• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

As I said 'a confident player would hold onto the ball there'. I can only imagine the groans and moans from the crowd when he did this though, even though he didn't really have anything to aim for.
There were plenty
The first thing he did though was run back into his defensive position
I heard a lot at half time day the first goal was all on him too
Scary really that a WC keeper throws it in his net and we blame the player who it came off

I'd like to see how good a chance that was to actually put in a dangerous ball.... The clip posted above shows 6 Arsenal defenders against our 3 in attack with two more Arsenal players getting back into the picture as well and Son (the only player in the box) not making a dangerous run at all. Maybe the other one was a better chance (I haven't seen it back) but at the game I think I remember us having two players both just kind of wait at the edge of the box instead of one trying to get in to allow the ball between the defenders and keeper.

Did Doherty even get into a position to put in a cross in the whole game?

Neither was a good cross
Crossing isn’t his forte so far (he is learning odd Perisic)
But his running into the box is great and that’s a conte pre requisite.
Contes wing backs aren’t known for great crossing. It’s for receiving and driving into boxes late to get goals. It’s why it think he likes him

There were plenty
Scary really that a WC keeper throws it in his net and we blame the player who it came off

Amen to that. The mistake from Lloris was schoolboy stuff and trying to blame Sess in anyway is hiding the truth. imo

Amen to that. The mistake from Lloris was schoolboy stuff and trying to blame Sess in anyway is hiding the truth. imo
The other thing I don't understand for Arsenal's first goal is that unlike most teams we have an extra centre back, yet our wing back gets left completely one on one with no back up from one of the centre backs. How can that happen? Both Dier and Lenglet are basically just standing next to Lloris when that cross comes in. Surely in that attack one of them (generally would be expected to be Lenglet) has to get himself in behind Sessegnon to give him some help, that is what Romero does over on the right with Doherty and that allows Doherty to get closer to his player and be more aggressive. Or at the very least one of them should be moving in front of the near post to try to stop the ball from being able to be delivered into the goalmouth?

The other thing I don't understand for Arsenal's first goal is that unlike most teams we have an extra centre back, yet our wing back gets left completely one on one with no back up from one of the centre backs. How can that happen? Both Dier and Lenglet are basically just standing next to Lloris when that cross comes in. Surely in that attack one of them (generally would be expected to be Lenglet) has to get himself in behind Sessegnon to give him some help, that is what Romero does over on the right with Doherty and that allows Doherty to get closer to his player and be more aggressive. Or at the very least one of them should be moving in front of the near post to try to stop the ball from being able to be delivered into the goalmouth?

I I can't dance with that at all, what i will say as extra though i think a lot of the problems stem from the ability of Lloris to command his area both vocal and physicaly. I have always disagreed that Lloris should be our Capt as he is usally not vocal at all and is too far away from the play a lot. When ever you see close ups of him its usually moans and groans and head shaking when he should be commanding the posistions our defenders take up.

One of the reasons Jennings was our best ever keeper (imo) is that you could hear him from the stands and ordering players what?/where they should be. Lloris has been a very good keeper but a poor capt ( imo).

There were plenty
The goal was on Lloris but Sess was rather easily beaten and allowed a dangerous cross from a dangerous position. It was not good work from home defensively.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The goal was on Lloris but Sess was rather easily beaten and allowed a dangerous cross from a dangerous position. It was not good work from home defensively.

he was quite obviously instructed to show him on to his right foot though. Maybe his mistake was having done that. Don’t try to get the block in, but if he does that and saka pulls out a good cross from which they score he get pillared again.

he was quite obviously instructed to show him on to his right foot though. Maybe his mistake was having done that. Don’t try to get the block in, but if he does that and saka pulls out a good cross from which they score he get pillared again.

Players need to know regardless how to act in those areas though, regardless of what he is told there needs to be a level of in game footballing instinct. I don't know if the players are acting scared because of instruction but you would still expect more from a player

Let’s also not forget that Saka is a brilliant player, full of confidence, playing regularly and Sess is a player with potential, seemingly low on confidence, who hasn’t started for a while. And if Hugo doesn’t defy physics to prod the ball over the line we’d be complaining about something else Sess did or didn’t do.

Reactions: DTA
Sessegnon compared to bale in his early doors? I give up.

This lad is a mid table player that came with hope, only because he played in the Premier league at a very young age with Fulham.

He can improve but not seen much of him to fill me with optimism

It wasn’t a dangerous cross
If Hugo didn’t touch it, it goes out for a throw in

Players need to know regardless how to act in those areas though, regardless of what he is told there needs to be a level of in game footballing instinct. I don't know if the players are acting scared because of instruction but you would still expect more from a player

I know
A world up winning goalkeeper throwing it in his net, falling backwards and spinning the ball like a basketball player

It wasn’t a dangerous cross
If Hugo didn’t touch it, it goes out for a throw in

He backed off and let him hit across the box from close range. You could say Saka just had the best of him in that situation but fundamentally I think it was poor defensive play from him. He couldn't take command and usher him out. Saka mainly did what he wanted. I'd notice and mention it for any defender.

Now of course Hugo was worse than useless in that situation and the goal is on him ultimately.

He backed off and let him hit across the box from close range. You could say Saka just had the best of him in that situation but fundamentally I think it was poor defensive play from him. He couldn't take command and usher him out. Saka mainly did what he wanted. I'd notice and mention it for any defender.

Now of course Hugo was worse than useless in that situation and the goal is on him ultimately.

Saka wanted to move it onto his left IMO and cross outwards but he couldn’t as he was shown to the line. I thought it was a poor call initially until I saw he had to use his right foot

As I said 'a confident player would hold onto the ball there'. I can only imagine the groans and moans from the crowd when he did this though, even though he didn't really have anything to aim for.

Are you talking about the first few minutes when Kane sprayed the ball out to him in about 35 yards of space? Yes, he absolutely should’ve held onto it and driven towards the area, or maybe spotted Kane’s run into the left channel where a properly rolled/passed ball wouldve left Kane going into the area with a few yards free around him. Instead he spaffed it, even worse when (as you said) there wasn’t much to aim for save Sonny (outnumbered).

I'd like to see how good a chance that was to actually put in a dangerous ball.... The clip posted above shows 6 Arsenal defenders against our 3 in attack with two more Arsenal players getting back into the picture as well and Son (the only player in the box) not making a dangerous run at all. Maybe the other one was a better chance (I haven't seen it back) but at the game I think I remember us having two players both just kind of wait at the edge of the box instead of one trying to get in to allow the ball between the defenders and keeper.

Did Doherty even get into a position to put in a cross in the whole game?

See below. Kane was moving into an excellent position. Just carry the ball a bit further. I’d even forgive him failing to see that pass if he tried to take a man on and won a corner.

Saka is an excellent player and very good one on one. He was fairly isolated against Sessegnon in a situation where him cutting in onto his left would pose much more of a threat.

We've all seen what Kulusevski does to even very good defenders in these situations with regularity.

Ending up with a weaker foot under some pressure in that situation is decent defending imo. We cannot expect our wing backs to stop very good players in that kind of situation with a high frequency.

Back