• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predictions for new season

Here's my prediction:

Leicester and Everton to be relegated
Ibra to score no more than 8 goals
Villa to be relegated again
Chel53a to concede fewest goals since PL began
City to finish outside top 4

Here's my prediction:

Chel53a to concede fewest goals since PL began, and still get relegated

Would be ok, though I have fixed it for you to make it even better.

Here's my prediction:

Chel53a to concede fewest goals since PL began

with Zlatan you mean in a single game right?

I think United might be the team to set the D record, they were on track for that last season for a while

I really don't care about the Arsenal part of the scenario- the performance was a game changer for me with Poch.

He now has much to prove to 'me' this season, loved what he did last season BUT the month of May sent a seismic shock through my perceptions of the current Spurs setup!

It's why I said "top half" for next season!
Geez, you would have thought we finished 9th last season. o_O

Geez, you would have thought we finished 9th last season. o_O

Another month of that end of season form and we might well have finished 9th!
A 5-1 defeat against a 'relegated' '10 man' 'Saudi Sportswashing Machine' side. Disgraceful!

Another month of that end of season form and we might well have finished 9th!
A 5-1 defeat against a 'relegated' '10 man' 'Saudi Sportswashing Machine' side. Disgraceful!
You remind me of Trump's speech at the RNC. Taking isolated incidents and portraying doom and gloom like the country was in chaos. Relax chief. The letdown of the last 2.5 games was because the title was lost and the players were tired. Happens to the most elite of teams.

You remind me of Trump's speech at the RNC. Taking isolated incidents and portraying doom and gloom like the country was in chaos. Relax chief. The letdown of the last 2.5 games was because the title was lost and the players were tired. Happens to the most elite of teams.

I agree to a point but the biggest minus point was the game against Chelski, the players lost it and whatever shape and control they had in team shape went. I said at the time that unless Poch kicked some arse our season could have ended badly and its what happened, the worst thing is there were a few fans who were proud of them in that game and how " they gave it to chelski".

There is nothing wrong with controlled aggression but they lost it and became a rabble.

I agree to a point but the biggest minus point was the game against Chelski, the players lost it and whatever shape and control they had in team shape went. I said at the time that unless Poch kicked some arse our season could have ended badly and its what happened, the worst thing is there were a few fans who were proud of them in that game and how " they gave it to chelski".

There is nothing wrong with controlled aggression but they lost it and became a rabble.
That was the point we mathematically lost the title and our self control, and to be honest we never got it back after that. The title was probably a step too far for us last season and the in real crunch matches we came up short. I believe that if we had beaten Chelsea then we would have 'lost the title' some other way soon after that. Those critical losses, including the Chelsea match, can be added to our growing collection of painful learning experiences for the season which hopefully will stand to the team someday (or maybe not).

Like you that loss to Chelsea bothers me for the lack of self control on display rather than the result, but the subsequent matches bother me quite a lot more. In a strange way I can understand what happened in the Chelsea match but not condone it at the same time. The greater tragedy was the matches that followed. We lost cohesion, system, desire and application in all of those subsequent matches. That finish really hurt Poch as much as the fans. Finishing 2nd or 3rd doesn't really matter a lot in the grand scheme of things but it was the nature of the capitulation which sent the faithful into a frenzy and will haunt the management all summer.

Yep I'm not over it.

That was the point we mathematically lost the title and our self control, and to be honest we never got it back after that. The title was probably a step too far for us last season and the in real crunch matches we came up short. I believe that if we had beaten Chelsea then we would have 'lost the title' some other way soon after that. Those critical losses, including the Chelsea match, can be added to our growing collection of painful learning experiences for the season which hopefully will stand to the team someday (or maybe not).

Like you that loss to Chelsea bothers me for the lack of self control on display rather than the result, but the subsequent matches bother me quite a lot more. In a strange way I can understand what happened in the Chelsea match but not condone it at the same time. The greater tragedy was the matches that followed. We lost cohesion, system, desire and application in all of those subsequent matches. That finish really hurt Poch as much as the fans. Finishing 2nd or 3rd doesn't really matter a lot in the grand scheme of things but it was the nature of the capitulation which sent the faithful into a frenzy and will haunt the management all summer.

Yep I'm not over it.
I believe if we had beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine no one would have been talking about this collapse. But Saudi Sportswashing Machine was one game. One bloody game ffs. And the timing of it didn't help either. If it was the middle of the season, again no one would be talking about a collapse the way they are now.

Perspective, people! Last year's team was bloody good. And it's only going to get better this season.

Hope that makes you feel better!
Most elite teams:) Who?

That month was a disaster, we lost the plot at Chelsea and looked like a rabble.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine must of scared Poch brickless, after everybody put in such a good performances that season.

Last edited:

Yep I'm not over it.

I can't dance with the gist of that at all, as for losing the title well i said many times last season that i did not think overall we were good enough to win the title ( and took some stick on here for saying so). What concerned me is not that we finished third but the way we completely lost our focus in the Chelski game and by doing so lost out gameplan and the players their focus on what they needed to do.

You point about " losing our cohesion, system, desire and application in all of those subsequent matches" was spot on but imo that was because we lost the plot against Chelski and were a rabble and not a TEAM for the remaining games. I hope both Poch and the players have learnt from this ( and i hope the fans who were praising our players for " giving it to Chelski" have as well). I guess we will soon find out, as for the disappointment the players must have felt after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game was a lesson and that they strive to make sure it never happens again.

I do and always have believed that we/they/us can not really become winners until we have first been losers and you have to suffer disappointment to really strive for success, and i hope this bunch of players are the same ( i am sure/hope they are).

1. Emirates Marketing Project
2. Man U
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
7. West Ham
8. Leicester

I'm being optimistic about us considering we have a settled team/squad with an added year of experience. If we don't finish third I expect us to scrape Top 4. Arse will always be there, and although the Manchester clubs are a bit of an unknown entity considering new managers and possible squad overhaul, I think the quality of Pep and Mourinho will take them over the line. I think Chelsea will challenge but feel it's quite a step from finishing mid-table to getting back into the CL places.

Liverpool worry me, I think if they click they will be very strong, but I'm hoping they'll still be inconsistent and don't necessarily have the squad depth or quality to sustain a Top 4 challenge. I'm hoping the new stadium doesn't give the Spammers a big lift, again I think they lack consistency so will maybe start strong then fall away. Leicester I feel can finish anywhere between 5th and 10th. I don't expect them to challenge for Top 4 despite being defending champions. Kante is a BIG loss and possibly losing Mahrez now as well.

Hope that makes you feel better!
Most elite teams:) Who?

That month was a disaster, we lost the plot at Chelsea and looked like a rabble.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine must of scared Poch brickless, after everybody put in such a good performances that season.
Barca a month before the end of last season and Juventus at the beginning of their season off the top of my head.

Yep I'm not over it.

Me neither. How we could come third in a two horse race still really bugs me....as well as losing out on second to the noisy neighbours down the road.

I really like what Poch is doing but still harbour doubts as to whether he is a "winner" as he hasnt really won anything in his managerial career to date. While getting us into the CL is a great achievement, and done somewhat ahead of schedule, I want to see some improvement this year - particularly in results against our closest rivals. Only against City did we get the results we needed. The others were disappointing - Leicester (draw and loss), AresnI (draw and draw), Chelsea (draw and draw), United (loss and win) Liverpool (draw and draw).

As well as improving on this record, I really hope he can get us over the finishing line in one of the major competitions this season.

Not that I recall

Juventus were 12th in the league after 10 games with 12 points. Barca were 8 points clear of Atletico and 12 clear of Madrid after 29 games, they finished 3 ahead of Atletico and 1 ahead of Madrid.

Back