• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Refugees & Asylum Seekers Informational

I was impressed with the Curry and then a Kebab TBF haha. But his story about the jobs is one my old man mentioned so much growing up, horrific levels of racism which is showing itself again. Like I say if it wasn't the Muslims then it would be others again IMO

I grew up near Birmingham in the 60s and 70s. Racism was open and endemic. Racism hid itself for a while, but Brexit and its consequences have empowered racists to come out into the open again.

Loads of people say that we can't have a serious conversation on immigration and asylum and till we can do that we can't move on and debate things. That's not me whistling.

So I git sent a video about the sheer numbers living in poverty in the world. I thought it was interesting, the idea that you help people in their own country to rise standards. Also felt that it made a good point about it is also unfair on the millions who can't migrate but are stuck in poverty in the country they are born in.

Rising standards globally would be a noble aim I would have thought. I certainly agree on companies paying tax.

Accusing me of 'whistling again' feels like a level of animosity that makes me wonder whether your prepared to have a grown up debate/discussion on these issues or just come in swinging. Its funny to me that the ones that raise concerns with the level of claims or immigration and the pressure on public services will often be the ones to say we need a mature discussion but come out with thinly veiled anger when someone does just that.

You see steff I can discuss it from my view point rather dispassionately these days as I no where near care enough so rather look at solutions.

For the record the reported move by Rayner to reverse the relatively new policy of new arrivals not being allowed to claim for social housing, is in my view likely to Stoke more anger in those communities where we saw the riots and protests of the last few weeks. That does not effect me, we have no mortgage on our house or the flat we rent out.

It feels like it infuriates some of you from your posts that someone dares to think differently from you. Despite if opinion polls are to be believed that an awful lot of the general public have the same concerns in the UK. Despite like me also agreeing those concerns should never be acted on with violence.

But because I have a difference of opinion you go ahead and accuse me of 'whistling again'

You get accused of dog whistling because you dog whistle. All of the "I am just asking questions" and "this is interesting" stuff fools nobody. Attributing the UK's problems to migrants is absurd. The evidence of the real causes of the UK's problems is there for you to investigate, but you prefer to focus on immigration. Most people are tolerant of everything except intolerance. Nobody is obliged to respect ideas and opinions which are not respectable.

Right before I start I got to say I'm pretty funking high right now and not trying to offend anyone.

Read today that more people died crossing the Channel including a pregnant woman. I'm thinking about that woman,her last thoughts as she drowned, wanting to protect her unborn child. Its terrible how can you not feel sad about it. It makes me sad I feel sick genuinely do.

Think about my wife when she was pregnant with Tom and it makes me actually sick.

Some on her I think, think that I'm a nutter and hate immigration. I'm not, think we actually should take asylum seekers, numbers is the issue.

But we got people drowning, could be me or you. Think about it actually sit and think about it. Its sickening, no more people need to drown we need to stop the people dying.

I like Starmer he is a decent guy and they made an ok start. I want to see action, I want to know what he is going to do.

Right before I start I got to say I'm pretty funking high right now and not trying to offend anyone.

Read today that more people died crossing the Channel including a pregnant woman. I'm thinking about that woman,her last thoughts as she drowned, wanting to protect her unborn child. Its terrible how can you not feel sad about it. It makes me sad I feel sick genuinely do.

Think about my wife when she was pregnant with Tom and it makes me actually sick.

Some on her I think, think that I'm a nutter and hate immigration. I'm not, think we actually should take asylum seekers, numbers is the issue.

But we got people drowning, could be me or you. Think about it actually sit and think about it. Its sickening, no more people need to drown we need to stop the people dying.

I like Starmer he is a decent guy and they made an ok start. I want to see action, I want to know what he is going to do.

There is nothing anyone can do to stop illegal immigration, criminals running these operations have an unlimited customer base and the cost of stopping their business is too high for most governments to implement effectively.

If this don't cheer you up in the gloom then you are dead from the neck up

That was f**king brilliant. Every single word was brilliantly articulated and not what I was expecting to be honest when he introduced himself (which means I should probably get some of my prejudices in check).

It's ugly over here too - there's a sizable nasty undercurrent on this stuff that's gaining momentum.

There is nothing anyone can do to stop illegal immigration, criminals running these operations have an unlimited customer base and the cost of stopping their business is too high for most governments to implement effectively.
They are pretty large boats to be moving onto the beaches, with sizeable numbers of usually dark skinned people who would gave to be around in numbers. No way of using investigative powers to try and detect when it was going to happen.

Possibly larger navy boats stopping them from entering British waters illegally.

Think people should just be honest and admit they for their own political reasons want it to continue, thats fine if its your view. But you have to accept people will die because of it.

They are pretty large boats to be moving onto the beaches, with sizeable numbers of usually dark skinned people who would gave to be around in numbers. No way of using investigative powers to try and detect when it was going to happen.

Possibly larger navy boats stopping them from entering British waters illegally.

Think people should just be honest and admit they for their own political reasons want it to continue, thats fine if its your view. But you have to accept people will die because of it.
You’re going to need a hell of a lot of navy boats and personnel to police the British coastline; and the situation, and the numbers, are only going to move in one direction (not just for us, but for many countries around the world) as the climate emergency worsens.

You’re going to need a hell of a lot of navy boats and personnel to police the British coastline; and the situation, and the numbers, are only going to move in one direction (not just for us, but for many countries around the world) as the climate emergency worsens.
Well let's face it, they are coming across the shortest route. So with drones and fast reacting boats. Not really.

Then people would not be drowning.

Equally, I think people should be honest and admit that for their own political reasons they are not interested in legtimate solutions which allow a civilized route to asylum seekers which does not dehumanize or endanger them as they make their way from situations which -in many cases- have been ignited by initial western interference...

...glad to see some concern for the horrific lives and deaths these people endure.

...here's another story well worth reading. @Danishfurniturelover , it really isn't as simple as saying 'stop the boats coming and save lives' mate...

https://www.politico.eu/article/cal...-english-channel-cross-united-kingdom-france/
Only read the first few lines.

My point would be that the British and the French are not really trying to stop it. As much as the far right might be motivated by a hatred of foreigners.

The current situation is leading to people losing their lives, for some reason it is actually being used as a political football by the French and the far left. Which means that people like the one in the case study in the article that you linked that I could not be bothered to read will be put at risk.

For me it is as simple as the water companies pumping sewage into the rivers and seas. The government should be doing windfall taxes on them to clean up their act.

Illegal entry into the country would be quite straightforward to stop. The tories did not want to do it because they were scared as being seen as right wing. Yet their detractors would always see them as so.

Starmer has the chance to show he really cares.

Lots of the issues facing this country are simple actually.

My point would be that the British and the French are not really trying to stop it. As much as the far right might be motivated by a hatred of foreigners.

The current situation is leading to people losing their lives, for some reason it is actually being used as a political football by the French and the far left. Which means that people like the one in the case study in the article that you linked that I could not be bothered to read will be put at risk.

For me it is as simple as the water companies pumping sewage into the rivers and seas. The government should be doing windfall taxes on them to clean up their act.

Illegal entry into the country would be quite straightforward to stop. The tories did not want to do it because they were scared as being seen as right wing. Yet their detractors would always see them as so.

Regardless of your viewpoint mate, I can only implore you to read more/push beyond the first few lines of stories on these things...

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

The tories did not want to do it because they were scared as being seen as right wing.
And yet they were happy to export human beings to a potentially unsafe foreign country, attempting to contravene international law while doing so.

Being seen as extremely right wing didn’t seem to worry them there.

Regardless of your viewpoint mate, I can only implore you to read more/push beyond the first few lines of stories on these things...
Nope the source you quoted from is well known as being heavily biased.

If something is heavily biased(massively pro the EU) I'm going to do what others do and belittle anything that comes from that source.

And yet they were happy to export human beings to a potentially unsafe foreign country, attempting to contravene international law while doing so.

Being seen as extremely right wing didn’t seem to worry them there.
Rwanda?

They would have been safe there, safer then drowning thats for sure.

Reports coming out of France that the French are looking at who hired two buses to take them to the coast. So its almost like you know they don't just suddenly rock up at the beach with a boat.

I find it odd that the so called care agencies, the refugee support charities in and around Calais are not considered culpable as well. If I were them I would not be able to sleep at night, knowing my actions assisted people going to their deaths.

I guess people dying is OK if you get to feel superior to the right wing scum.

Rwanda?

They would have been safe there, safer then drowning thats for sure.

Reports coming out of France that the French are looking at who hired two buses to take them to the coast. So its almost like you know they don't just suddenly rock up at the beach with a boat.

I find it odd that the so called care agencies, the refugee support charities in and around Calais are not considered culpable as well. If I were them I would not be able to sleep at night, knowing my actions assisted people going to their deaths.

I guess people dying is OK if you get to feel superior to the right wing scum.

Those deported to Rwanda would have already arrived in the UK via boats, coupled with Rwanda being legally declared as an unsafe place despite our government at the time trying to declare it otherwise. Apart from those two key points you've really nailed the bolded sentence alongside the rest of the post - It doesn't seem deranged at all and I think there's a lot to be said for proudly displaying ignorance and missing the point of any salient information sent your way.

With the the last sentence it's as if you have reinvented the tinkleweak strawman, I'm not sure if you've ever actually engaged with someone you're in a disagreement with, you can pull an absurd argument nobody has said out of your arse to paint some moral failings of hypothetical folks but it doesn't make the tired old routine interesting. I do wonder if people put up with it in real life but it's none of my business I suppose.

Back