• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Not really, i worked for a while in Manchester and he was always highly rated by both M/C clubs and even the scousers rated him. He went about his job with no fanfare ( a bit like Davies does for us) but he was a excellant FB.
Agree. A solid and sometimes brilliant fullback who was certainly appreciated at the time.
(and also looked like a priest)

Not really, i worked for a while in Manchester and he was always highly rated by both M/C clubs and even the scousers rated him. He went about his job with no fanfare ( a bit like Davies does for us) but he was a excellant FB.

I’ve always preferred players who do their jobs quietly when playing in defence

I think we have become obsessed with how attack minded our defenders are at a detriment to their core role

Davies goes forward really well but it’s not always in your face attacking which is why people when comparing him to rose highlight roses attcking prowess more

I’m still a huge fan of rose but Davies is rightfully first choice currently

Goretzka, Werner and De Ligt in.. Job done.

Is that Goretka who has signed for Bayern

De Ligt is highly regarded by I think £50m for a kid of his age who hasn’t experienced playing in a different country is a mega gamble

Werner for me looks like he would do well in England

Is that Goretka who has signed for Bayern

De Ligt is highly regarded by I think £50m for a kid of his age who hasn’t experienced playing in a different country is a mega gamble

Werner for me looks like he would do well in England
We do have a good record of bedding in players from Ajax though......

Dr ligt looked really good when I went to see Ajax play this year. Even in saying that he looked slow and cumbersome at times if I'm honest. Don't think he would be suited to the premiership but would look great in Italy and Spain.

However it was the only game that I saw live if anyone wants to shed some light on de ligt. I really couldn't ask for another.

Davinsons already played abroad in joining Ajax dont forget and that was a BIG move for a young kid

Especially being tracked by the likes of Barcelona ... but so is De Ligt currently. Doesn't really say anything. If Ajax Didn't move for Sanchez you can bet your bottom dollar that other European club would have.

Especially being tracked by the likes of Barcelona ... but so is De Ligt currently. Doesn't really say anything. If Ajax Didn't move for Sanchez you can bet your bottom dollar that other European club would have.

Maybe, maybe not. It’s always a gamble and you have to do your due diligence

We tend to do that really well now hence why even failed players don’t complain when leaving

Back