• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

One of the reasons we want him is that he can play in any of the four forward positions, so even if he never plays upfront again because of Lambert and Rondon, he could still play every game remaining this season. And if he only scores 6 goals (which would be a pretty bad season for him), it's likely those goals would lead to at least 6 points, which could be instrumental in them staying up and hitting next year's money train tv money fuelled prem....... Now tell me again how we have them over a barrel?

correct correct correct

Ings, Martial, Werner. We know for sure that we put a bid in for Ings. The other two is just speculation.

the whole Ings thing was to help Burnley get a better deal from Liverpool. I dont think we were really interested because Liverpool privately had the Ings deal tied up in Jan. He wanted to go there and nowhere else

Fazio is surplus to requirements at Spurs.....we dont care if he stays or not, whereas as Berahino is their biggest asset. How can you not see the difference

Because they have bought 2 extra strikers since the prior season and they play with 1 striker up front. It is an assumption that Fazio is surplus to requirements, much like it was our assumption that with the purchase of 2 extra strikers, they may be willing to part with one of them.

They cannot complain about the timing of our offer when they are looking to buy players at exactly the same time. They are looking to buy one of Cardiff's players right now and Pulis himself has admitted that it is a problem of the system not the clubs using the system to the best effect.

As I said earlier Pearce is just flapping his gums so as to look good to his own supporters. Thankfully most people see it as no more then that.

but he is going to look like the biggest mug ever if he now sells. I dont think he is that stupid to go about looking good in front of the supporters by doing it like this. If he wants to look good he has to make sure he doesnt sell Berahino this window

Wow I just read Pulis' comments, someone is not happy with their chairman! "He's not just a piece of meat who people are trying to sell"!! Peace is coming under fire from inside now as well then.

Because they have bought 2 extra strikers since the prior season and they play with 1 striker up front. It is an assumption that Fazio is surplus to requirements, much like it was our assumption that with the purchase of 2 extra strikers, they may be willing to part with one of them.

They cannot complain about the timing of our offer when they are looking to buy players at exactly the same time. They are looking to buy one of Cardiff's players right now and Pulis himself has admitted that it is a problem of the system not the clubs using the system to the best effect.

Lambert and Rondon fight for the one striker spot......Ideye and Anichebe are for sale.

Of course they can complain about how late we are bidding for Berahino. They will have to go out and replace him which wont be easy with other clubs demanding silly money for players Brom see as a replacement for Berahino.

i think both clubs are not impressed with how we do business. Simple

Well of course. We don't pay as much. I'd rather sell to the top 4 who can afford to pay more and regularly do. I'd rather not sell to a team that has to spread their payments. Peace can complain all he wants, but it is his fault that the transfer has dragged. First it was because the club was in takeover talks and so there was a transfer embargo. It collapsed on the 24 July so that took out a month.

the whole Ings thing was to help Burnley get a better deal from Liverpool. I dont think we were really interested because Liverpool privately had the Ings deal tied up in Jan. He wanted to go there and nowhere else

All this talk about when we were interested and who is our first choice is all supposition. We had bid pure and simple. You think that this was a "phoney bid" to help Burnley get a better deal. For what reason would we do that when Trippier had a release clause? Willian chose us over Liverpool. Sigurdsson chose us over Liverpool. Is it too much to think that perhaps our club thought that a player may choose us over Liverpool despite knowing that they pay a lot higher wages? The whole phoney bid scenario is just a bit silly.

but he is going to look like the biggest mug ever if he now sells. I dont think he is that stupid to go about looking good in front of the supporters by doing it like this. If he wants to look good he has to make sure he doesnt sell Berahino this window

Well yes he is. He's not going to be the first that has said a player is not for sale and then let them go. Exactly why will he give a crap as to what the supporters think bearing in mind he was quite close to selling the club and is still preparing to sell?

Lambert and Rondon fight for the one striker spot......Ideye and Anichebe are for sale.

Of course they can complain about how late we are bidding for Berahino. They will have to go out and replace him which wont be easy with other clubs demanding silly money for players Brom see as a replacement for Berahino.

They can complain, but it is completely phoney. I think it is clear to see from Pulis' comments today that they the complaint about being late with the offer is a non-starter.

Wow I just read Pulis' comments, someone is not happy with their chairman! "He's not just a piece of meat who people are trying to sell"!! Peace is coming under fire from inside now as well then.

We have all seen Pulis throw his toys out of the pram before and over a similar subject at Palace!

Have they settled at tribunal? Did they get anything near the 10-12m? we bid?

You can point it in any direction you want too, Pearce is flapping his gums for the benefit of his fans and IF he sells him he will say I did my best.

You do realize that this is the most moot discussion ever. We'll find out what the intents of either club were in less than a week. Speculation is pointless and we're just regurgitating the same arguments over and over again. Personally, I'm happy to sit back and wait to see what happens.

You do realize that this is the most moot discussion ever. We'll find out what the intents of either club were in less than a week. Speculation is pointless and we're just regurgitating the same arguments over and over again. Personally, I'm happy to sit back and wait to see what happens.

Fair point.

Absolutely no chance that any club is offering more than we would offer this summer next year when he has just one year left, whether he has a barnstorming season or not.

of course they will....teams like City, chelski and Utd have plenty of money to waste. Spending 30 mill on an exciting English forward is small change

of course they will....teams like City, chelski and Utd have plenty of money to waste. Spending 30 mill on an exciting English forward is small change

Berahino with 2 years on his contract having scored 20 goals last year isn't worth £30M. He isn't going to be worth the same next year with a year less. It just isn't going to happen.

But this is GG. This is what we do.

Give it three weeks and we'll be re-hashing AVB lovers vs Redknapp haters version 94

(Sorry, hadn't seen Bullet had made a more astute response in the same vein)

Back