• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

The window is only about registration transfers. I think its only players under contract who can't move as you can sign someone out of contract at any time ... didn't we do that with Jimmy Walker a few years ago.

As long as they were out of contract before the previous window shut. And even then there's still a cutoff point in March I think.

Nani is a very good player, couldn't see him coming to us, but certainly would take him.

Just a comment re the window in general that people seem to forget.

- As fans, we look at a transfer window and say, I think we should get 3 players and they are x,y,z
- An interview with someone who was closely involved in the process for a club a few years back actually indicated most clubs have much bigger lists (30+) with a lot of casual inquiries like "is player available" "would player come to us" "would x price interest club" and so forth
- Add in agents trying to create bidding wars or just whoring out their players, it can seem like clubs are in for a stupid amount of players.

We just got a signing. No more until deadline day now.

Must be frustrating for AVB. The transfer agreements & contracts for a few deals must be more or less written and pending signing however we continue to negotiate with a variety of parties. The one deal has a kock on effect with another and another etc etc.

Its a real shame however we've gone from favouites for 3rd in Feb to suddenly being outsiders for 4th this year based on how squads look at this minute (ie assuming Modric is a goner)

Its a real shame however we've gone from favouites for 3rd in Feb to suddenly being outsiders for 4th this year based on how squads look at this minute (ie assuming Modric is a goner)

week left

let´s talk then

Who: Grey Fox
Where: SC
When: 23rd August
The guy could be a car salesman and just delivered Sandro's new motor.
On a serious note I said that we should be parading two newbies tomorrow, I am still confident things will be concluded by tomorrow even if they don't get to be wearing the shirt. I have just heard two in town and will be at the game tomorrow and no I don't know which two, just told I will have to wait and see.

I know some of you will, but don't shoot the messanger, just passing on in good faith

Who: Grey Fox
Where: SC
The guy could be a car salesman and just delivered Sandro's new motor.
On a serious note I said that we should be parading two newbies tomorrow, I am still confident things will be concluded by tomorrow even if they don't get to be wearing the shirt. I have just heard two in town and will be at the game tomorrow and no I don't know which two, just told I will have to wait and see.

I know some of you will, but don't shoot the messanger, just passing on in good faith

I'd love to shoot the person that says passing on good faith in the face.

Sahin a Liverpool player official, thank fudge!

Sahin a Liverpool player official, thank fudge!

I somewhat agree. £6m on wages for the year for him plus any loan fee - considering he's not played in the PL before, I think thats a lot to pay if there really are no rights to buy him next summer. It it takes him 10 games to acclimatise then its a complete waste

Who: BEN
Where: Spurs Lodge via FTL
When: RIGHT NOW!!!

Here now no sign levy yet. Pleat drove out gds drove out and just seen friedel waiting for modric to give him both barrels
Spoke to daws don't want to go
I want modric fridel said his there still

In response to question asking if he was waiting to speak to Modric.

Yes I am
He will have to run me over to get past me mood I'm in

Who: robcraig
Where: COYS

Levy has just pulled into Spurs lodge followed by someone who looks like an agent.This guy was warmly embraced by Sandro. Brazilian agent maybe? I have pics but cant upload till later.

A1EDCkiCMAANyDK.jpg

UPDATE
Just watched Levy shake Modric hand and Luka has left. followed by Levy!

Who: BEN
Where: Spurs Lodge via FTL
When: RIGHT NOW!!!

Here now no sign levy yet. Pleat drove out gds drove out and just seen friedel waiting for modric to give him both barrels
Spoke to daws don't want to go
I want modric fridel said his there still

In response to question asking if he was waiting to speak to Modric.

Yes I am
He will have to run me over to get past me mood I'm in

taco.

Who: robcraig
Where: COYS

Levy has just pulled into Spurs lodge followed by someone who looks like an agent.This guy was warmly embraced by Sandro. Brazilian agent maybe? I have pics but cant upload till later.

A1EDCkiCMAANyDK.jpg

UPDATE
Just watched Levy shake Modric hand and Luka has left. followed by Levy!

Great so Sandro is off then. :(

So.......Luka done deal, then?

Which means, I hope, that his replacement is also a done deal.

What is Ben on about? Why can't he write properly? It's a little embarrassing to say the least that this guy is speaking to players, he seems a little bit slow.

Back