• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

Lloris, Walker and Vertonghen instantly improve our defence. Add Davies too. New centre half.

Our attacking play at times look good. Eriksen, Dembele etc will be highlights wih Lamela getting used to it all.

Good work out i thought. Interesting early thoughts. Poch using Lamela centrally. Keen to see how he is used when Eriksen plays

really excited after watching ceballos and falque..... didnt think much of falque before but i think he can thrive under someone like poch

I really liked some of the slick one touch passing across the deck in the opening 15 minutes of the second half, we really looked capable of cutting through the opposition with our quick vertical passing. Ceballos was probably the pick of the players during this spell of play, with Lamela playing a couple of balls back when he had the oppurtunity to turn and go. Still it was great to watch. We kind of lost the midfield once Capoue and Holtby left the field.

Holtby is like the duracell bunny and he was tireless out there, worked really well going forward and back. As a whole I think our pressing game is looking good, with most of the front players working well as a unit. Rose was probably our best player of the first half, which is funny, given how we may now have competition for him there. Fryers looked better at CB than at LB. Fredericks is lightning, good on the attack but looked a bit of a liability when under pressure. Naughton was caught ball watching a few times.

I think we left too much space in front of the defence at times but that can be ironed out. All in all some encouraging signs.

I liked that we passed the ball well at times and did so at speed. Defensively, we'll need a settled back 5 and a well drilled team -- we're a few games away from that I suppose.

The youngsters did well. All in all, we can tell very little from pre-season games, we just have to hope that Poch and the boys get what they need from them. That Ramos pre-season has made me very dismissive of results/performances in friendly games.

I liked that we passed the ball well at times and did so at speed. Defensively, we'll need a settled back 5 and a well drilled team -- we're a few games away from that I suppose.

The youngsters did well. All in all, we can tell very little from pre-season games, we just have to hope that Poch and the boys get what they need from them. That Ramos pre-season has made me very dismissive of results/performances in friendly games.

yeah that was one of the more noticeable things tonight.... we really tried to play with purpose and once ceballos falque etc came on there was some very fluid moves

yeah that was one of the more noticeable things tonight.... we really tried to play with purpose and once ceballos falque etc came on there was some very fluid moves

It was noticeable how much more of a threat Soldado looked in that style of play too.

The penalty he won was a case in point running onto the kind of pass he thrived on at Valencia he cleverly got himself between the defender and ball and forced the mistake. He probably got a pass like that once or twice all last season

Anyone know if there's a link to lasts nights game?

Sounds encouraging. What was our formation?

Friedel
Naughton Dawson Fryers Rose
Capoue Carroll
Holtby Townsend Lennon
Kane​

The three behind Kane were quite fluid though so never really stuck to a position.

Friedel
Fredericks Kaboul Veljkovic Fryers
Mason Carroll
Lamela Ceballos Falque
Soldado​

Again the three behind were fluid so hard to pin point them to one position. No one particularly stood out, Ceballos and Falque were encouraging when they came on. Dawson stood out but for the wrong reason ...

Cheers. I don't envy Poch in trying to choose a first 11 and even backup 11. Found some highlights and Caballos and Falque looked to be creating problems.

Highlights.

Back