• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

None of them. Unless we are going bacck a few years. He hasn't scored more than 17 in a season since 21/22.
Apologies. Unfortunately on uploading his entry somehow picked up a duplicated section from one of the others, Now corrected.

Hope you'll still have a go a identifying the players.Will be revealing their names together with my player-by-player streakiness rating on Monday.

Kane taking free-kicks spoke so much to the broken football culture in our club at that time. Clearly there was no level playing field or meritocracy in operation throughout the squad. Kane was grabbing the ball and even pushing his team mates out of the way and then hitting it into the wall or the stand. It spoke volumes to how selfish he had become in our shirt. He was just going after the goal records, but wouldn't show for the ball or even compete for headers with his back to goal. He'd go through the motions.

I was shocked guys like Jose and Conte didn't put that guy back in his box.
They desperately needed him and needed to keep him on side. Whilst we see them as strong characters, and they were, they are also absolutely governed by the quality of their players and with Kane they saw a world-class striker that would give them goals without too much input on their side. It allowed them to try and focus on their fundamentals; the defence.

harr1984 said: 'Son most definitely is streaky'

I'd say Son is no more streaky than most strikers. It's not even as though he's a striker as such. A big part of his role is also to set others up.

Even Haaland has barren streaks, it's just that he's more prolific when he goes on a run of scoring. But that's partly because, unlike Son, he is an out-and-out striker whose only job is to put the ball in the back of the net; partly, because, unlike Son, he plays for an outstanding team and partly because, unlike Son, when it comes to scoring goals he is an absolute freak! :eek:

Here is a profile of the scoring record game-by-game for each of the PL top scorers in season 2023/24. It includes every competitive club appearance by each player, in no particular order, showing for each appearance either the number of goals scored or an asterisk for when they drew a blank..

So here's your challenge. Without checking the records,

- can you tell which one is Son?

- can you sort the letters roughly in order of streakiness, starting with which you think is the least streaky

- where do YOU think Son fits in the streakiness rankings?

Player A
1 * 1 * * * * * 1 1 * * 1 1 * * 1 * 1 * * 2 * * 1 2 * * 1 * * * * * * 1 1 2 3 * 4 * * * 1 * 1 *

Player B
* * * * 3 * 2 1 * 1 1 * * * 1 * 1 * 1 * 1 1 1 * * * 1 * 1 * * *

Player C
* 2 * * 1 3 1 * 1 * * * 1 2 2 * 2 2 1 1 * * * * 2 * * 1 * 5 1 1 * * * 1 * 1 * 1 4 * 2 * *

Player D
1 * * * 1 * 1 1 * * 1 * * * 2 * 1 * 1 3 1 * * 1 1 * * 1 * * * 1 1 * * 1 1 * * * 1 *

Player E
2 * * * 1 1 1 * * 2 * * 1 1 * * * * * 1 1 2 1 * * * * 1 1 * 2 1 * 2 * 2 1 * * 1

Player F
* * * * * * * * 1 * * 1 * * 1 1 1 * * 1 1 * * * * * 1 1 * 2 * * * 3 * 1 * * 1 2 * * * 3 1 * * 2 * 1 * 2 *

Player G
1 * 1 1 * 1 1 * * 1 * * 1 1 * 1 * 1 * * 1 1 1 * * 1* * * * * 2 * * * 1 * 1 * * * 1 * *

Player H
* 1 * 1 * 1 1 * * 2 2 1 1 * * * 2 * 1 * * 1 * 1 1 * 2 1 * * 1 1 1 * 1 * * 1 * * * 1 * *

Player J
* 1 * 1 * * 1 1 1 * * * * * * 1 * * 1 1 * * * * * 1 * * 1 1 2 2 * 1 * * * * 1 1 * * * * 1 1 *

Player K
* * 3 * * * * * 1 * 3 * * 1 1 1 1 * * 1 * * * * * * 1 1 * * 2 1 2 * * 1 * * 2 1 1 * * * 1 * * * *

Have fun!

Player J most streaky for me there - most long spells without scoring being the reasoning. Player K a close 2nd

harr1984 said: 'Son most definitely is streaky'

I'd say Son is no more streaky than most strikers. It's not even as though he's a striker as such. A big part of his role is also to set others up.

Even Haaland has barren streaks, it's just that he's more prolific when he goes on a run of scoring. But that's partly because, unlike Son, he is an out-and-out striker whose only job is to put the ball in the back of the net; partly, because, unlike Son, he plays for an outstanding team and partly because, unlike Son, when it comes to scoring goals he is an absolute freak! :eek:

Here is a profile of the scoring record game-by-game for each of the PL top scorers in season 2023/24. It includes every competitive club appearance by each player, in no particular order, showing for each appearance either the number of goals scored or an asterisk for when they drew a blank..

- can you sort the letters roughly in order of streakiness, starting with which you think is the least streaky

Player A
1 * 1 * * * * * 1 1 * * 1 1 * * 1 * 1 * * 2 * * 1 2 * * 1 * * * * * * 1 1 2 3 * 4 * * * 1 * 1 *

Player B

Player C
* 2 * * 1 3 1 * 1 * * * 1 2 2 * 2 2 1 1 * * * * 2 * * 1 * 5 1 1 * * * 1 * 1 * 1 4 * 2 * *

Player D
1 * * * 1 * 1 1 * * 1 * * * 2 * 1 * 1 3 1 * * 1 1 * * 1 * * * 1 1 * * 1 1 * * * 1 *

Player E

Player F
* * * * * * * * 1 * * 1 * * 1 1 1 * * 1 1 * * * * * 1 1 * 2 * * * 3 * 1 * * 1 2 * * * 3 1 * * 2 * 1 * 2 *

Player G
1 * 1 1 * 1 1 * * 1 * * 1 1 * 1 * 1 * * 1 1 1 * * 1* * * * * 2 * * * 1 * 1 * * * 1 * *

Player H
* 1 * 1 * 1 1 * * 2 2 1 1 * * * 2 * 1 * * 1 * 1 1 * 2 1 * * 1 1 1 * 1 * * 1 * * * 1 * *

Player J
* 1 * 1 * * 1 1 1 * * * * * * 1 * * 1 1 * * * * * 1 * * 1 1 2 2 * 1 * * * * 1 1 * * * * 1 1 *

Player K
* * 3 * * * * * 1 * 3 * * 1 1 1 1 * * 1 * * * * * * 1 1 * * 2 1 2 * * 1 * * 2 1 1 * * * 1 * * * *

Have fun!
Fair comments, hence why I said doesn't have to be dwelt on as much of a criticism and kudus for you to taking the time to do all this research. But this is just one season to be fair, you could look at the previous season and see he went first 6 league games without a goal, scored and then went the next 7 games without a goal, scored and then went the next 5 without a goal :D

I do agree with your overall points though, and perhaps the word 'streaky' is overly harsh even though I did acknowledge that most players are outside the very best.....

Player A

Player B

Player C

Player D

Player E

Player F

Player G

Player H

Player J

Player K

Have fun!
Now for the player-by-player reveal, plus my personal ratings out of ten on the streakiness or otherwise of the ten top scorers in all competitions (excluding internationals) last season.

NB: The higher the rating, the streakier the striker.

Imo the stats show that sooner or later ALL strikers have barren spells from time to time and that most will also go on one or more prolific scoring runs during the season. I believe the stats also help diffuse the jibe that Son is 'undoubtedly streaky' as one poster above has claimed.

Player A : Cole Palmer: 27 goals in 48 appearances in all competitions for Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea last season
Streakiness rating (remember, the higher, the streakier): 6/10.
Among the streakiest. Four streaks of between three and six games without scoring were offset by an eyecatching spell of 11 goals in 6 games

Player B : Son Heung Min: 16 goals in 32 apps for Tottenham
Streakiness rating : 3/10. His 2023/24 season included three runs of between three and four games without scoring, offset by one run of 8 goals in 7 games. Otherwise his goals were spread out pretty evenly across the season.

Player C : Erling Haaland: 38 goals in 45 apps for Emirates Marketing Project
Streakiness rating : 2/10. Like Son, his season included three runs of between three and four games without scoring, but those blanks were interspersed by four prolific scoring runs, as follows: 11 goals in 8, games, 9 in 8, 8 in 5 and 8 in 9. It could perhaps be argued that those extra high scoring runs makes him MORE streaky, but when you end up scoring that many goals, any serious suggestion of streakiness is rendered risible.

Player D : Dominic Solanke: 21 goals in 42 apps for Bournemouth
Streakiness rating: 4/10. Solanke's season included four relatively short blank spells offset by one run of of 8 goals in 7 games

Player E: Alexander Isak: 25 goals in 40 games for Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Streakiness rating: 5/10. Isak's three barren spells included one longish run and two relatively short spells. These were offset by one run of 10 goals in 10 games and one of five goals in four.

Player F: Phil Foden: 27 goals in 53 games for Emirates Marketing Project
Streakiness rating 7/10. With one of eight games, one of five and two of three, Foden was among the more streaky strikers last season. In between he included two hattricks and four braces.

Player G: Jarred Bowen: 19 goals in 44 appearances for West Ham
Streakiness rating: 5/10. Bowen's run of five successive games plus two runs of three all came towards the back end of last season. Prior to that he was among the more regular scorers.

Player H: Mo Salah. 25 goals in 44 appearances for Liverpool
Streakiness rating: 2/10. Salah was probably the least streaky of all PL top scorers last season, being the only player to suffer just two short goalless spells. But neither did he achieve any especially prolific spells, his best being 6 goals in 4 games.

Player J: Bukayo Saka. 20 goals in 47 appearances for Arsenal
Streakiness rating: 8/10. Saka's 23/24 season included four long barren runs; one of six games, one of five and two of four, making him possibly the streakiest of all PL top scorers last term. In between though, his best spell was a run of 7 goals in 6 games.

Player K: Ollie Watkins. 25 goals in 49 appearances for Aston Villa
Streakiness rating: 7/10. Watkins endured four barren spells including one of six, one of five, one of four and one of three. But in between he managed two hattricks and three braces.

Player E: Isakfour

Last edited:
Fair comments, hence why I said doesn't have to be dwelt on as much of a criticism and kudus for you to taking the time to do all this research. But this is just one season to be fair, you could look at the previous season and see he went first 6 league games without a goal, scored and then went the next 7 games without a goal, scored and then went the next 5 without a goal :D

I do agree with your overall points though, and perhaps the word 'streaky' is overly harsh even though I did acknowledge that most players are outside the very best.....
Thanks. Agree he was more streaky in season 22/23, but remember that was when our main striker was Harry Kane. Also, if memory serves, I think he was among the least streaky in 21/22. Either way, my main point is that most strikers are streaky somewhere along the line, plus Son is not even an out-and-out striker. He often also features among the players with most assists.

Son most definitely is streaky, you only have to look at when he scores goals - consistently score a load within a period of a month or two and then naff all for a while. Whether that's purely down to confidence or not who knows but he is streaky, blows hot and cold whether looking at it statistically or his general performances on the pitch.

Doesn't have to be dwelt on as much of a criticism though, outside of the truly world class most players are streaky to some extent.....

I think if we’re gonna call Son streaky then I think every forward in the league is streaky with the exception of Haaland and possibly Salah.

Back