• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Serious question. What player do you have on your shirt?

Sandro

Splitting Kaka's wages 50/50 means he would cost us around 100k and why would Madrid split his wages?
It's not like City where Adebayor wasn't wanted; Kaka is actually wanted by Mourinho so the suggestion of Kaka is silly; If anybody leaves then it will be Sahin or Granero not a game changer like Kaka.

50/50 split isn't impossible.

We dont know he has the choice of clubs. I dont see Man U, City or Chelsea wanting him. Potentially a return to Milan could happen but I think they have moved on from him now.

Most likely wont happen and we dont really need him but I'm sure Levy might throw the question in there.

Interestingly I query if Kaka and VDV would be played in the same team considering AVB's system of choice is 433

While he seems to be a ****, Bale does have a valid point. Kaka and Ozil are pipe dreams. We're not Chelsea or Man U. Come on.

Some of you lot are fudging deluded beyond belief, KAKA? Ozil?

If Modric leaves; Expect the ?30mill to go to Joe Lewis for his new yahct and we will promote Jermaine Jenas to take Modric's place and then AVB will say something like; Modric only had 4 assists last year and I feel Jermaine "Da Genius" can achieve more so it is a better move.

Then Levy and Lewis will laugh there ass to the bank while we will be sat here dicussing targets like Moutinho and Sahin for the whole of the summer for some strange reason when quite clearly they are not going to sign.

I must say I find this whole Joe Lewis yacht thing hilarious, I imagine you sit at home cursing Joe lewis's yacht, I love you, I don't care if you're a troll or not, you're a breath of fresh air, everywhere seems so serious lately.
Anyhoo, we haven't sold modric yet, I'm sure we have a plan (may be a crap one but, i'm sure we have one)

I agree with you leeds in some way I'm glad we have a owner like Joe Lewis because he isn't going act as a sugar daddy and that facilitates us to do it the right way, which means more. I just find bale quite funny tbh

While he seems to be a ****, Bale does have a valid point. Kaka and Ozil are pipe dreams. We're not Chelsea or Man U. Come on.

The idea of getting Ozil is a pipe dream.

Kaka? I'm not so sure. He's 30. On the wane. Hasn't been anything like the world class player he used to be for quite some time now. Not really wanted at Madrid. Not many other clubs that would like to sign him can afford him. Madrid could find that loaning him out, while paying a portion of his wages, is the only option open to them - especially if it helps them to sign a player that they do want.

That said, I'm not sure whether we would want Kaka. Would he settle in English football? Has he declined too much? Is he now too injury prone?

So for me, if Modric goes to Madrid, the best deal would involve Sahin plus ?20 million odd coming the other way.

Split decision: Modric is ready to tell Tottenham it's over

Spurs will get the bad news face to face next week as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Paris Saint Germain eye the midfield star

Luka Modric is ready to confirm he wants to quit Tottenham.

Croatia midfielder Modric's representatives are hoping for a meeting with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy next week, at which they will make the player's wishes clear.

Manchester United, Real Madrid and Paris Saint Germain are all keen on Modric, and managerless Spurs face a second successive summer of battling to keep him.

Levy held firm last summer, even after Modric admitted publicly that he wanted to go to Chelsea and Spurs are bracing themselves for another saga as the 26-year-old and his representatives prepare to raise the stakes.

Tottenham also face a battle to keep winger Gareth Bale - especially as there could be a dressing room backlash if Andre Villas-Boas is named as manager.

Players are understood to be wary of the prospect of Villas-Boas succeeding Harry Redknapp, because the Portuguese struggled at Chelsea last season before being axed after just nine months.

Once he was gone, the Blues won the FA Cup and European Cup under interim, and now permanent, boss Roberto Di Matteo

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luka-modric-wants-to-quit-tottenham-907074

Modric is ready to say he wants to go, FACE TO FACE. Oh dear. But only if they get a meeting next week.

AS I remember it last summer Modric told Levy the same thing and Levy gave it short thrift. I would not assume Modric will be leaving this summer, and if he is I definitely would not assume it would be for 30 million pounds, some figure that the press appear to have plucked out of the air, or what Real are allegedly ready to pay. I know enough that Levy is a hard bargainer. If Levy actually agrees to let Modric go, and I stress if, I am pretty sure it will be for an amount more agreeable with Levy than Madrid. Heck only last week I read Milan allegedly turned down a 40 million pund bid from Madrid for Thiago Silva. If they were ready to bid that for a central defender I doubt Levy will let them get off lightly.

By the way how many years left does Modric have left on his contract 3 or 4 years?

Luka Modric is ready to confirm he wants to quit Tottenham.

Croatia midfielder Modric's representatives are hoping for a meeting with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy next week, at which they will make the player's wishes clear.

Personally I would get rid for as much as money as I can

Your very pessimistic for a ten year old.

AS I remember it last summer Modric told Levy the same thing and Levy gave it short thrift. I would not assume Modric will be leaving this summer, and if he is I definitely would not assume it would be for 30 million pounds, some figure that the press appear to have plucked out of the air, or what Real are allegedly ready to pay. I know enough that Levy is a hard bargainer. If Levy actually agrees to let Modric go, and I stress if, I am pretty sure it will be for an amount more agreeable with Levy than Madrid. Heck only last week I read Milan allegedly turned down a 40 million pund bid from Madrid for Thiago Silva. If they were ready to bid that for a central defender I doubt Levy will let them get off lightly.

By the way how many years left does Modric have left on his contract 3 or 4 years?

Mate, he's definitely going this summer...it's safe to assume that,you can't keep a player against his will season after season- we were lucky to get away with it last year. You're right about the price, but there could be a chance that Levy is prepared to sell for less, say 30 mil abroad rather than more in the region of 40 mil to a Manchester United?

It doesn't matter how much money we get for him... if we sell Modric, it'll be a backwards step for the club. He's a genuinely world-class player and I can't see us attracting anyone as good as him (partly because of our wage structure - which I totally understand, but also partly because selling our best player is a statement about reducing our ambitions... and what world-class player wants to come to a club that's doing that?)

I think we should do exactly what we did last summer... point to his contract, tell him he's here for the duration, and bump his wages to 100k (which I know is outside our structure, but we should be ditching a lot of high-wage deadwood this summer).

Won't happen. May not even be a realistic option. But it's what I'd *like* to see happen.

He won't sign a new deal. Bye Modders. 35 million and be on your way

Back