• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

It's quite possible there's some side glancing going on between parties.

There's, on balance, probably some truth that we were happy to sell Richie this summer, and we also know that (tbh) a Saudi club was the only suitor available.

Richie not wanting to take his career in that direction is fair enough. But he is still left with the thought that 'they wanted to sell me' and furthermore 'they've spent £65m on someone in my position'. Psychologically not feeling wanted?

As a club, we probably wanted the money, so we could swell the transfer pot and push on with even more business before the window closed. It's fair to think we probably have our own concerns over Richie's injury record, that certainly feeds into rolling the dice with him.

He probably is injured...but little (no) reporting on what the problem might be. Plus Ange saying 'please stop asking me', although sensible as he'll say something when there's an update to give, but also feels like he doesn't want the subject broached.

Last edited:
All I’m concerned about is him getting back on the pitch which he seems unable to do for a consistent period of time. Personally I think it’s time to cut our losses as he’s too unreliable fitness wise.

Edit: obviously support him with his mental health as well, didn’t want it to come across that I don’t care if he’s struggling. My initial comment was about the speculation and I don’t care about it.

It's quite possible there's some side glancing going on between parties.

There's, on balance, probably some truth that we were happy to sell Richie this summer, and we also know that (tbh) a Saudi club was the only suitor available.

Richie not wanting to take his career in that direction is fair enough. But he is still left with the thought that 'they wanted to sell me' and furthermore 'they've spent £65m on someone in my position'. Psychologically not feeling wanted?

As a club, we probably wanted the money, so we could swell the transfer pot and push on with even more business before the window closed. It's fair to think we probably have our own concerns over Richie's injury record, that certainly feeds into rolling the dice with him.

He probably is injured...but little (no) reporting on what the problem might be. Plus Ange saying 'please stop asking me', although sensible as he'll say something when there's an update to give, but also feels like he doesn't want the subject broached.

Ange said he is injured, and quite some time away from training with squad, hence "don't ask me every presser because it's not a short term thing", not he doesn't want to talk about Richi.

Ange was also clear in summer that we never had any real intention of selling him (sure, if the Saudi offer was great and Richi was aligned, we would have, but likely would have also had to buy another CF and risk settling in two CFs).

The issue with Richi is simple at this point, he's got serious fitness issues, and unlike someone like GLC, he can't even get himself fit for the occasional national team match. As a club, I'd assume if he's unable to make himself available for a significant portion of this season, we would need to look at moving him on. He, to your point may also want to go somewhere where he could be first choice or at least have significant playing time.

Ange said he is injured, and quite some time away from training with squad, hence "don't ask me every presser because it's not a short term thing", not he doesn't want to talk about Richi.

Ange was also clear in summer that we never had any real intention of selling him (sure, if the Saudi offer was great and Richi was aligned, we would have, but likely would have also had to buy another CF and risk settling in two CFs).

The issue with Richi is simple at this point, he's got serious fitness issues, and unlike someone like GLC, he can't even get himself fit for the occasional national team match. As a club, I'd assume if he's unable to make himself available for a significant portion of this season, we would need to look at moving him on. He, to your point may also want to go somewhere where he could be first choice or at least have significant playing time.
Depends on the specific injury/prognosis. He never had issues prior to joining, so it could just be a fluke series, or something to do with our setup

I think Will Lankshear could have a say in what happens here. IF he continues to develop at the speed he has thus far then we could well move him on.

Back