• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Let’s take a look at each player in turn.

First, the opposition's secret weapon - Soldado.... 7 goals in 54 games or 1 goal every 7.3 games.

Next Armstrong… Do you mean Chris Armstrong?.... If so he absolutely p!ssed on Soldado, scoring 48 goals in 141 games – a goal every 2.9 games.

Crouch… Even If we ignore Crouch’s significant extra contribution as a target man and look only at his goals – he scored 12 league goals in 78 games – a goal every 6.5 games.
Moores… Do you mean Ian Moores? He was before my time but I looked up his stats and he scored 6 league goals in 29 games for us – a goal every 4.8 games.
Jones… Now there is no way you can be talking about the legend that is Cliff, so perhaps you mean Chris Jones? A kid who came through as an apprentice at Spurs and subsequently stayed with us for a good portion of his career. His stats say he scored a total of 42 goals in 185 games for us – a goal every 4.4 games (although I couldn’t’ find a stat for league goals only).
So to summarise:
1. Armstrong - 1 goal every 2.9 games
2. Jones – 1 goal every 4.4 games
3. Moores - 1 goal every 4.8 games
4. Crouch – 1 goal every 6.5 games
5. Soldado – 1 goal every 7.3 games​
So Soldado is very much bottom of your **** list

Although to be fair Superhudd did actually trawl through the history books to find a couple of Spurs strikers with even worse goal scoring records than Soldado, in Helder Postiga (1 in 19) and Paul Moran (2 in 36). So I'll retract my previous comment of him being the worst ever striker to play for us and revise it to "The third worst striker ever to play for us, who also happened to be the most expensive".

I did mean Gerry Armstrong as I was one of the fans who liked Chris Armstrong ;), you have done well with those stats and I I can't dance with them ( just one point Moores did score the number you mention but 3 came in the 9-0 defeat of Rovers and out of the 4 of the 6 came in the lower div) . Now I know a striker main job is to score goals and we all know that Soldado has failed at that here, however as a footballer I look at the other skills that they possess and ( imo) Soldado has more then most of those I listed. I disagree with those who say is first touch, running off the ball and link up play is poor( but that is just imo).

So I stick by what I said, Soldado is a better footballer then most of those I mentioned but as I say that is my opinion and I accept his goal return is /has been very poor.

I looked up the first five I could think of.

Frazier Campbell 1 in 10
Andy Booth 0 in 4
Gregorz Rasiak 0 in 8
Rory Allen 2 in 20
Neale Fenn 0 in 11

Then I remembered someone who truly deserves to be on the worst ever list.

Ronnie Rosenthal 4 in 88

First foreign player to cost more than £1 million when Liverpool forked out 1.1 for him in 1990. We got away with paying them 250k.

Ah, but that FA Cup come-back at The Dell !

Soldado most certainly has NOT earned the title of 'good striker' not at spurs anyway.... To 'earn ' that title you have to do something good.... Bobby has done SFA.

Rebrov was better and in a worse team, he was was actually a drop off striker, but still scored more than soldado, don't think he took pens either (maybe wrong)
in
Veron.. Morientes.. Shevchenko. Are they brick Players? Or are you so insular that only what happens in the Premier League is all that matters. Are you really righting off everything else a player does in there career to fit your own small minded narrative.

in
Veron.. Morientes.. Shevchenko. Are they **** Players? Or are you so insular that only what happens in the Premier League is all that matters. Are you really righting off everything else a player does in there career to fit your own small minded narrative.

Please tone it down a little SH. We can disagree with people without insulting them or posting aggressively.

I looked up the first five I could think of.

Frazier Campbell 1 in 10
Andy Booth 0 in 4
Gregorz Rasiak 0 in 8
Rory Allen 2 in 20
Neale Fenn 0 in 11

Then I remembered someone who truly deserves to be on the worst ever list.

Ronnie Rosenthal 4 in 88

First foreign player to cost more than £1 million when Liverpool forked out 1.1 for him in 1990. We got away with paying them 250k.

I guess it says something when to come up with a list of forwards worse than Soldado we have to resort to 2 players who came in on loan, a £1 million stop gap January signing and 2 players who came through from the youth team.

If we do get rid of Soldado and Ade as well could it be a case of two out two in!? Or is that just being overly wishful?
I think it might be, but as others have pointed out we might go for one out and out striker and a couple of inside forwards that can play striker if needed.

I think there is still a bit of life left in this transfer window for us with 3 or 4 coming and and the same going out.

in
Veron.. Morientes.. Shevchenko. Are they **** Players? Or are you so insular that only what happens in the Premier League is all that matters. Are you really righting off everything else a player does in there career to fit your own small minded narrative.

Dude read what I wrote again, I said ' at spurs'...

Thing is I don't hate soldado, he has been very poor, but I feel for the guy.... Generally I'm a compassionate dude like that.

What grates me is the fact that Ade (although I to think he needs to go now) gets 100x the abuse Bobby does (a big chunk of that from you) and he has actually contributed to our cause, he was in periods at least, an excellent player for us.... And even in his poor periods he was no worse than fan favourite Bobby Soilder

It's the unfairness that gets to me. That's why I continually point out how brick Bobby has been..... And he has been ever so brick....... FOR SPURS

I know you said Spurs.. like everyone bashing Soldado, you have changed your narrative from brick player to brick player in a Spurs shirt. :rolleyes:

What grates me is the fact that Ade (although I to think he needs to go now) gets 100x the abuse Bobby does (a big chunk of that from you)

It's the unfairness that gets to me. That's why I continually point out how **** Bobby has been..... And he has been ever so ****....... FOR SPURS

You are mixing up hate for him as a footballer to my hate for him as a person. He is a talented footballer when he can be bothered to be. But 90% of my vitriol towards Ade is because I truly believe he is not a good person which is shown in his actions nearly every week, and everything he does. I'm not going to list them, you can read the thread for them.

Regarding the Ade v Soldado issue. Fact is people that are nice people will always be seen in a better light and will get the benefit of the doubt. Its that simple, despite others wishing to bring other reasons.. colour, ex-Arsenal.. blah blah.

You are mixing up hate for him as a footballer to my hate for him as a person. He is a talented footballer when he can be bothered to be. But 90% of my vitriol towards Ade is because I truly believe he is not a good person which is shown in his actions nearly every week, and everything he does. I'm not going to list them, you can read the thread for them.

Regarding the Ade v Soldado issue. Fact is people that are nice people will always be seen in a better light and will get the benefit of the doubt. Its that simple, despite others wishing to bring other reasons.. colour, ex-Ar5ena1.. blah blah.

I am not disagreeing with most of that except the bolded bit about Ade and his Arse connections. I travel over the season with about 20 others ( all good lads) but they are a couple of them who have never given Ade a chance because he used to wear the red shirt. And during my travels I have met several other Spurs fans who feel the same way ( and they all did about Gallas as well), now I am not saying you are among that number but are you really telling me that you have never met Spurs fans at games who hold that against Ade?

Yes Park Lane there are.. I'm talking about me and the discussions we have on here.

I couldn't give a brick if they were ex Arsenal.. You will find a post me wanting to sign Van Persie in striker thread. But like you say, people jumped all over it. Saying that, his wages are stupid even in Turkey.

Yes Park Lane there are.. I'm talking about me and the discussions we have on here.

I couldn't give a ****e if they were ex Ar5ena1.. You will find a post me wanting to sign Van Persie in striker thread. But like you say, people jumped all over it. Saying that, his wages are stupid even in Turkey.

Fair enough, but it still stands that a few Spurs fans hated him from the off.

Just to be clear.. I place in the same bowl of bulllbrick... Ade, Ballotelli, Ashley Young, Terry, Suarez, Abramovich, Arab owners, Blatter and his Mafioso, Karen Brady oh and Martin Samuel from DM.

For me the football world would be better if they simply did not exist.

Just to be clear.. I place in the same bowl of bulllbrick... Ade, Ballotelli, Ashley Young, Terry, Suarez, Abramovich, Arab owners, Blatter and his Mafioso, Karen Brady oh and Martin Samuel from DM.

For me the football world would be better if they simply did not exist.

Wow so much hate from such a nice guy ;)

innocent1.gif

Back