• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

He has had some poor games out there but i guess that is why he is there to learn to be consistent, what can not be doubted is he has wonderful technique with both feet and his decision making knowing when to pass is better then townsend already, maybe because it is a lower standard of football.

Really want to see him get a championship loan next season.

Comparing him with Townsend isnt really like for like. IMO, Pritchard is more of a Beckham type wide midfielder rather than an out and out winger so you would expect his technique to be better

He has had some poor games out there but i guess that is why he is there to learn to be consistent, what can not be doubted is he has wonderful technique with both feet and his decision making knowing when to pass is better then townsend already, maybe because it is a lower standard of football.

Really want to see him get a championship loan next season

I think hoping for him to get a Championship loan next season is aiming a bit low actually. I'm quite sure he could have gotten a Championship loan this season and he was linked to several Championship clubs in the January transfer window. I would be surprised if we couldn't get him a Championship loan with ease come the summer.

The aim for him should be at least a top half Championship club playing good football. Playing style, amount of possession etc is more important than which league it is, why we were happy to send him to League 1 this season I think.

Our Under-21s return to action in the Barclays U21 Premier League against Blackburn Rovers at Leigh Sports Village this evening.

A young squad including Jordan Archer, Shaq Coulthirst and Souleymane Coulibaly has travelled to the sports complex in Leigh, Greater Manchester.

We kick-off at 7pm.

Squad

Archer, McGee, Gallifuoco, Lameiras, McEvoy, McEneff, A McQueen, Coulthirst, D McQueen, Ball, Veljkovic, Coulibaly, Dombaxe, Sonupe, Stewart.

Spurs U21s v Blackburn

Archer

A McQueen, Ball, Gallifuoco, Stewart

Lameiras, McEneff, Veljkovic

Coulibaly, Coulthirst, McEvoy

Subs: McGee (GK), Dombaxe, D McQueen, Sonupe

BgIoB6HIIAA9__e.jpg

Last edited:
HT: Blackburn 0-1 Spurs.

McEneff's shot deflected into path of Lameiras, who fired first-time shot from 20 yards that cannoned home off post after 39 minutes.

I think hoping for him to get a Championship loan next season is aiming a bit low actually. I'm quite sure he could have gotten a Championship loan this season and he was linked to several Championship clubs in the January transfer window. I would be surprised if we couldn't get him a Championship loan with ease come the summer.

The aim for him should be at least a top half Championship club playing good football. Playing style, amount of possession etc is more important than which league it is, why we were happy to send him to League 1 this season I think.

Yep i agree he needs to find a team that fits him best, Brighton would be a good fit, but they already have a few wide players including a young guy solly march who i like the look of and another Ince who is related to tom/paul but not actually a winger.

Im going to Brighton at home to Leeds tomorrow so i will check them out.

Comparing him with Townsend isnt really like for like. IMO, Pritchard is more of a Beckham type wide midfielder rather than an out and out winger so you would expect his technique to be better

Yes townsend is the more old fashioned run and head down sort of guy, not knocking him he is my favourite player in our squad. But it is his decision making that is lacking making him a great player(still early days) but already pritchard seems to have nailed down that knowing when to pass and when to take someone on. Of course Pritchard is doing it at a lower level so might struggle when he makes the step up the leagues.

Watching QPR tonight, carroll is involved but not a lot happening for them, derby holding out so far.

Not close to what i expected, i actually believe he could have involved more than that but the team is just playing a brand of football which is totally opposite to his style. Also much of the time Barton played further than him and he just didn't get the ball much enough.
TBH QPR didn't look organize and didn't play like a team, clueless in attack . Individually they may better than Derby but not as an unit.

Blackburn U21s 2-2 Spurs U21s

Our Under-21s were denied victory by a late equaliser as Monday night's Barclays U21 Premier League encounter ended in a flurry of goals at Leigh Sports Village.

We led 1-0 via Ruben Lamieras' fine strike on 39 minutes when what had been a game of few chances burst into life.

Rovers' substitute Dean Rittenburg levelled at 1-1 on 82 minutes only for us to re-take the lead two minutes later through Shaq Coulthirst.

Our joy was short-lived, however, as Bryan Dabo finished from close range for 2-2 four minutes from time.

We were inches away from a winner when Darren McQueen hooked a volley just wide in the final minute.

A young team took to the impressive set-up at Leigh to take on a Rovers side that included Lucas Neill, the former Millwall, Blackburn and West Ham defender capped 96 times by Australia.

The first chance arrived on seven minutes when Coulthirst floated a pass wide to Kenny McEvoy and his low cross looked destined for Souleymane Coulibaly, only for Ryan Edwards to touch it away from the striker in front of goal.

Alex McQueen did well to clear from Deniz Pero on 17 minutes and play switched straight up the other end, Coulthirst forcing the first save of the match from David Raya.

Both teams continued to work their way into promising positions with no reward, but we slowly started to take control territorially, with Lameiras the link man, drifting everywhere off the front men.

Jordan Archer made a comfortable save from Dabo on 37 minutes and we struck the opener two minutes later.

Coulthirst was brought down in the left channel, Milos Veljkovic curled in the free-kick that was cleared out to Aaron McEneff, his shot fell to Lameiras who needed no second invitation, dispatching a low shot home off the post from 20 yards.

Coulibaly almost doubled the lead on 45 minutes, his free-kick up and over the wall from 22 yards but clipping the top of the crossbar.

The second half followed a similar pattern to the first as we edged it territorially, but Rovers proved a tough nut to crack, marshalled by Neill.

The home team had a couple of decent efforts from distance from Dabo and Pero, who drilled just over and then stung Archer's hands from 25 yards.

Lameiras went close again from a free-kick on 69 minutes, a left-foot strike from a central position that beat the wall and zipped just past the post.

It looked like we might hold on for a 1-0 win but two of Rovers' substitutes combined to level the scores with eight minutes left, Will Beesley releasing Rittenburg, who finished one-on-one past the advancing Archer.

We were soon back in front though as Laste Dombaxe, on 10 minutes earlier for McEneff, whipped in a free-kick to the near post area, turned home by Coulthirst.

But Blackburn hit back again in the 86th minute as Mahoney delivered a free-kick from the right, Edwards nodded back into the danger area and Dabo buried from close range.

There was one more chance as Darren McQueen latched onto McEvoy's cross in the 90th minute and managed to hook a volley towards goal, the ball arcing across Raya almost in slow motion before landing inches wide.

Rovers: Raya, Fernandez Molina, Tumwa, Evans (Cotton, 62), Edwards, Neill, Mahoney, Lenihan, Pero (Rittenburg, 67), Dabo, Bauress (Beesley, 62). Unused subs: Urwin, Preston.

Spurs:

Archer; A McQueen, Ball, Gallifuoco, Stewart; Lameiras (Sonupe, 83), McEneff (Dombaxe, 72), Veljkovic; Coulibaly (D McQueen, 83), Coulthirst, McEvoy.

Unused sub: McGee.

I was at the Brighton game and obika only came on towards the end but he barely had a touch that said he just does not look the part to me.

I was at the Brighton game and obika only came on towards the end but he barely had a touch that said he just does not look the part to me.

I saw Yeovil play against Tranmere about 4 seasons ago, with Obika and Townsend in the Yeovil team. Obika stood out then as the better of the two, and Townsend looked very lightweight. Since then I have resigned my fate as a football scout to the confines of my imagination.

Do people who watch the under 21s regularly know how Coulibaly is getting on? He looked like a genuine talent when I saw him play

I saw Yeovil play against Tranmere about 4 seasons ago, with Obika and Townsend in the Yeovil team. Obika stood out then as the better of the two, and Townsend looked very lightweight. Since then I have resigned my fate as a football scout to the confines of my imagination.

Do people who watch the under 21s regularly know how Coulibaly is getting on? He looked like a genuine talent when I saw him play

From what I hear, Coulibaly is doing well in the U21s but is still not quite as sharp as he was before his injury.

Preview Spurs U18s v Leicester City U18s

The hectic fixture schedule of late has seen some of the lads involved in games as often as three times a week.

But with a full seven days since their last run-out against Fulham, Academy Manager John McDermott believes the lads have benefited from a focussed few days of time spent on player development.

“Thankfully we go into the game following a very good week of training,” John said. “In recent times we’ve had three games a week, which has caused a little bit of disruption.

“We’ve played Leicester a number of times over the years and we always have very tough games with them. I think the forecast yet again is for wind, which isn’t ideal.

“We’ve got tough opponents and tough conditions to contend with, but those are challenges that the boys will have to overcome.”

Following Saturday’s match with the Foxes, five of our Academy lads will join up with the England international youth set-up. Will Miller, Nathan Oduwa, Emmanuel Sonupe and Harry Winks will be involved with the Under-18s, while Josh Onomah has been called up at Under-17 level.

And John believes that this solid spell of work on the training field, coupled with the recent match practice the quintet have enjoyed, stands them in good stead to impress on the international stage.

“It’s an indication of the standards that some of the boys are reaching and some of their team mates can count themselves unfortunate not to be on the trip as well,” he added.

“This week has been good preparation for them before they go off to join England.”

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, & Academy (U-18s) 2013-14

Whats the deal with watching the under 18's, do they allow it?

Yes, you can turn-up at Hotspur Way and say you're there for the U18 / U21 / Spurs XI match.

Voss

Vincent-Young Carter-Vickers Lesniak Ogilvie

Winks J Pritchard Miller

Sonupe Oduwa Akindayini

Subs: Priestley (GK), Walkes, Ross, Georgiou​

40 mins GOAL - SPURS

Oduwa cuts in from left, loses possession but quickly wins it back and cuts back for Akindayini to fire home.

HT - Spurs U18s 1-0 Leicester U18s

Lads deservedly in front but Leicester continue to threaten going forward.

Back