• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We'll sign a striker for sure.

Are you really that certain? I though AVB's latest interview furhter up is rather chilling and petrifying at the same time insinuating Kane and Defoe still need to be 'assessed' properly. We are going up to Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 2 weeks, Andre!

Personally, seeing as there have been tenuous links with both of them, my dream signings up front would be Leandro Damiao and Hulk. Add Moutinho and Dzagoev and I think we'd have a squad capable of challenging for titles...

We'll sign a striker for sure.

imgPeter%20Crouch3.jpg

Personally, seeing as there have been tenuous links with both of them, my dream signings up front would be Leandro Damiao and Hulk. Add Moutinho and Dzagoev and I think we'd have a squad capable of challenging for titles...

I don't think even City could sign all 4 of those - whereas our biggest signing (re-signings excluded) in the last 2-3 years has been an unknown Icelander, Scott Parker and a Belgian who seemed desperate to play for us - all very much 'medium' layer players (and that's being kind to Parker)

Not just yours, us and AVBs quite probably too. Otherwise we could just very easily plop bale up front, he's fast, scores goals with both feet and headers, like a certain ex-scum player who also once played on the wing. Gotta think of a song with bale and calling adams a coward ...

Wow, those legs are simply stunning. Should've been a model, Peter Crouch. :D Here's a piece of info for you; I dreamed that we sold Gomes to Stoke. :p What a damned thing to dream.

What happened to that Ivory Coast striker who was photoed at the lane getting into a car who was supposed to be quality?

Have a bit of faith!

its not about having faith anymore. AVB and the squad are busting a gut to be ready for the new season, double sessions, new tactics etc and all without strikers to fit into how AVB wants to play. 2 weeks to go and time is running out to bed in a new striker, plus we are having to fcuk around with Bale by playing him up front which also interferes with his role in AVB's way of playing, so he is losing time on the pitch in trying to adjust

as a fan it only matters because we want to see the team do well, but for AVB it his job and he is having to do it without some essential tools. If i was him id be privately very pi$$ed off

Have a bit of faith!

Past precedent has a tight hold on me - especially now that we're entering the last few weeks of what is known as the 'desperation' stage. 'Seller's know that and will make sure they take us to the cleaners - something Levy does not enjoy so guess what happens next?

I fully expect a deadline day Spurs circus of loans, 40m rejected bids, and the return of Pascal Chimbonda as cover for Gallas

Even if we buy a striker today he has what 16 days til his first game? To find his feet? Serious fudge up on our part IMO.

Are you really that certain? I though AVB's latest interview furhter up is rather chilling and petrifying at the same time insinuating Kane and Defoe still need to be 'assessed' properly. We are going up to Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 2 weeks, Andre!

what is he expected to say, "Levy pull your finger out yer arse and get me a striker"??.....AVB cant stir up any brick at the moment, he is too new to the job

Even if we buy a striker today he has what 16 days til his first game? To find his feet? Serious fudge up on our part IMO.

Honestly? It's probably the position that needs the least getting used to.

People play the ball to you and your job is to stick it in the net.

Though it's more concerning that we may not have the striker for the first 1-2 games..

what is he expected to say, "Levy pull your finger out yer arse and get me a striker"??.....AVB cant stir up any brick at the moment, he is too new to the job

Not stirring up brick - at the very least indicate we are looking at potential targets - not suggest we could well make it stick with those 2 [snigger]!

Honestly? It's probably the position that needs the least getting used to.

People play the ball to you and your job is to stick it in the net.

Though it's more concerning that we may not have the striker for the first 1-2 games..

Should be yeah. Doesn't work like that though does it?

Back