• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Repetitive bickering and point scoring about money and our transfer policy

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Do you think Levy should be providing him with a squad capable of ousting the 4 clubs with turnovers and resources fat greater than ours?

i like him more now personally, dude looks at both sides and his posts leave me with little wiggle room to argue against him these days

i think my mood on here is somehow directly linked with how i get on with him

weird.

i even see KD agreeing with him...:eek:

May it be because now you are batting for the same team rather than against each other?

That'd be my guess ;)

Ok rephrase it to how you said it then - why is he taking that approach?

I don't know really - but I think it has a lot of merit for discussion and debate on here - as have the last 4670 posts proved. Enjoy hearing both sides of the debate.

Do you think our scouting / transfer ideology is absolutely optimal at this point in time?

Do you think Levy should be providing him with a squad capable of ousting the 4 clubs with turnovers and resources fat greater than ours?

If not - he should be setting his objectives lower?

Or finding unproven quality players who can prove the 'x-factor' and make a difference - even if they're sold for massive profits later on

May it be because now you are batting for the same team rather than against each other?

That'd be my guess ;)

not true actually , especially if you see why and when i gladly take pot shots at him

wait what team are we batting for now? i honestly dont even know what you are talking about LOL

Re: what has happened to the transfer section?

I have been a shareholder for years and used to get all the accounts with accurate financial info, but since the club was delisted in 2011 no-one knows anything about our finances now.

They are all published on the official spurs website..

No such thing - I'm just sick and tired of not being able to call someone out on a discussion board (!) and engage in a debate over their opinion (which they should be prepared to have challenged at any point by having chosen to post on an online forum) without being labelled confrontational. If we all agreed on everything - might as well have one massive 'Official Stuff Thread' and circle jerk over AVB's pics.

Personally I think 5th for him and that squad is the absolute minimum - i.e. he's done well - anything more - he's done exceptionally well

I don't understand, you want to debate Levy - you post something negative about him - someone who doesn't agree with that challenges it or vice versa

Isn't that the start of discussion/debate?

Seems anytime someone challenges it we get the "oh we can't speak badly of the chairman" on here type gonads. It seems to me some just want others to post in agreement rather than offer opposition

Seems anytime someone challenges it we get the "oh we can't speak badly of the chairman" on here type gonads. It seems to me some just want others to post in agreement rather than offer opposition

I have no idea how you came to that summary - but that is exactly what I meant. If you are not in agreement - 'confrontational'

Appears some don't 'allow' any questions towards Levy and must have a keyword-trigger software on their PC or something. Jimmy usually lands within 90 seconds of the first signs of 'trouble' :)

If not - he should be setting his objectives lower?

Or finding unproven quality players who can prove the 'x-factor' and make a difference - even if they're sold for massive profits later on

Now we no longer have a manager who is at odds with that kind of transfer policy then im sure that is what we will be seeing from us more consistently in the transfer market

I don't know really - but I think it has a lot of merit for discussion and debate on here - as have the last 4670 posts proved. Enjoy hearing both sides of the debate.

Do you think our scouting / transfer ideology is absolutely optimal at this point in time?

To be honest, I do. Nothing will ever be perfect I guess, but I just can't see a way to reconcile thinking we 'should' finish above Arsenal or Chelsea, with knowledge of their spending power. Over a season it is always likely to tell.

How exactly was it a winning team when they hadn't won the PL for 3-4 seasons and were shambles with interim managers, etc.?

Marginally above par for a manager's debut season in the PL who had NEVER managed there or could even speak English. Give it a break, jimmy

If Spurs finish 5th that would be a true representation of the tools he's been given. Anything more would indicate a great achievement as more than the sum of our parts

Take a look at Chelsea's form in the second half of the previous season. It was outstanding. Title winning form.

There can be no question that everything was there in the Chelsea set up for them to win titles - regardless of what had happened in the previous three years. You don't seriously dispute that Chelsea had the players, do you?

I'm pleased that you agree that 5th would represent what AVB ought to achieve. In which case, though, why the persistent comparison with what Ancelotti did at Chelsea?

I have no idea how you came to that summary - but that is exactly what I meant

Appears some don't 'allow' any questions towards Levy and must have a keyword-trigger software on their PC or something. Jimmy usually lands within 90 seconds of the first signs of 'trouble' :)

How does one not allow questions of Levy?

Very few people here are 'against Levy' as far as I can tell - we are simply discussing some of his approach methods towards certain aspects and most importantly - our transfer dealings

Hahaha! The hypocrisy!

How does one not allow questions of Levy?

Figure of speech - his cyber guardians automatically descend and begin listing all his good aspects, how we should be grateful, some PDFs with figures, etc.

As if we cannot EVER raise concerns about certain aspects

Figure of speech - his cyber guardians automatically descend and begin listing all his good aspects, how we should be grateful, some PDFs with figures, etc.

As if we cannot EVER raise concerns about certain aspects

It's called debate - you post reasons why you are critical, those who don't agree post their reasons why

Pretty standard discussion board behaviour, no?

Re: what has happened to the transfer section?

It's just strange how people with no intimate knowledge of the club's finances can make conclusive factual statements on what we can or cannot afford - none of us have a clue really

You've still not told me what you think is missing from those financial reports..

What is missing that stops people understanding the financial position of the club?

Sorry, but at which point did a say otherwise?

Their 'response' if anything shows the sensitivity to the issue of criticising the maan

Back