• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

Very dull half. Our midfield not able to take control.

Huh? We are in total control, that is why it is dull. They won't dare come out and play football, they are just sitting back.

Eriksen finally shows his class, that is a beautiful finish.

really? except for CB, i'm happy to go with what we have. but i'm happy for us challenging for 4th nothing more. this is afterall a(nother) transitional season.

Think how many times we failed to convert chances last year, even after Ade came back. Soldado's link up play was good but his goal scoring/chance taking was poor. Kane is good but not top class. Ade is inconsistent. I think we need better forward options. We tried numerous options out left and none looked really natural. And we haven't had play maker since Modric left and have suffered as result. Essentially we are relying on Poch to make the difference - which is a tough ask. But we still may get a striker and a playmaker in.

Huh? We are in total control, that is why it is dull. They won't dare come out and play football, they are just sitting back.

Eriksen finally shows his class, that is a beautiful finish.

True. We're looking more joined up now. Looked a bit scrappy - bunch of individuals - for the first 15, but now playing well. Celtic doing nothing but sitting back as you say.

I'm happy that he's stopped that stupid walk up for the penalty. I'll never forget that walk up against Basle... :(

We are in stoppage time and I have no idea which of our keepers played the second half as they haven't touched it! Celtic reserves have been awful

Excellent stuff ! Very encouraging display. Good closing down of the opposition in their own half, most impressive. Nice inter-changing of passes and some really good movement up front.

Now off to watch those Pikey's against Schalke on the "Quest" channel.

Think how many times we failed to convert chances last year, even after Ade came back. Soldado's link up play was good but his goal scoring/chance taking was poor. Kane is good but not top class. Ade is inconsistent. I think we need better forward options. We tried numerous options out left and none looked really natural. And we haven't had play maker since Modric left and have suffered as result. Essentially we are relying on Poch to make the difference - which is a tough ask. But we still may get a striker and a playmaker in.

I can see what you mean about Soldado and Adebayor missing shedloads of chances, I wish they were more ruthless.

But Eriksen and Lamela are our playmakers (well, they are the key players that will make us tick and fashion chances)

And we don't need a left winger in this 4231 formation, the 3 behind the striker interchange and the left back stays wide

Back