• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

Too much pressure on him. He has to feel relaxed, and let the goals come. He is always in the right position. Its amazing. He's not the biggest, and when playing upfront alone, he often has a job just holding off a defender. Whilst he gets his shot away, defenders do enough to make it difficult. He can be a Lineker type player. If it clicks, he gets the service, and he gets in the groove...time will tell.

Too much pressure on him. He has to feel relaxed, and let the goals come. He is always in the right position. Its amazing. He's not the biggest, and when playing upfront alone, he often has a job just holding off a defender. Whilst he gets his shot away, defenders do enough to make it difficult. He can be a Lineker type player. If it clicks, he gets the service, and he gets in the groove...time will tell.

Ade has to do his part in forging the partnership. Both of them could make an excellent duo.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk 4

Getting into the Spanish side is difficult.

We can agree to disagree, but let's do this

- What's a reasonable amount of goals (total & PL) for you to believe he is a good buy?

So we can look at it at the end of season, I think he will surprise you. Btw, I never though Hutton was decent, but would take Walker over Naughton any day :) always though Berbatov/Bale were the real deal, wasn't sure with Carrick/Modric and my worse "ability guess" was probably Ronaldo, honestly thought the guy Manure bought was a one trick pony (see where that went)

For £26m and at the age of 28, really I'd be hoping for 25 league goals ...

he is showing quite a lot of ability now, is more involved in attacking moves than i expected. That pass to Lennon last night was genius, it was Ozil, Mata, Berbatov etc like

looks happier, hopefully the goals will flow in the second half of the season.

FAO Truth:-

Mayeb we need to start taking our eyes off his goal tally and start looking for other benefits

Last season Ade supplemented his lack of goals with his intense work rate and unselfish play when we were attacking....dragging people wide coming deep were things he always did in his career but he seemed to do it more full time when he was in poor form

the game against united still showed some glaring issues but it does show Solly as a visually UN-impaired footballer with a very very good footballing brain. He might not be scoring but when he is given time and space , which he will have now with added support, he seems very capable in build up play.

and he really does have some good touches

essentially much like my strong defense for Robbie keane in this same wonky system some 4 years ago, i couldnt care less if Soldado never scored again as long as we are winning in this formation with him in it contributing however best he can....

what do ya think?

in AVB's system clearly that was a problem for me LOL, plus i thought we paid 26 mill for him...which i was convinced we would not do, and i was right we didnt!!! so am all square now with the price.

ThoseRealisticHochstettersfrog.gif

Both were sublime. Soldado's was more obvious but weighted perfectly, Lamela's was pure ingenuity.

dont agree. lamela's was an open or opening lane that the ball was played straight into ...defoe did the hard work.

was more impressed that lamela kept on moving after the pass than anything else...and that he actually saw the lane opening / open and made a decision

i'm at fault for derailing the thread here, probably best to get back on topic..after your comment of course dude

Soldados pass gets a lot of credit. As it should, it's awesome. But credit to Lennon for that brilliant bit of movement to know of Soldados ability to find him in behind.

FAO Truth:-

Mayeb we need to start taking our eyes off his goal tally and start looking for other benefits

Last season Ade supplemented his lack of goals with his intense work rate and unselfish play when we were attacking....dragging people wide coming deep were things he always did in his career but he seemed to do it more full time when he was in poor form

the game against united still showed some glaring issues but it does show Solly as a visually UN-impaired footballer with a very very good footballing brain. He might not be scoring but when he is given time and space , which he will have now with added support, he seems very capable in build up play.

and he really does have some good touches

essentially much like my strong defense for Robbie keane in this same wonky system some 4 years ago, i couldnt care less if Soldado never scored again as long as we are winning in this formation with him in it contributing however best he can....

what do ya think?

in AVB's system clearly that was a problem for me LOL, plus i thought we paid 26 mill for him...which i was convinced we would not do, and i was right we didnt!!! so am all square now with the price.

Yep; I said pretty much the same in the OMT (or ratings thread). Now we have 2 strikers, the pressure to score should have been lifted. His overall play was very good and you can see how happy he is when anyone scores. I think the problem for some is that they believe at his age and cost - he should be scoring more often...

His passing and contribution should be taken into consideration, and I'm a fan.

That said, he does need to score, the games could have been a lot more comfortable if he had put away his chances in last few games. The good part is he is getting there, in right position, just needs it to click. In the interim he's justifying his selection with his other contributions.

For £26m and at the age of 28, really I'd be hoping for 25 league goals ...

His time under AVB's reign should almost be ignored if you ask me. He rarely had a team-mate within 20 yards of him and in most of the games didn't get a chance worthy of the name. Now that he has a partner and now that we're not trying to compete with watching paint drying in terms of being the least entertaining, he should be getting 1 goal every 2 or 2.5 games

Lets hope the add on's to the main sum paid to Valencia is for goals scored ;)

His time under AVB's reign should almost be ignored if you ask me. He rarely had a team-mate within 20 yards of him and in most of the games didn't get a chance worthy of the name. Now that he has a partner and now that we're not trying to compete with watching paint drying in terms of being the least entertaining, he should be getting 1 goal every 2 or 2.5 games

And he will. I reckon he will get 20 goals quite easily this season including cups. Ok, he should really be getting that sort of tally in the league alone but with his all round play and considering first season I'd settle for that. I wouldn't be surprised if he got around 15 PL goals second half of the season, got a feeling his goal tally will really pick up this year....

Well summed up!

Hear, hear! It's a matter of time before he'll start scoring regularly from open play. He's just too good not to. It's really since we got rid of AVB that we've seen the footballing brain of Soldado - he's clearly a clever player with more to his game than say a Darren Bent.

To be honest, I think all our players performances should be set back to zero as it were. Start again and afresh.

Infact I would put a proposal forward to the F.A. that the season should be restarted - we would have Manures backing thats for sure.

Back