• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

West ham got lucky against Arsenal - lobbing balls in to Carroll won't have the same effect v Leicester and take that away from their last match and they would have got a hiding

West Ham were unlucky

They had a good goal disallowed early and a margin call on another

Carroll will love playing Leicester as he knows they will have to pick him up and he thrives on man to man marking as he can beat anyone in the air

It also creates room for the likes of Payet and Lanzini

My concern with the spammers is this midweek game taking something out of them

remember when Arsenal plastered Islington with parade warnings and repainted an entire bus in the open

That was for their champions league parade

Again they and to do that for legal reasons for road closures but Leicester are getting in 6 weeks early here...

Shouldn't this thread title be changed again?

'Chasing the impossible dream'

'The race for the top three'

Or The Tug of War for Top Two

Or The Slog for Second

Or How can it be that we have the best attack and the best defense in the league and yet we are still not top (aka The New sexy)

being pessimistic here.

But I hear that if Liverpool were to win the Europa league then the place is taken from the top 4. But if Emirates Marketing Project were to win the Champions league then that would be an extra spot? can anyone confirm?

So 4th is a precarious spot to finish this year?

West Ham were unlucky

They had a good goal disallowed early and a margin call on another

Carroll will love playing Leicester as he knows they will have to pick him up and he thrives on man to man marking as he can beat anyone in the air

It also creates room for the likes of Payet and Lanzini

My concern with the spammers is this midweek game taking something out of them
Not when he's being wrestled with the ref looking the other way.

being pessimistic here.

But I hear that if Liverpool were to win the Europa league then the place is taken from the top 4. But if Emirates Marketing Project were to win the Champions league then that would be an extra spot? can anyone confirm?

Correct as I understand it. Not sure about a fifth place if City were to win the CL. Makes sense I suppose.

I can't see us finishing fourth though. The way we dealt with United makes me think there are at least three more wins coming our way.

being pessimistic here.

Hopefully irrelevant to Spurs this season...

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...e-may-not-guarantee-champions-league-football
The fourth-place team in the Premier League may drop into the Europa League if both Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project lift silverware in Europe this season.

UEFA rules stipulate that each association can have a maximum of five clubs in the Champions League for the 2016/17 season, meaning if Emirates Marketing Project win this season's competition and Liverpool win the Europa League, the fourth-place side will have to drop out, provided Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool do not finish in the top four.

That means the likes of Arsenal, West Ham or Manchester United, all in and around the top four places at present, could lose their Champions League reward if they finished fourth.

being pessimistic here.

If Liverpool were to win \the Europa League and finish outside the top 4 it doesn't matter as they WILL NOT take a spot from the top 4. In that instance there would be 5 teams.

If Emirates Marketing Project & Liverpool were both to finish outside the top 4 and both win the Champions League and Europa League respectively then it would matter as they WILL take Cl football away from whoever finishes 4th. This is because UEFA will not allow any more than 5 teams from one nation in Europe.

If Emirates Marketing Project were to win the Champions League and finish outside the top 4, and Liverpool were to win nothing, I have no idea whether that would mean City take Cl away from 4th or whether 4th would keep theirs as well. UEFA rules aren't clear on that part.

Dortmund seen keen to please Liverpool at every turn
Borussia Dortmund supporters will pay tribute to the victims of the Hillsborough disaster before Thursday's Europa League match against Liverpool at Anfield by holding up a mosaic before kick-off spelling out '96' in black and yellow. (Liverpool Echo)

Why not just give them the tie and sit in the centre circle having a sing song.
What's the world coming to.

If Emirates Marketing Project were to win the Champions League and finish outside the top 4, and Liverpool were to win nothing, I have no idea whether that would mean City take Cl away from 4th or whether 4th would keep theirs as well. UEFA rules aren't clear on that part.
England would have 5 CL places but only 2 EL places. The EL spot City earned by winning the Capital One Cup wouldn't pass to another team (per Champions League regulations Article 3.03).

I thought we'd see Leicester dropping some points, but I thought that would start against Southampton and at Sunderland, but they walked over them. So not holding my breath that west ham, utd, Chelsea will do much against them.

What I don't understand though is why the media seem to think we have the harder run in?

I thought we'd see Leicester dropping some points, but I thought that would start against Southampton and at Sunderland, but they walked over them. So not holding my breath that west ham, utd, Chelsea will do much against them.

What I don't understand though is why the media seem to think we have the harder run in?

Because teams actually turn up against us?

I think that is a little unfair.

Teams want to beat Leicester too but they are an effective unit and bloody difficult to play against. As we have found in our games against them this season.

I thought that this analysis by Troy Deeney on why they are so difficult to play against was a really interesting read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35955616

I'll reserve final judgment till after they've played West Ham and Chelsea. Good article, btw, cheers.

Last edited:

The only chance I see us having is if West Ham turn up and win. They have shown earlier in the season that they can beat anyone. If that happens Leicester might feel the pressure and start to crumble. Don't see it happening but I think that is our last chance of catching them. We pretty much have to win all our remaining games aswell...

Back