• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I like Nacer and was sad to see him go, but I don't think that he's the player than Sonny is. Sonny is performing better than Chadli is now, but still has a good amount of developing to do — both as a player and within the league.

For example, Son is scoring a rate of 1 in 4 for us, compared to Chadli who is three years older and scored about 1 in 6. Also, Son has proven to be a much more effective impact sub and can change games with his pace and directness (see: the West Ham game). He's also a much more effective passer, as he almost has as many assists in one and a bit season than Nacer had over three years and 90 appearances.

He's certainly playing the Nacer role, but I think he does it much better. Plus, he's so much more fun to watch.

Son needs to brush up on his first touch though. So many times he hasn't taken advantage of a good position and early pass to him because of a wayward first touch.

That said i suspect that his wayward touches also confuse defenders. so sometimes it works to our advantage. but you can't take away his speed and a very solid strike from any angle. once he is flying i'd just wish for him to send one straight at the keeper; kane or janssen should be there to pounce on it.

i don't believe the early cross is part of poch's game.
when it rarely comes in you don't find kane or janssen anywhere near the penalty box
The early pass / throughball / longer pass / cross is essential to any succesful manager. Whether you label it as a cross is another thing. But we should always try to get it into the forwards in good positions quickly, not slowly.

I like Nacer and was sad to see him go, but I don't think that he's the player than Sonny is. Sonny is performing better than Chadli is now, but still has a good amount of developing to do — both as a player and within the league.

For example, Son is scoring a rate of 1 in 4 for us, compared to Chadli who is three years older and scored about 1 in 6. Also, Son has proven to be a much more effective impact sub and can change games with his pace and directness (see: the West Ham game). He's also a much more effective passer, as he almost has as many assists in one and a bit season than Nacer had over three years and 90 appearances.

He's certainly playing the Nacer role, but I think he does it much better. Plus, he's so much more fun to watch.
Or to put that another way...

Chadli: 15 EPL goals in 4810 minutes = 321 mins per goal
Son: 9 EPL goals in 1880 minutes = 209 mins per goal

Took his goal really well, he frightens the death out of defenders as they never know where he is going to turn up.

Is Son a tad shy and lacking that hint of selfishness? It's nice - he will always praise the pass to him or the team, always put the praise on someone else. A endearing quality he has. But to be a striker, he has to also be hungry, selfish, maybe arrogant sometimes. He can still keep his class and praise for others, but has to develop an inner determined ruthlessness. If so he would start every game. Can Poch draw out his inner tiger? As he has all the skill and ability.

Is Son a tad shy and lacking that hint of selfishness? It's nice - he will always praise the pass to him or the team, always put the praise on someone else. A endearing quality he has. But to be a striker, he has to also be hungry, selfish, maybe arrogant sometimes. He can still keep his class and praise for others, but has to develop an inner determined ruthlessness. If so he would start every game. Can Poch draw out his inner tiger? As he has all the skill and ability.

He's a wing forward, direct, uses both feet, pacey, can finish. He's first touch can be the worst on team and his passing range is not good. It limits how Poch can use him more than any lack of selfishness.

I do think against poorer teams he probably should start, or maybe rotate him and Sissoko, so they are always have fresh legs.

He's a wing forward, direct, uses both feet, pacey, can finish. He's first touch can be the worst on team and his passing range is not good. It limits how Poch can use him more than any lack of selfishness.

I do think against poorer teams he probably should start, or maybe rotate him and Sissoko, so they are always have fresh legs.

It's a determined focus that I would like to see from him. He's always gushing of others. He needs to stand up. Forget prasing others, he has to be the man, take more of a central role - in everything. Passes, finishing whatever. Just want him to mature mentally, so he feels key. If he does then he could be a lethal player. Look at Lalana, who Poch worked with previously. Son is probably faster and has more raw ability (is also 4 years younger), but what makes Lalana a starter for pool is his determination and focus. Son is not far away from being a complete player imo, but needs to sort it out mentally.

It's a determined focus that I would like to see from him. He's always gushing of others. He needs to stand up. Forget prasing others, he has to be the man, take more of a central role - in everything. Passes, finishing whatever. Just want him to mature mentally, so he feels key. If he does then he could be a lethal player. Look at Lalana, who Poch worked with previously. Son is probably faster and has more raw ability (is also 4 years younger), but what makes Lalana a starter for pool is his determination and focus. Son is not far away from being a complete player imo, but needs to sort it out mentally.

All very fair although I would say llalana has more skill, but I get the comparison

Eh. I don't think him gushing about his team-mates is indicative of him not backing himself - you need to have a huge amount of self-belief just to reach the level Son's playing at, and it takes an equal amount of confidence in your ability to leave a side where you're guaranteed a start to go to a similar-sized side in an arguably tougher league.

He's very inconsistent, but I think it's hasn't got much to do with him prioritising his team-mates or downplaying his own contributions - if you watch him play, he goes it alone a lot more than someone like Eriksen, always making runs off the shoulder of the defender and sometimes even taking too long to move the ball on, trying to do everything himself. Truth be told, why he's such an on-and-off player remains a mystery to me. But I certainly don't think it's because he's so self-effacing.

His finishing was poor yesterday but his running into space and behind defenders is first class. He was dangerous and a problem for there defenders all game. There was a few fans in the pub after talking crap about what a waste of space he is, because of his intelligent running into space he could/should have had a couple of goals and on another day he would have.

His finishing was poor yesterday but his running into space and behind defenders is first class. He was dangerous and a problem for there defenders all game. There was a few fans in the pub after talking crap about what a waste of space he is, because of his intelligent running into space he could/should have had a couple of goals and on another day he would have.
That's nonsense of course. He is a big upgrade on Chadli, who wasn't the the worst player we've had in that position by a long shot.

He does need to work on his first touch though. IMO it is his main weakness and probably is the root of any frustrations that Spurs fans have with him. It robs him of vital time. As with all players if you can improve on their weaknesses it will take them to the next level.

Back