• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I'd rather have Martial over Sessegnon tbh. He can play wide or as the front man, which would give us 3 options there if we do sell Llorente.

I'd rather have Martial over Sessegnon tbh. He can play wide or as the front man, which would give us 3 options there if we do sell Llorente.
This. We’ve spent quite a bit on two strikers that haven’t been deemed good enough to start when Kane is injured so a pacey alternative can at least stay match sharp / motivated id they can compete for another first team position. Hopefully Conte will take Llorente off our hands wherever he is next season.

Or we could sell Toby to Yanited for 60 million and get this guy. He'll be on lower wages than Martial too, and is 2 years younger. He'd cost a pretty penny, but he's being touted as a star in the making. His speed is also ridiculous: runs the 100 meters in 10.2 seconds.

I think we will go for Bale. Think about it. A winner. Huge experience. Huge boost for the team. Would certainly see others get paid far more (I suspect he will still have to take a large wage cut to be here). Would not have to play every week. Would help Moura develop even more. And I think Poch wants it Ll next season and know one big player like that could do it. Has a link with us...I think it’d be great!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think we will go for Bale. Think about it. A winner. Huge experience. Huge boost for the team. Would certainly see others get paid far more (I suspect he will still have to take a large wage cut to be here). Would not have to play every week. Would help Moura develop even more. And I think Poch wants it Ll next season and know one big player like that could do it. Has a link with us...I think it’d be great!

If he was 27, maybe it would make sense. But he'll be 29 this year. How much would we be willing to spend on him? It doesn't follow our model. I'd much rather we spend that money on a Davinson-type player (not necessarily a defender, but someone with his level of upside).

Or we could sell Toby to Yanited for 60 million and get this guy. He'll be on lower wages than Martial too, and is 2 years younger. He'd cost a pretty penny, but he's being touted as a star in the making. His speed is also ridiculous: runs the 100 meters in 10.2 seconds.

This lad has everything to be a success and will cost plenty but could easily be worth it

Chelsea have been looking at him for some time

He's a bit scary!

This season's Njie / GKN (albeit from Germany not France)?

If he was 27, maybe it would make sense. But he'll be 29 this year. How much would we be willing to spend on him? It doesn't follow our model. I'd much rather we spend that money on a Davinson-type player (not necessarily a defender, but someone with his level of upside).
Well Sissoko didnt exactly follow our model did he? And he's nowhere near the level of Bale. I see where Steff is coming from, you cant just rely on a team of rising stars - Someone of real established quality like Bale could really make the difference....

Not saying we would do it, but lets be clear, if Bale is an option, we should take it (over any combination of younger players)

If we had Bale the last two seasons, we would have won the league, I'd be 100% more confident going into final two FA Cup games with Bale in side. 2-3 years of him could establish Spurs as more than just contenders, and from marketing and PR perspective having Bale & Kane (two best British players currently) +Dele (next likely) should be worth quite a bit.

Well Sissoko didnt exactly follow our model did he? And he's nowhere near the level of Bale. I see where Steff is coming from, you cant just rely on a team of rising stars - Someone of real established quality like Bale could really make the difference....
Yes, but I don't think we will be making the Sissoko mistake again. As far as established players, I don't think we lack them: Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Dembele, Verts are all established players (Toby too, if he stays). This is not the same team it was 2-3 years ago.

Yes, but I don't think we will be making the Sissoko mistake again. As far as established players, I don't think we lack them: Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Dembele, Verts are all established players (Toby too, if he stays). This is not the same team it was 2-3 years ago.
If Sissoko was a mistake its down to quality, Bale is a different scenario. The players you listed have barely won anything between them - by established Bale is someone who has achieved pretty much everything there is to achieve in the game. His own personal standards instantly elevate us, but that of course is injury permitting. This is the only issue that should stop us going all out for him....

...but that of course is injury permitting. This is the only issue that should stop us going all out for him....

And therein lies the rub.

Bale has been an injury hit player his entire career. To assume he wont be if we signed him is simply foolish - and who would buy a player they KNOW the cannot rely upon at such cost?

I totally understand the idea of a player 'like Bale' and really dont disagree, but I dont think Bale is actually THAT player for us.

That said, as an aside, Im not sure Bale is really that player to demand the highest standards of everyone either. Ronaldo? Absolutely. Love him or loathe him he is a leader, he demands excellence of himself and everyone else. Bale? Always struck me as more introverted, more a part of a system who excelled himself rather than a leader/someone to make outward demands of others.

If Sissoko was a mistake its down to quality, Bale is a different scenario. The players you listed have barely won anything between them - by established Bale is someone who has achieved pretty much everything there is to achieve in the game. His own personal standards instantly elevate us, but that of course is injury permitting. This is the only issue that should stop us going all out for him....

Shame Bale is on around £350K a week and would cost around £80-90m pounds

I think Daniel will not go for Bale for financial reasons.

Back