• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Suarez - Serial Biter

And how many great seasons has Bale had? Two?

Speaking of Bale, bit ironic that Bale talks about making good decisions in the new BT Sport ad whilst wearing an Alice Band.
Cracks me up in that ad when they talk about making good decisions and mention Spurs, the look on Bale's face :) the director must be a g00ner

I think that puts the two of you in a fairly exclusive group with Liverpool fans, Uruguay fans and Suarez's mum.

I would expect Suarez to sell for a lot less than Bale did - even when adjusted for his ban.

Only because Bale is more marketable than Suarez who has a reputation as a nasty piece of work whereas Bale is fresh faced and sqeaky clean except for his diving. He seems remarkably humble for someone so good. Suarez gets more goals than Bale and that ultimately settles any arguement. And I didn't realise everyone in the world agreed with you, must have missed the poll you posted.

Oh and one more point, Levy is the main reason why we pulled Madrid's pants down because there is no way Bale is worth that much. If Levy was Liverpool's chairman he would get an almost identical fee for Suarez.

Last edited:
Only because Bale is more marketable than Suarez who has a reputation as a nasty piece of work whereas Bale is fresh faced and sqeaky clean except for his diving. He seems remarkably humble for someone so good. Suarez gets more goals than Bale and that ultimately settles any arguement. And I didn't realise everyone in the world agreed with you, must have missed the poll you posted.

I agree that Suarez would be going for a similar fee to Bale if he was the same age and was less of a ****. The ****iness makes him a lot less marketable and missing ten games a season will impact on a player's value.

real madrid and barcelona are better than mancity/chelsea. atletico might be better than the third best team in england right now (but not in the long-term however). and then basically every other team in la liga is weaker than their counterpart in england who share the same respective league positions.

Well that's up for debate. Sevilla finished 5th, I'd say they're better than Everton. Valencia finished 8th, I'd take them to beat Southampton. I'm cherry picking but I honestly believe La Liga is better. We can't keep failing in Europe but insisting we have the best league, when we used to get 2-3 teams in the CL semi finals we pointed to that and said that's proof we have the best league.

I agree that Suarez would be going for a similar fee to Bale if he was the same age and was less of a ****. The ****iness makes him a lot less marketable and missing ten games a season will impact on a player's value.

Exactly. It's only because he's a **** and he plays for Liverpool who everyone on this forum seems to have a borderline irrational hatred of that makes them undervalue him. Does anyone honestly believe they would have come so close to winning the title if Suarez didn't play for them? You can make the case that only yet another slip by Gerrard cost them the title.

Exactly. It's only because he's a **** and he plays for Liverpool who everyone on this forum seems to have a borderline irrational hatred of that makes them undervalue him. Does anyone honestly believe they would have come so close to winning the title if Suarez didn't play for them? You can make the case that only yet another slip by Gerrard cost them the title.

That said, because he is a ****, the disciplinary problems and him being several years older than Bale, I would only value him in the £50-60m bracket. If the reports are true and Barca have offered £70m, Liverpool should be very happy.

That said, because he is a ****, the disciplinary problems and him being several years older than Bale, I would only value him in the £50-60m bracket. If the reports are true and Barca have offered £70m, Liverpool should be very happy.

And I would agree with that, but that doesn't make Bale a better player as Scara insists.

Bale is better than Suarez. If Suarez can score winners in the Champs League final and Copa Del Ray, then I'll entertain the thought that they perhaps are on the same level.

Liverpool did so well in the league last season because it was their only target, no cups or euro to worry about. This season with or without Suarez they will struggle. Their signings so far are a huge pile of meh.

[tweet]484856017126055936[/tweet]

This is all happening so fast. If only Barca didn't have that pending transfer ban to worry about.

This has been my thinking. A lot of player's prices when they go to Madrid or Barca is to do with their image being marketable. Bale is young, clean cut, no hassle on or off the pitch so can raise a lot of money for Real Madrid through sponsorships and image rights, not to mention being able to perform well on the pitch. Suarez is undoubtedly amongst the best players in the world and renowned for being a panto villian, but he isn't a poster boy in the way Messi or Neyar are for Barca.

Last edited:
A lot of player's prices when they go to Madrid or Barca is to do with their image being marketable. Bale is young, clean cut, no hassle on or off the pitch so can raise a lot of money for Real Madrid through sponsorships and image rights, not to mention being able to perform well on the pitch. Suarez is world renowned for being a panto villian, but he isn't a poster boy in the way Messi or Neyar are for Barca
Indeed.

His price will be inflated because Barca need to get their business done early. If it was Real Madrid in for him, I think that it would be a lot dirtier and more drawn out.

Bale is better than Suarez. If Suarez can score winners in the Champs League final and Copa Del Ray, then I'll entertain the thought that they perhaps are on the same level.

Liverpool did so well in the league last season because it was their only target, no cups or euro to worry about. This season with or without Suarez they will struggle. Their signings so far are a huge pile of meh.

Well I could say until Bale performs in an international tournament then he is not as good as Suarez as Suarez has won the Copa America whereas Bale has never reached a major tournament. The point is it's hardly use that logic, that's like saying Szecsney is better than Lloris because he plays in the CL and Lloris doesn't.

Well I could say until Bale performs in an international tournament then he is not as good as Suarez as Suarez has won the Copa America whereas Bale has never reached a major tournament. The point is it's hardly use that logic, that's like saying Szecsney is better than Lloris because he plays in the CL and Lloris doesn't.
I think that is a ridiculous thing to say. Bale will be lucky to play in one international tournament but that is no fault of his, it is just the luck of where he was born.

I think that is a ridiculous thing to say. Bale will be lucky to play in one international tournament but that is no fault of his, it is just the luck of where he was born.

Dont give a damn about Bale anymore BUT I think he wilplay especially now that the Euros is expanding to 32 teams (or am I imagining this)

Exactly, it's almost as ridiculous as saying Suarez isn't as good as Bale because he hasn't played in a CL final, Suarez would walk into that team ahead of Benzema. Suarez will get his move soon enough and will more than likely win a CL one day. The point is just because Bale plays in a better side it doesn't necessarily make him a better player.

Last edited:
I hope this move goes through as it will obviously weaken one of our rivals fairly drastically, but I really don't want to have watch the little prick play in a barca jersey, nor a RM one for that matter. I don't think I have disliked a footballer as much as this guy ever so I hope his career nosedives from here on. Unlikely but I can live in hope.

Back