• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Hearts Friendly Weds 17 July at 7PM

Very true we are short there. Still like to see a striker come in.
Me too.
Unless Ange is going along the tactics and formation = goals rather than one main focal point. Which wouldn't surprise me, it does seem to be set up that way, to create chances for pieces of space rather than individuals, and the instruction is that someone must be in that space.
Add to that a lack of real leading CFs in football, and that might just be the focus.

I know its just a friendly, but there was something about me checking my phone and seeing goals listed from Lankshear and Moore that got me thinking, 'Wow, this really is the next generation '. For so long Son, Kane, Lloris and Davies were around to have some 'normality' remain throughout seasonal changes, but really feels like this is a new era now....

So many seagulls I could barely see the highlights, but some good play and good goals on display! Happy to see so many young ones involved.

OK I Googled it, this site says the Huddersfield guy is the best LB in the Champo.
It's very easy this DoF stuff isn't it?

Once you have identified a candidate (after watching them a few times in person rather than on the internet) you then have to see if their club want to sell one of their best players for a realistic price then if the player wants to swap being a leading player to a bench warmer and if an other club will offer him more money and a guaranteed starting place. Not many hurdles but fewer than picking a name off the internet like the ITK sites.

I enjoyed the game, always more relaxing when there's nothing at stake. Fairly accommodating opponents (apart from Devlin) a good choice as a starter, the young boys all looked confident which is what you want to see, there will be tougher games but fitness, familiarity and sharpness should improve. The most impressive thing to my mind was the tempo, we appeared to move players and ball quicker.

I know its just a friendly, but there was something about me checking my phone and seeing goals listed from Lankshear and Moore that got me thinking, 'Wow, this really is the next generation '. For so long Son, Kane, Lloris and Davies were around to have some 'normality' remain throughout seasonal changes, but really feels like this is a new era now....

It was a friendly but the takeaways are

- We played almost full youth/2nd string second half (no Son, Deki, Johnson, Maddison, Bissouma, Porro) and arguably looked a better team
- None of the youth players looked out of their depth
- System was there, intent was there, tempo was there

We finally look like we have a functioning youth system and yes, not all or even the majority will make it, but chance are we get a few out of this lot.

There is an ongoing internet joke that birds aren't real (in case you missed it)

"Some supporters have demonstrated with signs stating "Birds Aren't Real" and related slogans.[3] In 2019, a billboard was erected stating "Birds Aren't Real" in Memphis, Tennessee.[1] In 2021, some supporters demonstrated in front of Twitter's San Francisco headquarters demanding that the company change its bird logo."

It worked. Or Elon is a member. Probably the latter.

"Some supporters have demonstrated with signs stating "Birds Aren't Real" and related slogans.[3] In 2019, a billboard was erected stating "Birds Aren't Real" in Memphis, Tennessee.[1] In 2021, some supporters demonstrated in front of Twitter's San Francisco headquarters demanding that the company change its bird logo."

It worked. Or Elon is a member. Probably the latter.
Elon is definitely a "member".

Back