• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

I agree with the poster who said this is a good run-out for the players, as Seattle are going after us pretty well.

Lucky not to be a few goals down after that half. We started quite well, passed the ball around nicely, but after our goal it has been all Seattle. Understandable though as they are mid-season and this is our first-preseason match. I was impressed by their quick combination play around our box, even if our defending was than impressive. Dawson and Fryers shocking. Capoue also lookign vay off the pace. I give Holtby and Kane okay, perhaps also Carroll, although he also got worse as the half wore on.

The most interesting thing was perhaps the decision of playing Holtby on the right, Townsend centrally and Lennon on the left. Is that a sign of what is in store under Pochettino? It looked a bit AVB-esque to me and made little sense to me.

Someone mentioned Microsoft could be in the frame for our stadium... Hmmm... The X-Box?

It annoys me that the Seattle team have 'Xbox' on their shirts. It's not a company. It would be like us having IPad on our shirts. It's cringeworthy.

Agree with Mumorn, Naughton has been caught napping a couple of times, luckily Sounders haven't made the most of it. Hard to make much of the game overall as my feed is laggy as ****

It annoys me that the Seattle team have 'Xbox' on their shirts. It's not a company. It would be like us having IPad on our shirts. It's cringeworthy.

errr we did the same when we had Aurasma on our shirts!!! (its a product of Autonomy, which is owned by HP)

That's a fairly inexplicable view. It's a brand, what's odd about advertising it?

What's the problem with it? Its advertising microsofts product. It's a brand. It's promotion for a product that sells. Xbox division in Microsoft probably pay for the sponsor, if not Microsoft clearly want to advertise it

I'm not a Dawson apologist but I wonder how much of his flat-footedness is to do with his mobility and the bounce of the artificial surface (more prominent when you are a CB or the last man)?

Holtby and Friedel have been our best and I'd like to see more from Andros and Azza.

It is our first friendly and there isn't anything new here to surprise me.

Did he start in that shocking start against Young Boys on the artificial surface in Berne!?

Just looked and indeed he did..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8918259.stm

Back