• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rough highlights of Prem teams' transfer windows

On paper Villa have made some good additions, the latest being Onana from Everton, who I think can become a top DM. They'll be up brick's creek if they don't manage CL again next year, but for this coming season they'll be one more team that will be challenging for a CL spot. Making CL is going to be getting tougher and tougher. Used to be 5 teams (us, Scum, Chelsea, Pool, Manure) challenging for 3 spots (City being a given) and now it'll be 7 (plus Villa and the barcodes) challenging for 3 or 4 spots.

On paper Villa have made some good additions, the latest being Onana from Everton, who I think can become a top DM. They'll be up brick's creek if they don't manage CL again next year, but for this coming season they'll be one more team that will be challenging for a CL spot. Making CL is going to be getting tougher and tougher. Used to be 5 teams (us, Scum, Chelsea, Pool, Manure) challenging for 3 spots (City being a given) and now it'll be 7 (plus Villa and the barcodes) challenging for 3 or 4 spots.
Thats why we win the Europa.

They have lost their best player though

I agree with you, but I think managing Champions League and Premier League will really test them. Similar to Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season and us a couple of times.

Hopefully Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be unsettled by Howe to England chat and hopefully he's goes (job swap with Southgate would be nice.)

Man Utd have signed Zirkzee. Not a player I know enough about to have any idea as to if that's a treading water signing or a shrewd improvement
Ten Hag surrounding himself with fellow dutchmen - so far 1 player and 3 staff - one of them Nielsterooy... and rumours of De Ligt

They have lost their best player though

And about to sell another by looks of it, buying a numbers game of jumble sale players, reminds me of our old strategy, suppose thats them balancing the books. But even with their 4/5 signings to our 2, I like our work better so far

And about to sell another by looks of it, buying a numbers game of jumble sale players, reminds me of our old strategy, suppose thats them balancing the books. But even with their 4/5 signings to our 2, I like our work better so far
TBF it’s money in for Psr vs amortised money out

I really don’t get the reaction of some of our fans to it though.

So far they have signed a starting left back and in Onana a replacement for their best or most key player last season. Onana I’m still not sure what he is player wise

The rest are prospects with talent. It’s not a bad approach but feels scatter gun

So far they have signed a starting left back and in Onana a replacement for their best or most key player last season. Onana I’m still not sure what he is player wise

The rest are prospects with talent. It’s not a bad approach but feels scatter gun

Agree, I find alot of what I see, especially on X, well its just those that want numbers in now and they don't care who, its screaming into the ether....

Villa won't be challenging the top 4 this season IMO. Their signings are very much meh, not any that would really elevate them and certainly not us so if that is the ilk of player they can attract when in the premium European competition we don't have much to fear from them.

Onana is one of those players who looks like he should be good as he has a lot of the physical attributes, but most of the time flatters to deceive. If Villa get any form of European football next season they have done well...

I agree with you, but I think managing Champions League and Premier League will really test them. Similar to Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season and us a couple of times.

Hopefully Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be unsettled by Howe to England chat and hopefully he's goes (job swap with Southgate would be nice.)
If he goes, I'd expect Pochettino to register interest

Who's our 2nd signing? Gray and who else?

Back