• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He plays on the right of a 433 for Atletico, he's quite a creative player, wouldn't suit playing central.

I think a case could be made for Negrado. Terrible in the Euro's sure but all other times he has been decent. I think Steven Fletcher is another that would work at a bigger club. Good enough for Real Madrid to monitor and Pique speaks highly of him..

There's nothing wrong with Fletcher, but I wouldnt want him in a 4-5-1, would use him in a 4-4-2.

So you[ve never actually seen him or ever heard of him but a quick glance at his stats via Wiki has told you he's brick...ok mate.

If we're playing one up top, he's definitely not the one. Take away the cup games last season and he's a 3 in 20 player.

He plays on the right of a 433 for Atletico, he's quite a creative player, wouldn't suit playing central.

No actually he doesn't.

he played on the right of an attacking trio for Depor but Atletico usually use him as a central striker partnering Falcao. Yes he's played games as a support striker to falcao but usually they've played him centrally.

Tell me honestly - seeing that you have constructed a convinient scenario of what is Levy presumably busy doing right now - what would be the excuse on Septmeber 1st (better yet Saudi Sportswashing Machine) if we didn't sign anyone?

I don't believe that braineclipse has any more "constructed a convenient scenario" of what Levy is up to than you have, fella.

And what would be your response be if, come 1st September, Spurs had made a couple of good striker signings (say Adebayor and Damiao) that, because of various complications, couldn't have been completed prior to that date? Would you, with hindsight, be glad that Levy persisted? Or would you still insist that Levy should have abandoned the attempt to get those players and, instead, secured lesser strikers earlier in the window?

What's with the 'fella' brick I keep seeing. Is this word thrown in when you want to make a friendly comment like your a buddy ?

If so, could I throw in fella, and say something like. Fella, you're a tosser ? and not get a power trip mod waving his c0ck at me ?

Very unselfish player, prefers to make goals rather than score himself. He'd be a good signing to rival Lennon.

[video=youtube;FH4cX3-FmFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH4cX3-FmFo[/video]

I can see us signing Joe Average

That seems to be what many are advocating.

Apparently, they don't want Levy to chase after very good strikers (because, they claim, he won't get them). They'd rather that we went after lesser strikers - on the basis that they would at least represent an improvement on what we have.

I'm pretty sure AVB is going to play a 4-5-1 or a slight variation on it like a 4-3-3 with the wingers/forwards slightly forward. Then the spear head of that attack for me is Adebayor by a million miles. We need to get him in. Then we get a young striker in for cover. Ade, Defoe and someone like Sturridge/Fletcher.

I can tell now that people go purely on youtube clips/wikipedia and fudge all else. What's the point debating when the other person hasn't seen him play](*,).

No actually he doesn't.

he played on the right of an attacking trio for Depor but Atletico usually use him as a central striker partnering Falcao. Yes he's played games as a support striker to falcao but usually they've played him centrally.

You must be watching a different Atletico to me then. 4231/433 - Adrian right, Arda left, Diego central behind Falcao.

I've probably seen him without realising a couple of times, I have watched Atletico, but there is no way he is good enough to be a lone striker for us.

Dear GHod.

You've probably seen him without realising a couple of times. FFS be done with it and say you judged him solely on his stats via Wiki.

Dear GHod.

You've probably seen him without realising a couple of times. FFS be done with it and say you judged him solely on his stats via Wiki.

He never caught my attention, no. I am going by his stats, a central striker really should score a few more than this guy does.

You must be watching a different Atletico to me then. 4231/433 - Adrian right, Arda left, Diego central behind Falcao.

yes mate that's what it is.

btw when Adrian does get pushed out to the wing he usually plays on the left and Arda or Salvio play on the right but then again i might be watching a different Atletico.

Bloody hell things are aggressive on here tonight. We're winning per season friendlies and we dot have a proper striker. Chelsea have a balanced 11 and are losing. Who sould be more worried :)

Bloody hell things are aggressive on here tonight. We're winning per season friendlies and we dot have a proper striker. Chelsea have a balanced 11 and are losing. Who sould be more worried :)

But winning pre season friendlies are bad. It means we will start the season poorly.

Back