• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rough highlights of Prem teams' transfer windows

Neither have we. We haven't improved our starting XI. Maybe Gray or Bergvall can challenge for a starting place (they will start games, because no one can play all games), but none are definite starters. But We've improved our squad to the point that in midfield, there won't be a significant drop in quality, regardless of who plays.
I agree and definitely not disagreeing with you. But it's worth remembering that our best 11 last season was really good and that a stronger squad was a big priority going into the summer. If we can get that with players who also have really special potential for the future that's fantastic.

But yeah, one or two players that would push on our strongest 11 would be great too.

I take your overall point, but on this one point I think if Udogie is injured we would move VdV to left back. Having said that, Davies was soooooo far forwards in the first half of the Vissel Kobe game, it really is a midfield/attacking role for 75% of the game, so we could indeed play Donley or Skipp or someone else random, rather than a LB.

I think if Richy is injured we would play Deki up front and Son left, as we did vs Vissel Kobe, Deki looked really excellent in that role, far better than when he plays right forward.

I don't want to stifle any of our starlets, so we should only sign someone that is REALLLLLY good. That is why I think Werner and Solomon are surplus if we get someone toppity top for left forward.
New signings now, more than before, have to be the right ones. Ones that will add to the team rather be squad filler

I agree and definitely not disagreeing with you. But it's worth remembering that our best 11 last season was really good and that a stronger squad was a big priority going into the summer. If we can get that with players who also have really special potential for the future that's fantastic.

But yeah, one or two players that would push on our strongest 11 would be great too.
I don't think our first XI is that good, decent but not 'really good' - there are several positions that could be improved with better quality in the starting XI.

GK and the back 4 would be very hard to improve on for sure. But CM and the forward positions the quality could definitely be improved on, even adding Gray as young as he is I think has improved the quality in that area. Bentancur/Bissouma/Sarr (yes I know is still young) are still much of a muchness in that they are consistently inconsistent. Both for CM and the forward line, an established quality player(s) could and should be added - yes we know we are going for young potential profile players but you cant have a whole team with this profile if we want to reach the promised land....

I don't think our first XI is that good, decent but not 'really good' - there are several positions that could be improved with better quality in the starting XI.

GK and the back 4 would be very hard to improve on for sure. But CM and the forward positions the quality could definitely be improved on, even adding Gray as young as he is I think has improved the quality in that area. Bentancur/Bissouma/Sarr (yes I know is still young) are still much of a muchness in that they are consistently inconsistent. Both for CM and the forward line, an established quality player(s) could and should be added - yes we know we are going for young potential profile players but you cant have a whole team with this profile if we want to reach the promised land....
I agree that the front line in particular is where we should look to improve. We still scored quite a lot of goals of course, with Richarlison missing a significant part of last season. Not quite sure what the best way is to improve that front line, several solutions could be good. But some work there to be done.

Not saying the strongest 11 shouldn't be improved on, but a lot of quality there. I think a squad more like what we're seeing now would have seen us finish well into the top four last season with that strongest 11. For me that's really good, but us using words differently is fine. We should push to get even better. Hopefully that will happen with 1-2 more clearly first choice type signings.

I agree that the front line in particular is where we should look to improve. We still scored quite a lot of goals of course, with Richarlison missing a significant part of last season. Not quite sure what the best way is to improve that front line, several solutions could be good. But some work there to be done.

Not saying the strongest 11 shouldn't be improved on, but a lot of quality there. I think a squad more like what we're seeing now would have seen us finish well into the top four last season with that strongest 11. For me that's really good, but us using words differently is fine. We should push to get even better. Hopefully that will happen with 1-2 more clearly first choice type signings.

It's probably unfair expectation. But really think moore will become a really big player for us next season. If we could get a decent fee for richarlison and upgrade i'd be happy. We havethe korean guy joining in jan aswell.

It's probably unfair expectation. But really think moore will become a really big player for us next season. If we could get a decent fee for richarlison and upgrade i'd be happy. We havethe korean guy joining in jan aswell.
I hope that happens. But if what happens is that he does enough that next summer we can (again) say that we think he will be a really big player for us the season after that it would still be great.

Even if he properly breaks through this season in the PL his minutes will have to be managed.

Think we need some business in that attacking third, but should be someone really good.

I take your overall point, but on this one point I think if Udogie is injured we would move VdV to left back. Having said that, Davies was soooooo far forwards in the first half of the Vissel Kobe game, it really is a midfield/attacking role for 75% of the game, so we could indeed play Donley or Skipp or someone else random, rather than a LB.

I think if Richy is injured we would play Deki up front and Son left, as we did vs Vissel Kobe, Deki looked really excellent in that role, far better than when he plays right forward.

I don't want to stifle any of our starlets, so we should only sign someone that is REALLLLLY good. That is why I think Werner and Solomon are surplus if we get someone toppity top for left forward.

Point taken on VDV at LB, him shifting over and Dragusin coming in is something I think we'll see happen a fair bit this season. There's still too many priorities elsewhere to invest in another LB who'll only play if Destiny is injured / needs a break. Going by the summer people will still freak out about a right footed player in a left sided role even if they do well but Spence could also see some time out there imo.

Deki as a CF is an interesting one, helps that he's looked good in pre season bringing others in to play and if we don't bring anyone else in who plays centrally he'll probably get a go as well. It'll obviously be different playing against top level PL CBs.

There's still plenty of time in the window so it will be interesting to see where we go with it but at present I still have us looking quite good for a part of the season and struggling for the rest, aiming at around 6th to 4th and not really challenging for trophies - I just don't see how our dealings so far have fixed the malaise of the 2nd half of the season.

Point taken on VDV at LB, him shifting over and Dragusin coming in is something I think we'll see happen a fair bit this season. There's still too many priorities elsewhere to invest in another LB who'll only play if Destiny is injured / needs a break. Going by the summer people will still freak out about a right footed player in a left sided role even if they do well but Spence could also see some time out there imo.

Deki as a CF is an interesting one, helps that he's looked good in pre season bringing others in to play and if we don't bring anyone else in who plays centrally he'll probably get a go as well. It'll obviously be different playing against top level PL CBs.

There's still plenty of time in the window so it will be interesting to see where we go with it but at present I still have us looking quite good for a part of the season and struggling for the rest, aiming at around 6th to 4th and not really challenging for trophies - I just don't see how our dealings so far have fixed the malaise of the 2nd half of the season.
Deki played CF in the last game of the season but it was Sheffield so not the best benchmark

I fully agree that Spence may be an option on the left

I do think that’s fans fans are under estimating the potential impact of the young signings and ones coming through

Mainoo was not a united starter last summer… this summer he was starting for his country. We have players of at least a similar talent/hype level but until now haven’t seen them in a first team shirt in reality

What we need now are the couple of senior player signings who can really fill the gaps. Ideally a true CF and the other player in a position that Ange wants (I don’t know where)

That should be the focus and where the money goes

Don’t forget this season we won’t lose 3 starters to a mid season competition and theoretically the squad are all now aware of and up to speed on the physical demands of Ange ball

Agreed.
Towards the end of last season I think we had too many players with small injuries and off form.
Our new excellent 'kids' should be able to take minutes away from those players.
Although we should have way more games of course.
I assume we will buy 1 or 2 more star first-teamers at some point.

Wet Spam close to signing Fullkrug apparently. I quite liked the look of him, but 31 and a bit of a lump up top, I guess.

Ehhh... What? Can't remember anyone saying that. Quite the opposite. Afaik, the vast majority thought it was a very weird signing.

Do a search on here. For when he wen't to burnley.

Bullet, greatwhitenorf, kdscc, mostly bedford though. I did mention he was half the price of what they got for wood.

Do a search on here. For when he wen't to burnley.

Bullet, greatwhitenorf, kdscc, mostly bedford though. I did mention he was half the price of what they got for wood.
Weghorst is a good player
And very good player
Put him in a brick team that don’t suit him and that’s what you get …

We'll see. Everyone thought weghorst would be great.
I think Scamacca would have been a better example as he went to West Ham and was an Italian international of whom great things were expected of him. Problem is Moyes ball didn't suit him, you need a striker to fit the system. And Fulkrug is the type of striker Lopu likes to have, he will in all probabilities be a good signing....

I think Scamacca would have been a better example as he went to West Ham and was an Italian international of whom great things were expected of him. Problem is Moyes ball didn't suit him, you need a striker to fit the system. And Fulkrug is the type of striker Lopu likes to have, he will in all probabilities be a good signing....

31 though. If we were going to be bringing in a starter in the role i'd prefer someone younger.

Back