• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Considering that pretty much everything tht followed afterwards to date has been utter gonads and lies - would it be fair to assume he might have struck it 'lucky' so to say?

Thats the basis I work on.

I think its plausable someone can stumble across some one off gossip, remember the lad who caught Zokora at the airport?

JJetset got one bang on in January, and has been living off of it ever since. Most of his comments thereafter have been vague (ITK classic) or basically a reasonable guess (just as any number of us have made in the past without claiming authenticity)

"Harry to get the boot" - Shocking news, never saw that coming...
"AVB will be our new manager" - Well blow me down! What a revelation!

Thing is, for me, I really dont care. If it sparks a point of interest then great, if it doesnt then so what?

At which point did JJetset gain credibility as true ITK?

Have you descended into just flat out trolling now?

Clevelandspur said he had been away from his computer all weekend and asked about the latest updates. I gave him what I think are the most relevant recent updates to help him out.

I didn't say that JJetset is now "true ITK", he is by many, including myself, seen as the most reliable at the moment so I thought this would be relevant news for someone asking what is happening in the transfer rumour and ITK, discussion thread.

We're not idiots! We realize that all rumours, including ITK rumours have to be taken with a massive fudging shovel of salt. Posting, reading or discussing ITK in this thread doesn't mean that we're taking it as gospel. You don't have to remind us every single time that it might not be true. Or ask silly strawman questions.

Thats the basis I work on.

I think its plausable someone can stumble across some one off gossip, remember the lad who caught Zokora at the airport?

JJetset got one bang on in January, and has been living off of it ever since. Most of his comments thereafter have been vague (ITK classic) or basically a reasonable guess (just as any number of us have made in the past without claiming authenticity)

"Harry to get the boot" - Shocking news, never saw that coming...
"AVB will be our new manager" - Well blow me down! What a revelation!

Thing is, for me, I really dont care. If it sparks a point of interest then great, if it doesnt then so what?

Someone called it very well the other day

To prove he's not a little clown shoe con-man - write the targets on a piece of paper, place in a sealed envelope, post it to himself and open on YouTube on 1st Septmeber - let's see if you're as tough as you claim, boy!

Fat chance though

Last edited:
Considering that pretty much everything tht followed afterwards to date has been utter gonads and lies - would it be fair to assume he might have struck it 'lucky' so to say?

I wouldnt say so

He also announced the Vertonghen signing the day before it was on the OS - when some media outlets reported that Ajax and Spurs had still not agreed a fee.

There is no doubt that he has a very reliable source at Spurs - but it has now come to a point, where he cant/wont tell which players we are after, because the papers pick up on it and invite other clubs into the bidding.

I like to come on here in the evening and read through the thread, it's far easier to read through the thread on here than it is on SC. But for every 10 pages posted, usually 9 of them is full "this **** doesn't know anything" "what a taco" "wum" etc etc. Very little discussion of what has been posted. If some "ITK" says we're signing Damiao you get those responses, if the sun says it then it gets discussed properly. So for that reason I don't see why it should be posted in here, you can read it all on SC, you don't even need to sign up.

Yeh if that's what you want to do then it's fine with me. Of course i'll still mock itk's when others post their garbage.

We're not idiots! We realize that all rumours, including ITK rumours have to be taken with a massive fudging shovel of salt. Posting, reading or discussing ITK in this thread doesn't mean that we're taking it as gospel. You don't have to remind us every single time that it might not be true. Or ask silly strawman questions.

Apparently though thats the only thing any self respecting intellectual can do

There is no doubt that he has a very reliable source at Spurs - but it has now come to a point, where he cant/wont tell which players we are after, because the papers pick up on it and invite other clubs into the bidding.

Do you actually believe JJetset is purposefully vague about targets because if he were to spill the beans Arsenal or someone will see it and suddenly bid for our target?

JJetset said that he expected a striker at some point in the next week or something like that. Also has said that we could see both Ade and Damiao and that it could get even better than that.

AVB reportedly said yesterday after the friendly that he expected movement on a striker in the next couple of days or soon after that.

Both paraphrased.

This means that he actually used the pre-season tour to judge the players, and perhaps it explains the lull (before the storm)?
Its amazing but Levy is the sort who has used the transfer window right up to 10 minutes after its closure to get a deal (VDV).
So I'm anticipating some more in's and out's.

Whatever the case I'd guess spending would commensurate with the ambition; i'd like for us to at least maintain 4th position. can't see levy settling for anything less, given that we were 3rd for most of last season.

Someone called it very well the other day

To prove he's not a little clown shoe con-man - write the targets on a piece of paper, place in a sealed envelope, post it to himself and open on YouTube on 1st Septmeber - let's see if you're as tough as you claim, boy!

Fat chance though

He already said he isn't going to do that because "he has nothing to prove".

As for Rossi, I have never known a player who snapped his cruciate ligament TWICE in a year, before he had time to recover from the first one.

Still, it's only the right knee. The left is presumably fine. Ergo, he could be the striker version of Ledley. Cheeky bid, I say. :)

Petter Andersson play`d for Groningen, on a free now, i think!

I simply asked why you had chosen his info over any other ITK's one - considering they've all been patchy at best since the window opened. No need to raise your blood-pressure, fella

"At which point did JJetset gain credibility as true ITK?" = "why you had chosen his info over any other ITK's one?" ? Sure... If you say so.

If you have not yet realized that most people here rate JJetset's information higher than that of other ITKs then you need to read more and post less. I gave a source, posted the information, in reply to someone asking. If you think there is other, more or equally relevant information to be posted then post that as well.

Do you actually believe JJetset is purposefully vague about targets because if he were to spill the beans Arsenal or someone will see it and suddenly bid for our target?

It certainly looked that way regarding Oscar.

Spurs made a reasonable bid and then got blown out of the water by Chelsea from out of nowhere

Back