• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Radu Drăgușin

Until recently, I just couldn't see this being an option. Romero, to me, is just too talented to drop...the more I see, the more I think it might be worth a shot. It still feels a bit mad but I would be okay with Ange doing it.

I rate Romero very highly to be honest [ but like all players he will make mistakes] Dragusin did play well for sure. I said during the summer that we lacked a player who can play the DM role and i suggested Romero in that role if we could not bring one in. Seeing how well Dragusin did yesterday and how badly we do need a player who could be a option to strengthen our CM we could do worse once VDV is fit to do just that.

I know some will disagree but our CM is so porus and we lack anyone from our other options to solve that problem.

I rate Romero very highly to be honest [ but like all players he will make mistakes] Dragusin did play well for sure. I said during the summer that we lacked a player who can play the DM role and i suggested Romero in that role if we could not bring one in. Seeing how well Dragusin did yesterday and how badly we do need a player who could be a option to strengthen our CM we could do worse once VDV is fit to do just that.

I know some will disagree but our CM is so porus and we lack anyone from our other options to solve that problem.
It's an interesting suggestion. I'd dismissed Romero at CDM as an option as I have him firmly pegged as a CB but, again, it might be worth a shot. That position does require a lot of discipline though. Do you think he could do it?

It's an interesting suggestion. I'd dismissed Romero at CDM as an option as I have him firmly pegged as a CB but, again, it might be worth a shot. That position does require a lot of discipline though. Do you think he could do it?
Would depend who else you play in midfield with him
It seems, as a fan, a viable option
But would it be with him and 2 attacking mids or him with another DM

Well i would like to see him given a chance to because i.m.o we have several good players in CM but they are much of a muchness in their strengths and we always seem to be run through the centre on far to many occasions. We need to have a player who has a defensive mindset to play in CM and i do not think our other options are strong in that skill.

Now he may not be able too but we are so wide open on far to many occasions when the opposistion run at us through there.

I'm beginning to look at him as the typical spurs hero of the last 30 years, looks great but ultimately limited.
He's heading up there with the likes of Ginola, Dembele, Eriksen, got the talent but doesn't have that extra something modric, bale and Harry has.
Two of these as our CBs and I think we're fine. We don't need world class in every position.

Well i would like to see him given a chance to because i.m.o we have several good players in CM but they are much of a muchness in their strengths and we always seem to be run through the centre on far to many occasions. We need to have a player who has a defensive mindset to play in CM and i do not think our other options are strong in that skill.

Now he may not be able too but we are so wide open on far to many occasions when the opposistion run at us through there.
I’m actually beginning to come round to this. Initially I wanted him kept at CB, not because of his defending but he’s so crucial to how we play out from the back. But actually he can still do that as a DM, just drop in between the 2 CBs.

Of course the downside is he’s inexperienced in the role but we’ll have the upside of having 2 CBs that are more consistent defenders

I’m actually beginning to come round to this. Initially I wanted him kept at CB, not because of his defending but he’s so crucial to how we play out from the back. But actually he can still do that as a DM, just drop in between the 2 CBs.

Of course the downside is he’s inexperienced in the role but we’ll have the upside of having 2 CBs that are more consistent defenders

Its worth a try at least, our other C/Ms are not good enough to play as a DM as they all want to push forward and where their strengths lay . I have said before Bissouma is too hit and miss for me so that leaves Sarr and he is still really learning the game.

Its worth a try at least, our other C/Ms are not good enough to play as a DM as they all want to push forward and where their strengths lay . I have said before Bissouma is too hit and miss for me so that leaves Sarr and he is still really learning the game.
I really think Gray is best suited to DM. I know he needs time to get used to the PL so I'm ok with taking things slowly, but I do really think he could be great in that role.'

edit: I'm ok with experimenting with Romero in DM too, I think he'd actually do fine with the extra freedom.

I really think Gray is best suited to DM. I know he needs time to get used to the PL so I'm ok with taking things slowly, but I do really think he could be great in that role.'

edit: I'm ok with experimenting with Romero in DM too, I think he'd actually do fine with the extra freedom.

I can't dance about Gray, but as you say we have to give him some time to settle and grow into Prem game. Romero may not be the answer full time there but we have to fill that hole in our CM. imo

Back