• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

I'm glad we're making mistakes at the back in particular. Shows Poch very quickly what he needs to address. Was our Achilles heel last season.

Capoue is pretty tidy. Useful half for that. Good exercise. Most of our problems caused by ourselves. No change there

no, if they are having problems defending they should stay back

They are staying back, that's the problem (in an attacking sense). They need to get up the pitch when we have the ball and provide an outlet when the play gets congested in the middle.

In any case, our defensive problems are coming through the middle in my opinion; poor centre half performances with very average protection provided infront of them.

I'm not a Dawson apologist but I wonder how much of his flat-footedness is to do with his mobility and the bounce of the artificial surface (more prominent when you are a CB or the last man)?

Holtby and Friedel have been our best and I'd like to see more from Andros and Azza.

It is our first friendly and there isn't anything new here to surprise me.

Quite a few cobwebs still need to be blown away but overall, not a bad half from Spurs.

Holtby took his goal very well and Danny Rose has looked very good.

We are trying to play quick 1 touch football and playing in triangles which is refreshing. Also playing it out more from the back which will lead to mistakes but that is what pre season is for after all.

Back