• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not really a suprise. He's a decent CF and very available. Classic example of the potential downside from Levy's over-haggling

Not really a suprise. He's a decent CF and very available. Classic example of the potential downside from Levy's over-haggling

Its came from an AC supporter and you have it in your head that the deal has fell through because AC has definately bid ? And this is what happens because of Levy's over-haggling.

read back what you wrote, really have a think about it.

Its came from an AC supporter and you have it in your head that the deal has fell through because AC has definately bid ? And this is what happens because of Levy's over-haggling.

read back what you wrote, really have a think about it.

Chill. The principle of what I wrote is very valid - we're not exactly the only team in Europe looking to sign a couple players this summer and therefore if we find someone who appears to fit the club and appears to be available at a sensible price then you're better off agreeing a deal asap rather than risk other clubs come in. Its not as if what we want it unique and we're the only club looking for a CF

I am a big Levy fan however stringing out transfer activity can backfire massively, particulary when there are dozens of the type of player who you want which are available

alluding to what? i have no idea what you were writing:)

"The wind whispers loudly once you've climbed up a flight of stairs and sat comfortably on your balcony". = Meaning we're getting too comfortable thinking Ade is a done deal. Just relaxing thinking it's all done despite the warnings (wind).

Beware of the dog or he might BITE. Barks + wind = STORM = Meaning a team has come in with an offer (Milan). Berlusconi is referred to as a 'dog' it Italy because of his love for the opposite sex. Barks and wind = STORM is stating a bid is made.

Ask and you will receive. Tis the month to celebrate..... or are we celebrating? what's the date? ah the SEVENTEENTH you say? = meaning we're not celebrating anymore as they've outbid us. The seventeenth reference was because they've been runners up for the Scudetto 17 times and Adebayor's house in Togo is number 17.

"The wind whispers loudly once you've climbed up a flight of stairs and sat comfortably on your balcony". = Meaning we're getting too comfortable thinking Ade is a done deal. Just relaxing thinking it's all done despite the warnings (wind).

Beware of the dog or he might BITE. Barks + wind = STORM = Meaning a team has come in with an offer (Milan). Berlusconi is referred to as a 'dog' it Italy because of his love for the opposite sex. Barks and wind = STORM is stating a bid is made.

Ask and you will receive. Tis the month to celebrate..... or are we celebrating? what's the date? ah the SEVENTEENTH you say? = meaning we're not celebrating anymore as they've outbid us. The seventeenth reference was because they've been runners up for the Scudetto 17 times and Adebayor's house in Togo is number 17.

medium_shockoprah.gif

Chill. The principle of what I wrote is very valid - we're not exactly the only team in Europe looking to sign a couple players this summer and therefore if we find someone who appears to fit the club and appears to be available at a sensible price then you're better off agreeing a deal asap rather than risk other clubs come in. Its not as if what we want it unique and we're the only club looking for a CF

I am a big Levy fan however stringing out transfer activity can backfire massively, particulary when there are dozens of the type of player who you want which are available

Ah ok, so your talking in general, I thoughtyou replied to the mystery AC supporter knowing that they have bid £10m for Ade.

Out of curiosity, why would you make a general statement like that when nothing called for it ?

Nigeria Newsdesk @NigeriaNewsdesk
Real Madrid are close to a £30m deal for Luka Modric with just a final few elements of the deal with Tottenham to be ironed out: reports

Helmi Halim @_emint_
Luka Modric inched closer to his dream move to Real Madrid after the Spanish club agreed to pay Tottenham an initial £27.5million

Ian Abrahams @Moose_talkSPORT
With Modric about to join Madrid - we heard Xabi Alonso is the player Brendan Rodgers hinted about when he said LFC fans will be very happy.

Twitter's good for a few laughs.

Ooh, this sounds like a chance to (re)tell my Kaka story... what do you mean, you've all heard it a thousand times? Bloody sod ya. There'll be some kids who haven't. And, besides, a story worth telling once is worth telling twice (or several hundred times)...

Back in the Sugar days I was fortunate to be in the Directors Box for a game when Big Al was chatting with John Motson, recalling days gone by... (not to be treated as verbatim but the gist is very much in tact) "I had that Kaka here... cracking player. We really wanted him. We were sat down around the table, his agent, him, me... and then he gets a call from his missus. She doesn't want to come to London. He puts down the pen, walks out, we never see him again."

There is just one example of a 9/10 (even a 10/10, really) turning into a 0/10 in the space of 12 seconds, let alone 12 hours. So, do I think it's possible? Oh yes.

Bugger, Another one that got away. Luckily KaKa was only about 10 years old at the time.

Nigeria Newsdesk @NigeriaNewsdesk
Real Madrid are close to a £30m deal for Luka Modric with just a final few elements of the deal with Tottenham to be ironed out: reports

Helmi Halim @_emint_
Luka Modric inched closer to his dream move to Real Madrid after the Spanish club agreed to pay Tottenham an initial £27.5million

Ian Abrahams @Moose_talkSPORT
With Modric about to join Madrid - we heard Xabi Alonso is the player Brendan Rodgers hinted about when he said LFC fans will be very happy.

Not that Moose saying it means anything, but us losing Modric and them getting Alonso back as a result would be terrible for us.

Back