• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Refugees & Asylum Seekers Informational

Some extra points. The European Convention on Human Rights to a large extent reflects concepts developed by English common law. The ECHR was drafted in the ruins of Europe in the late 1940s, by people determined that what had just happened would not happen again. Delegates at the drafting meetings included resistance fighters and survivors of concentration camps.

Much of the drafting was led by David Maxwell-Fyfe KC, a British Tory lawyer-politician. He had prosecuted at Nuremberg. he was later Home Secretary and Lord Chancellor.

The ECtHR has a Judge from the UK, and from each other member state of the Council of Europe (not the same thing as the EU). Only Russia and Belarus have withdrawn from the ECHR.

The UK wins most of its cases in the ECtHR.

I think some are just anxious because some things get covered up, like the Rotherham grooming gangs and the closed courts around that and allegedly similar incidents.

Agree the empire was wrong and I would not defend it. But I know people who are concerned when they hear certain religions say that they want their laws to come and they should be subject to those laws and not the general UK ones. I don't have those links but have heard that over the years.

Britain is no where near perfect but our laws have got us to a fairly good place. Homesexuals are not generally persecuted and women have equal rights. It does not seem that way for some sections of our society though. So I can understand the concern some then have that the fabric of our liberal society is changing for the worse. From arranged marriage to the discrimination of gay people etc.

Im fairly relaxed by it all and no where near as political active as I was. But I can say that I feel the vibe is similar to around 2007/8 when UKIP started making inroads.

Think the will be something big in the future that shocks people politically unless more is done to integrate all in our country. Im talking 10 years time and I will almost certainly be dead by then.

Would like to hope the country left behind for my son is still the just and free country it is now, I know some like to talk down Britain but I would hate our freedom's to dissappear.
Ther were no closed Courts.

When ever you see one of the racists on the TV or social media you end up with "we don't mind people coming here working" then low and behold you see an Asian family man on the news who had to barricade himself in a shop in order to protect his family till 4 fnking AM. SO much for respecting those that come here and work, more like "there is a bloke with a brown face, its his fault"

Yeah but he didn’t come here, did he ;)
Mind you if he did he wouldn’t have needed a small boat. He could have just walked across the Channel.
He didn't, but isn't there a legend that his dad came (Joseph, not GHod) to Cornwall or Devon?
So that would him a small boat immigrant and an absent father.

He didn't, but isn't there a legend that his dad came (Joseph, not GHod) to Cornwall or Devon?
So that would him a small boat immigrant and an absent father.

Wrong Joseph. Not Joseph the carpenter. Joseph of Arimathea, a rich bloke who paid for Jesus to be buried*, is alleged to have visited Britain and left the Holy Grail lying around somewhere.

*The Gospels do not say whether Joseph got his money back.

When ever you see one of the racists on the TV or social media you end up with "we don't mind people coming here working" then low and behold you see an Asian family man on the news who had to barricade himself in a shop in order to protect his family till 4 fnking AM. SO much for respecting those that come here and work, more like "there is a bloke with a brown face, its his fault"

Also, you don't see all the blonde white nurses being accused of being mass-murderers or all the white male newsreaders being accused of being nonces. But if one migrant commits a crime, every migrant gets the blame.

I think some are just anxious because some things get covered up, like the Rotherham grooming gangs and the closed courts around that and allegedly similar incidents.

Agree the empire was wrong and I would not defend it. But I know people who are concerned when they hear certain religions say that they want their laws to come and they should be subject to those laws and not the general UK ones. I don't have those links but have heard that over the years.

Britain is no where near perfect but our laws have got us to a fairly good place. Homesexuals are not generally persecuted and women have equal rights. It does not seem that way for some sections of our society though. So I can understand the concern some then have that the fabric of our liberal society is changing for the worse. From arranged marriage to the discrimination of gay people etc.

Im fairly relaxed by it all and no where near as political active as I was. But I can say that I feel the vibe is similar to around 2007/8 when UKIP started making inroads.

Think the will be something big in the future that shocks people politically unless more is done to integrate all in our country. Im talking 10 years time and I will almost certainly be dead by then.

Would like to hope the country left behind for my son is still the just and free country it is now, I know some like to talk down Britain but I would hate our freedom's to dissappear.

Read this and then tell me grooming gangs are brown people who come on boats or a men issue?

And Huw Edwards is not my cousin from Bradford, he is one of yours Chich, can I curb the freedoms of the rest of your type?

And the Catholic Church which operated a global grooming programme and cover up, beyond anything the worlds seen and rumours are families and communities were complicit under the pressure of Catholic religion because they respected priests more than their own kids.

People have short memories.

The idea you respect the dead by attacking innocent people in Southport because of weak ass associations and pigeon holed thoughts, its just ridiculous

In trials involving children, the identities of the children are protected from disclosure, but criminal trials take place in public.
Im furious that my wife has fibbed to me, though not surprised. Her puddings recently have been a cry for help.

If her most recent attempt at a sticky toffee pudding is anything to go by she is obviously feeling stressed or something.

She does not usually lie about her work stuff though.

And Huw Edwards is not my cousin from Bradford, he is one of yours Chich, can I curb the freedoms of the rest of your type?
I would have absolutely no issues if I were a news reader or in any sort of position of power being closely scrutinised (people in power often abuse it)

I did see in the other thread, sick sick world,that a lot of child abuse is caused by white men. I have no issues with getting offended when people say that.

Seems the is an issue in that regard. Honestly in the last two days I posted that very comment, im white and male, got no issues people saying I'm more likely to be an abuser, because I'm not and would let anyone look through my laptop.

Edwards needs to go to prison for a long time, disgusting man.

I would have absolutely no issues if I were a news reader or in any sort of position of power being closely scrutinised (people in power often abuse it)

I did see in the other thread, sick sick world,that a lot of child abuse is caused by white men. I have no issues with getting offended when people say that.

Seems the is an issue in that regard. Honestly in the last two days I posted that very comment, im white and male, got no issues people saying I'm more likely to be an abuser, because I'm not and would let anyone look through my laptop.

Edwards needs to go to prison for a long time, disgusting man.

Dude the stuff about Pakistani men being groomers is far right basics. The idea that it's men who are effed is hardly accepted. It's not about white or brown. It's about men (and occasionally women) and power and perversion.

The moment people with tiny brains can see this is when we can start to try and heal society.

Back