• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scott Mulligan‏@ScottMulligan82
Don't want anyone thinking I'm a trumping ITK. I'm not ITK. I have no details.I share what I hear from a friend who is 100% all the time

All I know is it is a striker. I have no names or any other details. Was told announced today. I hope it is. Or my friend dies. Lol

The friend who told me this info also told me Gylfi would be announced at 2pm. He was announced at 13:58 so I believe him

And he told me that 2 days before.

So we could be signing Owen on a free......so why is this dude wetting himself then??

Akqayid said:
Yeah the F5 thing is indeed positive/hopeful thinking. But we need an announcement and today would be a good day as any. The natives are already burning down their own houses.

Jesus H. lol

Ah so he's finally admitted he's a WUM now? Good to know.

rafresh-refresh-F5-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-185.gif

did I? It was a joke. Passing stats are useless without any kind of breakdown.

Yeah... ah, a joke. M'Vila is very good for his age mate, a potential star. Makelele didn't reach his potential until his move to Madrid. Veira wasn't even a first teamer at Inter. M'Vila is at exactly the point where we can get him cheap... In fact where we can get him fullstop.

Wanna know what might sound quite pathetic, but when you think about it. Sky sources (SSN) are probably the most reliable piece of ITK you can get. If they mention it, I generally believe it.

Wanna know what might sound quite pathetic, but when you think about it. Sky sources (SSN) are probably the most reliable piece of ITK you can get. If they mention it, I generally believe it.

Agreed - they mentioned around a month ago we've agreed a fee for Ade so I'm still waiting to re-start my thread which was locked at the time by non-believers.

I'm guessing if we buy M'Villa or someone of his style, it should not necessarily be seen as a replacement for Modric, i'm guessing it would simply be a move away from the system we had with Modric.

You can be successful without a deep-lying playmaker type. I think the issue for me would be that if we decide to have 3 strong midfielders, no matter how 'multi-functional' they are (i happen to think that Sandro is pretty good driving forward at times), it puts even more pressure on us to get in some quality reinforcements upfront as you're essentially moving to a model where your midfield is essentially there to get up and down the pitch, stop the opposition from playing and then quickly move it into the front players. This means you're more reliant on your front players creating their own chances if you don't have a Modric type around so you need your front players to be top quality.

A more workmanlike midfield with Defoe upfront is a recipe for midtable, a workmanlike midfield with Ade/Damiao quality upfront is definately more acceptable.

Agreed - they mentioned around a month ago we've agreed a fee for Ade so I'm still waiting to re-start my thread which was locked at the time by non-believers.

I still think we have agreed a fee, I dont see that being wrong. It's the terms we are not able to close out.

Courtesy of Spooky

Hotel ITK

On a dark twitter timeline, I.T.K makes me glare
Warm smell of bullsh*t, makes me pull out my hair
Up ahead on NewsNow, I saw an enticing link
Spat out coffee, eyes popped out of my head
I had to browse and couldn't blink
There it stood between adverts;
I read the cryptics well
And I was screaming to myself,
"This could be factual or this could be fail"
Then I switched on Sky Sports, Jim White showed me the way
There were texts on my iphone,
I thought I saw them say...

Welcome to the Hotel In the Know
I want to punch their face (Want to punch their face)
Want to hurt with mace
Plenty of lies at the Hotel In the Know
Always twice a year (Always twice a year)
You will find them here

His mind is definitely twisted, he's got copy and paste
He got a lot of silly, silly blogs but not an ounce of taste
How they post with their comments, sickly sycophants
Why bother with this, he's not clairvoyant

So I called up the Phantom,
"Please who shall we sign?"
He said, "Blue yellow done and dusted he's one of a kind"
But I tell him to f**k off, I'm way out of line,
So I'm kicked off the forum by the admin
And I'm banned for life...

Welcome to the Hotel In the Know
They never get it right (They never get it right)
Make things up each night
They never commit at the Hotel In the Know
Always twice a year (Always twice a year)
I will always jeer

Luka, there's no feeling,
Hope you get head lice
Daniel Levy said "You signed a contract fool, keep you here for life"
And all our transfer targets,
Their clubs refuse to talk
Villas-Boas wants to sign Moutinho
But there's no pen we just stalk

Last prayer I remember, I cried
'Transfer deadline is here'
I had to pray for goals galore
Where is that forward Adebayor?
"Signed" said the chairman,
"Yes we've concluded a deal.
It's Jermaine Jenas on a long term contract,
you're not dreaming, it's for real"

only a hundred more pages to go lads, keep slagging off the eye tee kay lot and we'll be there in no time. C'mon POTL... give us another colour of the rainbow you ****!

Back