• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly? It's probably the position that needs the least getting used to.

People play the ball to you and your job is to stick it in the net.

Though it's more concerning that we may not have the striker for the first 1-2 games..

no, he has to get used to the players around him, they have to get used to his speed and movement, all this takes serious time on the training pitch

Should be yeah. Doesn't work like that though does it?

It does usually. It worked with us and adebayor.. Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Cisse.. etc

It's about buying the right striker though. That's more an issue then 'bedding in'..

no, he has to get used to the players around him, they have to get used to his speed and movement, all this takes serious time on the training pitch

Whilst i agree he would be better being bedded in, and everyone being used to him.

He'll get chances without, and the key thing is whether or not he scores with them.

It does usually. It worked with us and adebayor.. Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Cisse.. etc

It's about buying the right striker though. That's more an issue then 'bedding in'..

For every striker you name who hit the ground running, for example teddy, I can name a Chris Armstrong. 11 games til he netted against Chester City.

Let's hope whoever we get in, if, they hit the ground running.

For every striker you name who hit the ground running, for example teddy, I can name a Chris Armstrong. 11 games til he netted against Chester City.

Let's hope whoever we get in, if, they hit the ground running.

Which is why it's about the 'right' striker..

Whoever we buy, they will get chances created for them by our team.

Whilst i agree he would be better being bedded in, and everyone being used to him.

He'll get chances without, and the key thing is whether or not he scores with them.

thats true, but then we should be happy with Kane and Defoe :) They are finishers, so as long as we put the ball on a plate for them we will be fine

nowt to worry about:)

thats true, but then we should be happy with Kane and Defoe :) They are finishers, so as long as we put the ball on a plate for them we will be fine

nowt to worry about:)

Wait what? Your happy with Defoe and Kane?

I'd prefer a better striker for the long term really thanks. Just that it is the easiest position to become successful in early on, doesn't mean i don't want to upgrade what we've got.

even the 'best' ITKs are starting to panic

The original JJetset (@jetsetyid)
02/08/2012 08:53
I would be lying if i said i'm not getting very nervous about our striker situation as it stands at this moment today!

I'd prefer a better striker for the long term really thanks. Just that it is the easiest position to become successful in early on, doesn't mean i don't want to upgrade what we've got.

im not happy at all, utterly miserable, the smiles hide the pain:(

To be fair you did say whoever we buy will get chances. Therefore, if we don't buy, Kane and Defoe will too get chances. Just nit picking really.

i bet Levy thinks he can fcuk around till Aug 31st because we have an easy start on paper. He is in for a rude awakening then

i bet Levy thinks he can fcuk around till Aug 31st because we have an easy start on paper. He is in for a rude awakening then

Am not sure he appreciates that the importance of getting off to a good start or the need for players to have time to gel. Every point is critical - surely we should have learned that from last season

I know we have moved on but people blamed Harry in the past for not addressing the striker issue... we still havent... and harry has gone... just sayin

I do think we will bring in Ade so im not nervous about not having a striker but im nervous about not having two I want two. Would you only want one testicle? one gonad*? fudge no. Would you want one tit? or a pair?

lets say we fail to sign a striker who will make us threatening up front, and we go on to have an average season. Who will be to blame, Levy or AVB?

You don't really think that. Wouldn't AVB kick up a fuss about that? He wasn't backed by Abramovich, so I imagine he was very hesitant about taking another poorly-backed job. Levy must have made some serious promises about investing in the side to get him in. I can't see him breaking those promises a month or so into AVB's reign.

I know we have moved on but people blamed Harry in the past for not addressing the striker issue... we still havent... and harry has gone... just sayin

I do think we will bring in Ade so im not nervous about not having a striker but im nervous about not having two I want two. Would you only want one testicle? one gonad*? fudge no. Would you want one tit? or a pair?

Ah, but one's probably better than none, I'm guessing. :)

Back