• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Hearts Friendly Weds 17 July at 7PM

Hearts were my dad's club. Couldn't stand the whole Glasgow sectarian nastiness. So he settled for a lesser version of that in Edinburgh against Hibernian. Always liked the club's culture battling against the two Glasgow giants. Did pretty well back in the '50s, winning four league titles.

Great quote above the players entrance. When LB John Cumming took a nasty head cut in the '56 Cup final. Took treatment and returned to pitch to help earn a famous 3-1 win over Celtic. When asked about his decision to play on, he said, "Blood disnae show on a maroon jersey". Immortal words for generations to follow.

Oh, well done for that 5th goal.

A really good showing. Sound disappeared from SpursPlay with 2 mins to go.

The most significant thing I noticed is that Hearts need to employ an Eagle Owl to scare off the seagulls, that was awful viewing through the seagulls.
Also, our shirt numbers are very hard to see from a distance, almost illegible. Incredible shirt designers get away with that.

I think we can safely conclude that our youth players would finish quite high if fielded in the SPL - or did Hearts have some of their youth out too?

A really good showing. Sound disappeared from SpursPlay with 2 mins to go.

The most significant thing I noticed is that Hearts need to employ an Eagle Owl to scare off the seagulls, that was awful viewing through the seagulls.
Also, our shirt numbers are very hard to see from a distance, almost illegible. Incredible shirt designers get away with that.
Dude. Birds aren't real.

Those are drones operated by scouts.

Johnson (Assist Maddison)
Lankshear (Spence through ball)
Moore (dribble from Bergvall pass)
Spence (Assist Werner)
Philips (Assist Scarlett header, keeper parry, great cross from Bergvall)

Brave and confident. Good to see. Early days but hopefully we have a player.

Gray and Spence positives today.
Agreed on Gray and Spence. Both were really good. Looking forward to seeing more of Gray, interesting to see if Spence still has a chance under Ange.

Thought Hall did really well too. Moore a bit in and out of the game, but some lovely moments including the goal. All of the younger players did at least reasonably well I thought. Bergvall looked perhaps a bit too eager to impress particularly early on, but some very good moments from him as well. Maddison and Bissouma looking more like their old selves is a good sign.

Good start to the preseason. Who needs signings?

I'm really not keen on the shiny hoody shellsuits the two 59 year olds are wearing on screen (Ange and interviewer chappy). Not the most becoming.
I can't get over how many seagulls there are still... is that a big thing in Edinburgh? There are 20 in shot, screeching, must be a nightmare for residents.

Ange says:
Pape and Ben should be OK for the tour
Richie behind them
Fraser behind them
Nothing else significant.

I'm really not keen on the shiny hoody shellsuits the two 59 year olds are wearing on screen (Ange and interviewer chappy). Not the most becoming.
I can't get over how many seagulls there are still... is that a big thing in Edinburgh? There are 20 in shot, screeching, must be a nightmare for residents.

Ange says:
Pape and Ben should be OK for the tour
Richie behind them
Fraser behind them
Nothing else significant.
No mention of Udogie?

Only saw the second half and that was a bit sporadic but thought it a reasonable pre season game. Attacking intent clear to see. Good opportunities for new signings, youth players and otherwise exiled players (Spence) to make their claim. I actually thought Spence did well but it seems he is out of favour and will be moved on.

Solomon's looking busy and involved early on.

I thought he had plenty of space, and didn't really work anything.

I couldn't see everything down in that corner, but Moore and Werner were better down the wings 2nd half.

Ange was very quiet first half, didn't see much reaction from him during the first half. 2nd half he was shouting instructions and getting Moore into position and to keep working.

Youngsters did really well. A lot more movement from than than some in the first half.

Back