• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Starting Eleven 24/25 Season

I hope you are right and that he steps up he has talent for sure, my biggest worry about him though is he seems to switch off at times during games and it is not a skill problem more a aware thing of what is happening around him.

To be honest with players who do that its not something time on the training ground will fix its in his head. He is not a kid anymore [ a lot of young players go through that but move on from it].
Just to be clear, not saying he will, just saying I think there's a chance.

I agree with what you're saying. But I think playing in a familiar system helps. If it was another reset under a new manager in a new system I would think the chances of him making that step up would be less likely.

Just to be clear, not saying he will, just saying I think there's a chance.

I agree with what you're saying. But I think playing in a familiar system helps. If it was another reset under a new manager in a new system I would think the chances of him making that step up would be less likely.

Well lets all hope he can step up for us.

The team mostly picks itself atm, only real area of contention is CM
Id go Biss, Bentancur, Bergvall.

Sarr and esp Maddison have seemed a bit off form so far, whereas Biss has done enough to fend off Gray for now.

Kulu over Bergvall is tempting too, but id have Kulu over Johnson RWF instead.

My guess at the starting XI next Monday:

Vic
Porro..Cuti..VdV...Udogie
Sarr..Bentancur
Johnson..Maddison..Son
Kulu

First subs will be Bissouma, Bergvall and Solanke.​

My guess at the starting XI next Monday:

Vic
Porro..Cuti..VdV...Udogie
Sarr..Bentancur
Johnson..Maddison..Son
Kulu

First subs will be Bissouma, Bergvall and Solanke.​

Do you pick using club status and experience or on preseason performance?

On preseason Spence over Udogie, Spence is fit and ready.

And Bergvall…possibly our most impressive midfielder in preseason. Seems worthy of a spot. But he’s young and maybe being subbed on initially makes sense. Ease him in.

I would like to see Bentancur, Gray and Bergvall in midfield within a couple of months, as they are the most skillful of our midfielders. Sarr a close 4th.

If you were to pick a team on their defensive ability - to defend set pieces, it might look like this:

Dragusin Romero VDV Udogie
Gray Bentancur
Bergvalll Solanke Richarlison
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Solanke start, primarily to help us defend in our own box! Son, Kulu, Maddison, Bissouma aren’t the best defending.

If you were to pick a team on their defensive ability - to defend set pieces, it might look like this:

Dragusin Romero VDV Udogie
Gray Bentancur
Bergvalll Solanke Richarlison
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Solanke start, primarily to help us defend in our own box! Son, Kulu, Maddison, Bissouma aren’t the best defending.
We conceded how many set pieces pre season? The two yesterday but I think that’s it
The worry should be more abut Vics passing at the back not being quite on track
Teams will pounce on that more that set pieces IMO

Do you pick using club status and experience or on preseason performance?

On preseason Spence over Udogie, Spence is fit and ready.

And Bergvall…possibly our most impressive midfielder in preseason. Seems worthy of a spot. But he’s young and maybe being subbed on initially makes sense. Ease him in.

I would like to see Bentancur, Gray and Bergvall in midfield within a couple of months, as they are the most skillful of our midfielders. Sarr a close 4th.
Club status, I don't think Ange will discard anyone based on preseason, but then hopefully our squad is deep enough going forward, that the first eleven is chosen based on performance.

I say! Is it footer already? I only found out recently that Bournemouth is called Association Football Club Bournemouth, and hence is top of the league until next Saturday.

I feel invigorated after two drubbings at the hands of Bayern. Bring on the disappointment!

We threw VDV right into the starting line up, and Solanke has the advantage of PL experience.

Even. Ange has said that we are unlikely to see him as a striker, and will be an attacking mid or out on the right.

I think we will go with experience to start with, and the youngsters will be pushing hard to get into the starting 11.

We conceded how many set pieces pre season? The two yesterday but I think that’s it
The worry should be more abut Vics passing at the back not being quite on track
Teams will pounce on that more that set pieces IMO

We simply have to improve how we play out. It is fundamental. Not having our first choice backline hampered our development of this in preseason.

Having Solanke could also help, providing more of an outlet for a long ball which Vic will use a lot more in meaningful games. That defensive team I listed above are all big fellas who can put their weight about and challenge in the air.

Vicario

Porro, Romero, V.D.V, Udogie

Sarr, Bentacur, Maddidon

Kulu, Solanke Son
Another option:

Poro Romero VDV Udogie
Sarr Bentancur
Kulu
Johnson Solanke Son

Postecoglou may stick with Johnson. If so, I like this setup. Kulu with freedom to explore spaces and link play.

Subs: Bergvall, Gray, Spence, Dragusin, Werner, Moore, Richarlison, Maddison, Bissouma.

Back