• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@MJvdHeuvel: @TomCStandard
Jan Vertonghen settles with Ajax for 15% over 10 million. Transfer to #thfc can be completed now! (via Sport1)

so are we very very very very very close now???????????????

So the media are saying that we agreed 10 million (euros or squid) and that could rise to 12 million

Vertonghen wanted 15% of the latter, Ajax think the former... I can see why that has dragged on a bit, I bet Ajax didn't think of that when they made that agreement

Mexican federation reveals Giovani dos Santos will sign with new club

Luis Fernando Tena, Mexico's U-23 manager, has revealed that Giovani dos Santos has traveled to Europe where he will straighten out his club situation for next season.

Luis Fernando Tena spoke to the media following the forward's absence from the team's first practice sessions as they gear up to represent the country in the Olympic Games.

"His not being here is not a pretext. He has to go [to Europe] and sign some papers. He asked us to be there in order to fulfill his transfer from Tottenham to another team," the former Club América and Cruz Azul boss told reporters in Mexico City.

Dos Santos has long awaited his eventual transfer after four disappointing seasons at White Hart Lane. In that period, the bulk of his activity has come from loan spells to Ipswich Town, Galatasaray and Racing.

"He told us which team [he's signing for], but I'm not at liberty to say which," said Tena. "For us, it's much better that he's calm, for him to fix his contractual situation and come back, if not in his best physical form, certainly much better mentally now that he knows where he's going to play."

Suitors including Spain's Atletico de Madrid and Sevilla have been mentioned by various press outlets as potential spots for the former Barcelona player, with English clubs Liverpool, Swansea City and recently-relegated Bolton also being named.

Tena also referenced Carlos Vela and Jonathan dos Santos, who declined to heed the call for London 2012.

"With all due respect for those not here, I'm not sorry for them. We don't even remember it, actually," Tena finished.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/114/...antos-will-sign-with-new-?source=breakingnews

if gallas goes and king goes as well then our defense is in serious trouble

THink King will retire this summer and, whilst I would retain Gallas, if he and AVB dont get on or AVB doesnt want him for other reasons then I dont see it as much of a loss. Kaboul is no longer a kid, Vertonghen isnt either and they have a very experienced keeper behind them and ball-winner in front of them. If our CBs are Vertonghen, Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker and say Gallas then I think we're in good shape. Equally, if Gallas leaves and we bring in another, even if its the kid from Forest coming in as 5th choice, then I think we're fine

Mexican federation reveals Giovani dos Santos will sign with new club

Luis Fernando Tena, Mexico's U-23 manager, has revealed that Giovani dos Santos has traveled to Europe where he will straighten out his club situation for next season.

Luis Fernando Tena spoke to the media following the forward's absence from the team's first practice sessions as they gear up to represent the country in the Olympic Games.

"His not being here is not a pretext. He has to go [to Europe] and sign some papers. He asked us to be there in order to fulfill his transfer from Tottenham to another team," the former Club América and Cruz Azul boss told reporters in Mexico City.

Dos Santos has long awaited his eventual transfer after four disappointing seasons at White Hart Lane. In that period, the bulk of his activity has come from loan spells to Ipswich Town, Galatasaray and Racing.

"He told us which team [he's signing for], but I'm not at liberty to say which," said Tena. "For us, it's much better that he's calm, for him to fix his contractual situation and come back, if not in his best physical form, certainly much better mentally now that he knows where he's going to play."

Suitors including Spain's Atletico de Madrid and Sevilla have been mentioned by various press outlets as potential spots for the former Barcelona player, with English clubs Liverpool, Swansea City and recently-relegated Bolton also being named.

Tena also referenced Carlos Vela and Jonathan dos Santos, who declined to heed the call for London 2012.

"With all due respect for those not here, I'm not sorry for them. We don't even remember it, actually," Tena finished.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/114/...antos-will-sign-with-new-?source=breakingnews

but but but but i thought he was perfect for AVB's new super tactic?

THink King will retire this summer and, whilst I would retain Gallas, if he and AVB dont get on or AVB doesnt want him for other reasons then I dont see it as much of a loss. Kaboul is no longer a kid, Vertonghen isnt either and they have a very experienced keeper behind them and ball-winner in front of them. If our CBs are Vertonghen, Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker and say Gallas then I think we're in good shape. Equally, if Gallas leaves and we bring in another, even if its the kid from Forest coming in as 5th choice, then I think we're fine

if you were to break it down (individual player quality and characteristics) and put a unit together , would you be happy with

walker kaboul verty BAE? and sandro / parker marshalling in front of them? freidel behind?

I'd love if it was Liverpool. Levy somehow convincing the 2 yanks that he'd begrudgingly let Gio sign for them if they drop the Sigurddson interest. The 2 yanks high five eachother yelling "Man this brick is awesome dude" thinking they've pulled a fast one whilst Liverpool fans somehow twist it to somehow convince anyone that would listen that they got the better part of the deal.

I think the only real issue with Gallas would be age/reliability. Quality when he play, absolutely no doubt, but how regularly has he played the last season or so?

I'd love if it was Liverpool. Levy somehow convincing the 2 yanks that he'd begrudgingly let Gio sign for them if they drop the Sigurddson interest. The 2 yanks high five eachother yelling "Man this brick is awesome dude" thinking they've pulled a fast one whilst Liverpool fans somehow twist it to somehow convince anyone that would listen that they got the better part of the deal.

Obciously you are joking, but I was quite convinced when Rodgers was linked with us/potential that Dos Santos would work really well in his playing style.

More so than AVBs IMO

With Sigurdsson looking all but done, I'm interested to know what else we have in store for the window. Striker next please.

We are going to follow the Barca/Spain formula, no striker just loads of midfielders

Bale..........vdv.............Lennon
.....Sigurdsson.....Modric
..................Sandro
Ekotto...Vert........kaboul....walker
.................friedel

?

Sweet!

Bale..........vdv.............Lennon
.....Sigurdsson.....Modric
..................Sandro
Ekotto...Vert........kaboul....walker
.................friedel

?

Sweet!

Interesting experiment, provided that the fans allow Bale to come inside, and that we teach Lennon to come inside.
Or we could play our own variety with actual wingers and full backs coming inside from deep.

Edit: And a third option with wingers. Full backs stay behind and move to the center when we attack, Kaboul and Very move up into midfield.

At least we would be a surprise.

Thing is, we sort of played that type of thing against Aston Villa when Defoe got sent off and for me that was one of, if not VDV's best ever game in a Spurs shirt.

Thing is, we sort of played that type of thing against Aston Villa when Defoe got sent off and for me that was one of, if not VDV's best ever game in a Spurs shirt.

Freudian slip there me thinks. Defoe should have come on instead of Parker, as was the general consensus. It was Rose that got his marching orders.

Back