• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Precisely. And thats why I think the Modric deal is holding everything else up ie if we get the £30m - £40m in for Modric then Levy is prepared to buy M'Vila, Lloris etc. If we dont sell Modric then it drastically reduces what we'll be spending

Errrr no.

I dont think there is a pot of gold but maybe a pot of silver. If there is a lack of funds - why buy Sig and not put it towards a striker? there are funds and that signing is contrary to this whole 'restricted funds' notion. Ok funds are n doubt restricted but not restricted enough not to be able to afford a striker and if it is then why the fudge buy a player that was no way near as important as a striker

If Lloris has got over his "virus" for tomorrow but then it comes back for Lyon's next game, does that mean Spurs will be paying his wages for the next 4-5 years?

The annoying thing is we have moved on Kranjcar, Pienaar and Corluka who could have still been useful squad players and are still left with Bentley, Jenas, Khumalo and Bassong. Not a very good window all around if you ask me.

It's a lot easier to move on good players than average players or ones coming back off a lengthy lay off.

It's a lot easier to move on good players than average players or ones coming back off a lengthy lay off.

So at some point do you not just negotiate a pay off for their contract and release them as they are costing us and not contributing anything except taking up a wage?

They get a redundancy cheque and are free agents to sign somewhere for a juicy fee. We get shot and either within this window or the next are able to use that saved money to move forward.

I am sure someone would pay a million or two for Bentley, Jenas and two or three for Bassong.

Its better to sell em cheaply than pay them their wages and lose out on a minimal fee.

I am sure someone would pay a million or two for Bentley, Jenas and two or three for Bassong.

Its better to sell em cheaply than pay them their wages and lose out on a minimal fee.

Were talking Levy here though he wouldnt sell for less than £5m £5m and £10m knowing him, unrealisitic

Biggest problem is the wages player like Bentley and Jenas earn. They would most likely have to take a drop to go to the sort of teams that would sign them. How many of you would willingly take a drop in wages if you didn't have to? That's why Adebeyor is sticking to his wage demands.

We could only find people willing to take Bentley and Jenas on loan last summer and that was before they both spent the season out injured.

Or maybe pray he does. Could force Levy's hand to complete both Ade and Leandro asap.

Seriously what's your problem with Defoe? I'm not talking as a player but personally he's obviously done something to you to upset you the way you go on and on and on. Did you have his name on the back of your shirt when he left for Pompey and hence kids on the playground took the tinkle out of you?

Back