• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2024

Hopefully we see Romero and VDV on 2nd half. Udogie to get a run out and Bergvall to get some time as well in the 2nd half.

We just seem too slow on the final passes.

Need an upgrade on Bissouma. Not good enough. Can’t be trusted to play that role. Bentancur will have to.

Pre season and all that but… we’ve not looked good. We played some pony aswell.

It's sort of an impossible role in this set up, you have to be everywhere all at once and be absolutely spot on with the ball and never give it away or they are in.

There are not many players like that in the world, they are also not cheap

Look awful in attack also.

Is Johnson playing left forward? If so….crazy. We’ve got 3 in the squad and he’s worse out there than all of them. He has one position and it’s Right side.

Maybe Johnson is right, Son left and Deki false 9….

Will sort itself out once Solanke starts obvs.

Regarding the defence. Why are Romero and VDV still not playing? I work my socks off and I’m lucky to get 10 days off on the spin.

The international commitments finished nearly a month ago. Unlike us to not be ready

Need an upgrade on Bissouma. Not good enough. Can’t be trusted to play that role. Bentancur will have to.

Pre season and all that but… we’ve not looked good. We played some pony aswell.
He's been brilliant all game. I said he would lose the ball eventually, but that goal wasn't his fault. The pass he got was terrible, and he shouldn't receive that pass in the first place either!

Awfully troubling when we appear to have the same vulnerability that was part of our poor run at the end of last season. 2 more goals from set pieces. Is Ange going to say he isn’t bothered because it still looks like we are not improving in that area. Concede against Bayern last week as we play out from a goal kick, and do the same again. It really looks systemic. I worry about a poor start …,

He's been brilliant all game. I said he would lose the ball eventually, but that goal wasn't his fault. The pass he got was terrible, and he shouldn't receive that pass in the first place either!
It's madness. Playing a short pass to a player on his own penalty spot with an attacker all over him. Same as last week. I wonder if Vicario is just not too bright.

Agreed on the pass but I’m not that confident in his ability. He’s patchy.

Anyway people will say oh it’s pre season. But I’ve seen nothing pre season apart from some good stuff from our youngsters.

We look all over the place in transition from attack to defence. Same going forward it’s not fluid. This should be drilled regardless of who’s on the pitch. We are a mess at times.

Some of our senior players look miles off it.

I’m concerned.

It's madness. Playing a short pass to a player on his own penalty spot with an attacker all over him. Same as last week. I wonder if Vicario is just not too bright.
He wouldn't be doing that off his own back. No keeper wants to be taking those risks I doubt. Has to be instructions but executed poorly

Agreed on the pass but I’m not that confident in his ability. He’s patchy.

Anyway people will say oh it’s pre season. But I’ve seen nothing pre season apart from some good stuff from our youngsters.

We look all over the place in transition from attack to defence. Same going forward it’s not fluid. This should be drilled regardless of who’s on the pitch. We are a mess at times.

Some of our senior players look miles off it.

I’m concerned.
I'm not. I've seen us be brilliant in pre season and then be utter crap when it mattered, and vice versa.

Back