• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

What i saw was that after son won, conte changed things up to favour kane scoring

What I saw was Kane just flatly refuse to put a shift in anymore in our colours. The problem for the manager was that he just kept on scoring even though Kane's assists completely dried up. The goals were a nice problem admittedly, but it meant that tactics had to change to accommodate the new Kane who would only touch the ball 30 times in a game. He stopped working and therefore he stopped showing for the ball like he used to. When Kane didn't score, he wasn't worth the shirt anymore.

All of this had a negative effect on Sonny who had to take on different responsibilities because of the golden boy when they played together. Kane was the chief Son assister before that. Then when Kane went to BM, we found ourselves without a number 9 for big parts of the season because of Richi's inability be fit. When Richi was fit, he had a goal contribution every 100 mins (goal or assist). Sonny was much happier, like he will be with Solanke (or Richi) because they really put a shift in for their manager. However, when it has been Sonny's turn to be the 9, I think we've seen that it doesn't suit him. He needs space to work in.

I guess we'll never know whether Ange would have been as weak as Conte, Nuno and even Jose with the senior player Kane who really needed to get a little kick up the arse about his work rate. I doubt it with Ange who saw, like the rest of us, that Kane was still doing his own thing in pre-season before the BM move late last summer. I think Ange was happy to keep Son, and lose Kane. Son was the right personality for the cultural change as well. Kane wasn't.

Back