• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

-----------Ade-----------
Lennon---Eriksen---Lamela
----Bentaleb--Capoue----
Rose--Fryers--Kaboul--Naughton

With all these half time changes with one game to go how do they get 90 min match fit?

With all these half time changes with one game to go how do they get 90 min match fit?

Appreciate everyone's concerns about fitness, but I think there will be a lot of clubs in a similar position this season due to the World Cup.

Would've liked us to have played some better opposition though. The Sounders weren't too bad to be fair.

-----------Ade-----------
Lennon---Eriksen---Lamela
----Bentaleb--Capoue----
Rose--Fryers--Kaboul--Naughton

Eriksen was on the right with Lamela central during the US tour which was interesting, have they swapped back now?

Also this commentator can't get his words out takes him ages to finish a sentence with massive gaps

I do have a feeling that this summers pre season has been a bit 'meh'. Although I appreciate that it was hindered by the world cup and those players playing at the world cup. Lets be honest it will only take em a game or two to get them back match fit after only a couple of weeks off.

I thought we might see a team looking more like a starting 11. But I guess the WC players are not ready.

Encouraging signs - some fluid passing first half. But passing is not always as good as it should be and our closing down likewise.

Hopefully next game we see something like a first team. You'd think Hotlby, Capoue, Ade, Eriksen and Lloris would be starters, the rest....no idea.

Took a deflection but Lamela is certainly looking confident at the moment. I really believe that we'll see a lot from him this season.

We are certainly looking a lot less incisive this half. Then again I think Celtic are sitting was more deeper

Took a deflection but Lamela is certainly looking confident at the moment. I really believe that we'll see a lot from him this season.

His confidence should be up at least. As a 22 year old, new to the PL, he needs to be feeling confident. He's still developing his skills.

I think you could forgive any Spurs fan for trying to see the best in Lamela. But even taking that into account, and even taking the quality of the opposition into account, he has looked like a damn fine player this pre-season.

The hardest part of the Spurs job - where our last managers failed - is identifying a first 11 from a lot of similar players and sticking with them.

I'm not sure Poch has had a chance to do that yet. Bar Ade, Eriksen, Lloris and Verts we're a collection of players that have great promise but have yet to really establish themselves. To stamp themselves on games and stake that 'first name on the team sheet' status. You need that to build confidence and grow. The hardest part of the Spurs job right now is settling on team and getting them to grow. Just too many options. At least this 25 man rule will help to some degree.

Erik Lamela now has three goals in four games under Mauricio Pochettino.
Soldado has 2 goals and 3 assists in 4 games.

big year for both

Back