• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah I would be happy with Dembele but I don't know if interest really is there

in what position? Modric replacement? Personally, I think he's too similar position wise to VDV and Siggurdsson so, whilst a good player, not really what we need

yeah I would be happy with Dembele but I don't know if interest really is there

he must have been lined up by someone and is just waiting for the nod to complete a move. One year left on his Fulham deal? he is too good for Fulham not to cash in on him.

Well he did score a couple of goals one time against croatia, so he automatically gets a starting place for our club and is better than anyone we have.

in what position? Modric replacement? Personally, I think he's too similar position wise to VDV and Siggurdsson so, whilst a good player, not really what we need

I agree I think Siggy and VDV are both better versions of Dembele don't see why we would want him

I hoenstly have never ever seen anything from Dembele that resembles VDV or Sigurdsson, completely different players.

What on earth has Sig/VDV got to do with Dembele? Their playing styles are completely different. Neither of them have Dembele's dribbling skills for starters....

well it's true. I don't think many in the Premier League do, the way he shifts his body and uses strength to beat a man with unreal ease is something i've seen him do many of times and think how the fudge? Much suited to a deeper role than off the striker where VDV and Sig play (who aren't even similar themselves)

I agree I think Siggy and VDV are both better versions of Dembele don't see why we would want him

From the deeper CM position Dembele finished the season in I think he is very close to a Modric replacement (possibly lacking the vision to switch play) and no where near VDV and Sigurdsson (who are similar to each other positionally)

I was very impressed with Dembele at the Lane during the last game of the season. As many have said he was playing a deeper midfield role, and for large parts of the game (particularly the 2nd half, where I think he hit the woodwork twice?) he dictated the game

Back