• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

Alvarez was another of those players that i'd never seen play. But at £17m he seemed perfect for us.

Tevez and mascherano were others. Was in peru and watched an hour long doc of tevez. He was only 19/20. But when the west ham deal was made, they were exactly what we needed. Solid midfielder and striker.

(Sorry bit drunk and might have had a line).

There are some players that stare you in the face. We knew guimaraes was class. Wirtz...

But we seem scared to go for them.

Last edited:
Ndombele apparently going to be released on a free ... I suspect he will never leave the food courts at the stadium and hang around like a bad expensive smell

Not a bad start to the window with a few already out. Now it gets a bit harder, Trying to actually get some fees for PEH, Rodon, Royal Gil, LoCelso etc.

I think we will have teams after Hojbjerg, Rodon, Royal and Lo Celso. It's just if we are holding out for a better price.

Gil might be trickier, I'm sure someone will want him on loan, but that's no use to us.

Not a bad start to the window with a few already out. Now it gets a bit harder, Trying to actually get some fees for PEH, Rodon, Royal Gil, LoCelso etc.

Paying people off is easy enough but as you say, getting fees in is another question. Clearing the decks is great as long as we don't put ourselves in the same position with the signings we make in the meantime, Gill and Solomon looking firmly in that category (perhaps harsh on the latter due to injury problems).

Ever the pedant but this thread should ideally be called sales / outgoings because we haven't sold anyone yet unless I am mistaken.

I wonder with these pay offs are we negotiating to pay less wages but in a lump sum? Can't really see the benefit of it otherwise, unless it's about a loan stipulation like the rooster up with Doherty.

Paying people off is easy enough but as you say, getting fees in is another question. Clearing the decks is great as long as we don't put ourselves in the same position with the signings we make in the meantime, Gill and Solomon looking firmly in that category (perhaps harsh on the latter due to injury problems).

Ever the pedant but this thread should ideally be called sales / outgoings because we haven't sold anyone yet unless I am mistaken.

I wonder with these pay offs are we negotiating to pay less wages but in a lump sum? Can't really see the benefit of it otherwise, unless it's about a loan stipulation like the rooster up with Doherty.

I agree, in an ideal world we would get a reasonable fee for the players we no longer need, as you write it not going to be easy but these players are a drain on our resources and are blocking the pathway for the crop of young talent we have.

I imagine but obviously don't know that it's a percentage of what is owed to the player. The incentive being for the player that they get that lump sum now, can leave an unhappy working environment without losing out too much financially and are free to sign a new deal elsewhere which in some cases may even make the total earned higher than what is owed just in their normal contract and almost definitely over the long term.

Gil and Solomon are not on the same kind of wages as some of those others. Much easier to at the very least get loan deals that cover the wages so a somewhat different situation.

All the players we have released/payed off are players we didn't really expect to get much for anyway. Probably at the very best a small loan fee or some of the wages covered on a loan for someone like Ndombele.

The sales take more time. Good to get those obvious, easy, but not exactly profitable outgoings done with.

I imagine but obviously don't know that it's a percentage of what is owed to the player. The incentive being for the player that they get that lump sum now, can leave an unhappy working environment without losing out too much financially and are free to sign a new deal elsewhere which in some cases may even make the total earned higher than what is owed just in their normal contract and almost definitely over the long term.
I'd love to be on the receiving end of such a grand offer.

What a twisted world we live in.

Read an article online today saying Mourinho wanted Hojbjerg at Fenerbahce and talks were being set up in London. But then the article also said they would ask about Son too so not sure how reliable it is lol

Read an article online today saying Mourinho wanted Hojbjerg at Fenerbahce and talks were being set up in London. But then the article also said they would ask about Son too so not sure how reliable it is lol

I doubt hojbjerg would want to go to turkey. But you never know.

In hindsight, we should have fined Ndombele 2 weeks' wages for a series of 25 petty things e.g. move training to the top of a small hill nearby, or installed a narrow doorway, or tweaked the time for everyone to show up, put a sign next to the donuts saying 'do not eat' etc.

In hindsight, we should have fined Ndombele 2 weeks' wages for a series of 25 petty things e.g. move training to the top of a small hill nearby, or installed a narrow doorway, or tweaked the time for everyone to show up, put a sign next to the donuts saying 'do not eat' etc.
Perhaps a sign next to the donuts saying '£2,000 each' would be the smart move?

Back