.5 years. It's CB and CM we are struggling the most.

We could do with a smart player with a bit more pace somewhere in our front 4, but it's a third priority for me.

Last edited:
We signed in the right areas alright, but don't seem to have players hitting the ground running like Southampton has. That new scout ... Will be interesting to see if he can replicate his moneyball scheme with us, likely to be adopted by levy if he succeeds.

Indeed. Our attacking play is as good as it has been in 2.5 years. It's CB and CM we are struggling the most.

We could do with a smart player with a bit more pace somewhere in our front 4, but it's a third priority for me.

Do you think so?.... I think our attacking play has looked weak overall. We're not creating a great deal of chances and we also look rather incoherant as well. We also completely fail to defend from the front. I do agree with you that CB and CM is an even bigger problem at the moment though (especially CM - and I think it may even be our woeful holding midfield player who is making our centre backs look so poor).

Do you think so?.... I think our attacking play has looked weak overall. We're not creating a great deal of chances and we also look rather incoherant as well. We also completely fail to defend from the front. I do agree with you that CB and CM is an even bigger problem at the moment though (especially CM - and I think it may even be our woeful holding midfield player who is making our centre backs look so poor).

It's been patchy, but I've definitely seen marked progress.

For the first time since vdV left, we've got smart forwards now (all of Soldado, Kane, Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela I would classify as that). They are all versatile too, and we've seen glimpses of their interchanging clicking into cohesion (the City match for example). Mason has also been getting them the ball a lot quicker than any of our other CMs of recent years.

I would actually sight how much Ade's lack of movement is standing out as a sign of our progress. In AVB's slower build-up and Sherwood's directness, it was much less noticeable. Now we are transitioning and linking up much better, his static-ness is much more apparent.

I don't think the part about mason giving them the ball sooner is true at all. There is no marked improvment in chances created since he's come in the team, I don't notice anything different to how we're playing now to how we played when he wasn't in the team.

Hes a very good prospect but lets be real here...there's been no significant improvement with the introduction of a 'ball playing cm' in the midfield two (again I'll say I think mason Will be very good as a number 10)

It's been patchy, but I've definitely seen marked progress.

For the first time since vdV left, we've got smart forwards now (all of Soldado, Kane, Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela I would classify as that). They are all versatile too, and we've seen glimpses of their interchanging clicking into cohesion (the City match for example). Mason has also been getting them the ball a lot quicker than any of our other CMs of recent years.

I would actually sight how much Ade's lack of movement is standing out as a sign of our progress. In AVB's slower build-up and Sherwood's directness, it was much less noticeable. Now we are transitioning and linking up much better, his static-ness is much more apparent.

People seem to be putting too much emphasis on a single game against Emirates Marketing Project game where we did admittedly create a few chances. I think this ignores the fact that City themselves played a very attacking system and created even more chances than we did. It was as though they went into the game knowing that they could outscore us. Why are you using that game as your yardstick instead of West Brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Stoke at home - where we showed such a lack of attacking ideas that we looked like a Bale'less AVB team.

It's all well and good having 'smart forwards' but what we need is 'effective forwards' and we do not have anything like an effective attacking unit currently as our games against average opposition have shown.

You mention a number of players..... But aside from Kane in the Cup games those players haven't really impressed at all.... This season Eriksen looked far worse than he did under Sherwood, Soldado - I wouldn't even have on the bench, he has barely scored an open play league goal since he joined the club 15 months ago, scoring a Rabona in the Europa league does not disguise the fact that Lamela makes just about zero contribution (other than losing the ball) in every league game I see and while Chadli has indeed scored goals I think he is part of the reason why we so often look so overloaded defensively.

Last edited:
EXCLUSIVE: Everton, Emirates Marketing Project and Tottenham eye swoop for Arsenal starlet Chuba Akpom

ARSENAL are facing a fight to hang on to hot prospect Chuba Akpom.

Emirates Marketing Project, Tottenham and Everton are all circling while the Gunners striker starlet weighs up his future.

Arsenal are currently trying to tie England under-20 hotshot Akpom to a new deal.

But Akpom, 19, is in two minds whether to sign a new deal when he is way down the pecking order at Arsenal.

Akpom has Danny Welbeck, Olivier Giroud, Alexis Sanchez, Yaya Sanogo, Theo Walcott and Lukas Podolski all ahead of him.

Arsenal's Premier League rivals are now monitoring Akpom's situation.

City, Spurs and Everton are all ready to pounce, either in January or next summer once Akpom's current contract expires.

Akpom is rated as one of the best strikers of his age in Europe thanks to his youth level goal-scoring exploits for Arsenal, who he joined aged eight.

He has also represented England from under-16 level upwards.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/411882/EXCLUSIVE-Everton-Man-City-Tottenham-Arsenal-Chuba-Akpom

Tottenham have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race for Porto star Jackson Martinez, according to reports in Spain.

The striker has developed into one of Europe's top marksmen in the past few years, netting 60 goals in 91 appearances over the last two seasons.

The current campaign has seen Martinez continue his stunning form in front of goal, finding the net 12 times in just 16 games.

It has led to both Arsenal and Liverpool enquiring after the 28-year-old's services as they look to bolster their attacking options.

However now, according to Spanish news outlet Fichajes, Tottenham have joined their Premier League rivals in the race to sign Martinez.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly keen to sign a striker in January after Emmanuel Adebayor's slow start to the season.

The former Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project forward has managed just two goals in 10 appearances so far.

http://talksport.com/football/tottenham-join-arsenal-and-liverpool-chase-porto-sensation-141124126141

Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea are reportedly vying with Atletico Madrid for Inter’s Mauro Icardi.

The Argentinian striker has started the season in fine form for the Nerazzurri, with seven goals in his opening 12 Serie A appearances.

At the age of only 21, Icardi has impressed with his goalscoring feats, with his exploits reportedly catching the eye of a number of clubs outside of Serie A.

Tuttosport reports that both Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea of the English Premier League are considering a move for the striker, as well as Spanish champions Atletico Madrid.

The Turin-based daily believes that while Inter would be unlikely to sell Icardi in the January transfer window, a move away from San Siro in June could be feasible.

The former Sampdoria man’s contract runs until 2018, but the newspaper believes that Inter would find a big offer for one of their most saleable assets hard to refuse as they battle to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations.

http://www.football-italia.net/59105/spurs-and-chelsea-chase-icardi

Premier League footballer Saido Berahino has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after being stopped on the M6.

Police said the West Brom and England striker was travelling at "high speed" on the motorway in the early hours of the morning on 22 October.

Officers stopped Berahino near Lymm in Cheshire and he was then arrested on suspicion of drink-driving.

The 21-year-old was interviewed and bailed and must go back to a police station to speak again with officers next month.

A spokeswoman for Cheshire Police said: "At around 03.39am on the morning of Wednesday 22nd October, a patrol stopped a car travelling at high speed southbound on the M6 near J20.

"A 21-year old man was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving, interviewed and was subsequently bailed and is due to appear at a Cheshire custody suite early in December."

Berahino left Burundi at the age of 10 to start a new life with his refugee mother in Birmingham.

He was called up to the England squad by manager Roy Hodgson earlier this month, but did not play.

The rising star, said to earn around £14,000 a week, has also been touted as a £20m target for Liverpool and Spurs.

http://news.sky.com/story/1379933/footballer-berahino-held-over-drink-driving

Back