• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Sporting Clube de Portugal v Tottenham Hotspur FC ****

Agreed, I think we all pretty much agree here. We can't all be wrong.

On a hot night, surely we should use 5 subs to keep efforts high AND to avoid knackering certain players.

Is the Spurs v Leicester game going ahead? I assumed it was called off due to Met Police shortage, Royals etc.
Last I heard We're going ahead and of course the goons are getting a day off. Hopefully bites them later.

Agreed, I think we all pretty much agree here. We can't all be wrong.

On a hot night, surely we should use 5 subs to keep efforts high AND to avoid knackering certain players.

Is the Spurs v Leicester game going ahead? I assumed it was called off due to Met Police shortage, Royals etc.
I think only three fixtures were confirmed postponed for this coming weekend.

Sporting made 4 subs tonight and we only made 1. The headline of our match tonight is that their subs came on and made an impact. Ours were sitting on the bench wondering why Got hates them so much that they can't even get picked ahead of Royal.

Think there is a bit of revisionism going on here. Granted tonight wasn’t good enough, but to say we’ve been poor all season isn’t right. We deserved to beat Soton, Forest and Fulham. Just about deserved it against Wolves albeit not a vintage performance. Got away with it against West Ham and Chelsea tbf. Not saying the performances can’t be improved on, but we’ve had far worse starts to the season. Conte could help himself but rotating at RWB, starting Kulu every league game whilst he is playing this well and making better use of the subs in general. You have five subs Antonio, use them.

Think there is a bit of revisionism going on here. Granted tonight wasn’t good enough, but to say we’ve been poor all season isn’t right. We deserved to beat Soton, Forest and Fulham. Just about deserved it against Wolves albeit not a vintage performance. Got away with it against West Ham and Chelsea tbf. Not saying the performances can’t be improved on, but we’ve had far worse starts to the season. Conte could help himself but rotating at RWB, starting Kulu every league game whilst he is playing this well and making better use of the subs in general. You have five subs Antonio, use them.
Nah we’re brick

Another annoying thing I have been thinking about is that Doherty and Kulu seemed to be having a good partnership on that side until Doherty got injured in the Villa game wasn`t it last season? Emerson is ok but some of his decision making is so bad. I know it is a long fixture congested season and strange having the world cup in the middle of it, and Conte is probably thinking in the long term but I have to agree with the previous comments about the use of subs. The likes of Spence and Bissouma etc are not getting any experience/match fitness sitting on the bench. Whats the betting the line up at the weekend is the same starting 11? Maybe Sessengon and Lenglet will come in but I dont expect many other changes

We have been far from poor all season its just some have taken a ride along and tonight that got shown up, we have got away with carry players, Europe at its punishing best tonight proved thats not happening. We can not afford Son and Kane to be so out of form and we also can't have people continue to believe that just because some of our worse players have not stunk up the joint in a handful of games, that they are somehow now good enough

Poor. We're a bit unbalanced with Kane and Richy, should really rest Kane instead imo.

Only positive is that it's a good wake up call for us and prob the best match for it to happen in.

I can see how Kane and Richarlison would be extremely dangerous on crosses with Kulu and Perisic delivering.

Another annoying thing I have been thinking about is that Doherty and Kulu seemed to be having a good partnership on that side until Doherty got injured in the Villa game wasn`t it last season? Emerson is ok but some of his decision making is so bad. I know it is a long fixture congested season and strange having the world cup in the middle of it, and Conte is probably thinking in the long term but I have to agree with the previous comments about the use of subs. The likes of Spence and Bissouma etc are not getting any experience/match fitness sitting on the bench. Whats the betting the line up at the weekend is the same starting 11? Maybe Sessengon and Lenglet will come in but I dont expect many other changes
We probably just about deserved the wins we got but it's far from convincing. Can't keep winning by being only slightly better than other teams.

Poor. We're a bit unbalanced with Kane and Richy, should really rest Kane instead imo.

Only positive is that it's a good wake up call for us and prob the best match for it to happen in.
For how poor Kane was, he was still the one that created out best two chances. Only prob was they fell to Emerson.
Son contributed nothing again and has to be the one to make way.

I didn’t watch the game. Stupid kick off time.

But I saw nothing to change my opinion that we are bottle job clams with a weak mentality, my favourites of course are exempted from this, I’m sure they played well, as we didn’t score I’m assuming the sulky twins up front purposely put no effort in again, just to tinkle me off.

Spurs will always let you down.

I didn’t watch the game. Stupid kick off time.

But I saw nothing to change my opinion that we are bottle job clams with a weak mentality, my favourites of course are exempted from this, I’m sure they played well, as we didn’t score I’m assuming the sulky twins up front purposely put no effort in again, just to tinkle me off.

Spurs will always let you down.

Your mate Royal missed some great chances and was partly at fault for both goals they scored. Will probably still be starting every game until I’m a pensioner.

Kulu was our best player as usual.

Kane was poor. Ditto Hojbjerg.

For me, there is only one man to blame for tonight's fiasco. It was plain as day that we were struggling. Hugo had to make three excellent saves to keep us in it. Their goalie had a quiet night with only a regulation save from Kane to deal with.

Why did Conte only use one sub? Why didn't he change tactics and personnel? Why weren't Hojberg and Royal hooked as soon as they got yellows? Why was Son allowed to struggle on for so long? Where are our innovative free kicks and corners from our new guru? Why can't our wing backs cut the ball back to the penalty spot for our attackers to run on to? Why have our supposed world class players looked so off the pace? Why can't midfielders make simple passes correctly weighted?

It only leaves one question:

Is it Conte's brother in charge?

I really don't understand what Conte has been seeing the last few weeks to stick with this brick.
Kulu is consistently our best player whether starting or coming on from the bench. Son has been arguably our worst player, yet he always starts and Kulu on the bench.
Emerson gives his all but he is not up to the quality we need. Doherty and Spence can be no worse but never get a chance.
At least Spence is young and will learn so there is some benefit even if he is only playing at Emersons level.
Midfield has been shocking all season but still the starting pair in there.
Finally what's with the lack of subs? I though Poch was terrible with his attitude to subs but Conte has been even worse this season.

I would say that he can likely see the same thing as everyone else regarding Son v Kulu but is choosing to continue playing Son in an attempt to have him find form - the longer he goes without playing well the sooner Conte will have a decision to make on that.

fudge knows what's going on with RWB though

TBF, we did have one FK that looked promising. For starters, Son was taking it which was a huge plus. Kane made a clever shift from the left side of the box to the right and Son just passed it into that space he was moving towards. Ended up a bit wide but it was a decent try.

Thought the loss was on Conte. Didn’t make subs when we visibly tired. We were good for a draw with fresh legs.

Seeing Edwards it hinted at what we often miss: a disruptive influence in the final third. Would love to see a fast player exploit the space on our right flank. Teams would be far more stretched defending against a Traore than with Royal. Not that he plays badly, he just doesn’t explode into space, cross or finish well lol.

I thought Bentancur stunk. Why Conte didn’t switch him, and Hojgjerg at the end who was shagged, idk. Skipp and Bissouma on around 60mins, I think we win that.

The other reason we didn’t win at a canter, for me, was how we tried to force passes that weren’t there. 9 times out of 10 when we tried quick forward passes our play broke down. We need a plan B in that situation. Either the player passing wasn’t set and able to really make the pass. Or the runner was well marshalled. Credit to them. Happy for a small side to pull that off and great see Edwards. We should still top the group, but need to improve and be more dynamic. It’s too predictable that we’ll try to play fast forward passes. Teams work to stop the pass and track the runner. We needed one more pass often before going for the through ball. A bit more patience coordinating the run/movement until the pass was on.

Last edited:
Thought the loss was on Conte. Didn’t make subs when we visibly tired. We were good for a draw with fresh legs.

Seeing Edwards it hinted at what we often miss: a disruptive influence in the final third. Would love to see a fast player exploit the space on our right flank. Teams would be far more stretched defending against a Traore than with Royal. Not that he plays badly, he just doesn’t explode into space, cross or finish well lol.

I thought Bentancur stunk. Why Conte didn’t switch him, and Hojgjerg at the end who was shagged, idk. Skipp and Bissouma on around 60mins, I think we win that.

The other reason we didn’t win at a canter, for me, was how we tried to force passes that weren’t there. 9 times out of 10 when we tried quick forward passes our play broke down. We need a plan B in that situation. Either the player passing wasn’t set and able to really make the pass. Or the runner was well marshalled. Credit to them. Happy for a small side to pull that off and great see Edwards. We should still top the group, but need to improve and be more dynamic. It’s too predictable that we’ll try to play fast forward passes. Teams work to stop the pass and track the runner. We needed one more pass often before going for the through ball. A bit more patience coordinating the run/movement until the pass was on.
Sounds like us all season.
Some said it was the points that mattered, be happy.
But it was coming all along.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back