• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Has immigration fallen @Danishfurniturelover I thought it was up to around 330k from non-EU nations on the last figures. Which is more than we had from the EU (around 200k I thought). I am genuinely pleased it has been a success from people's perspective. Seems like a low bar though!

It’s nothing compared to what it will be in the future. The climate catastrophe is going to make swathes of the world uninhabitable.

Has immigration fallen @Danishfurniturelover I thought it was up to around 330k from non-EU nations on the last figures. Which is more than we had from the EU (around 200k I thought). I am genuinely pleased it has been a success from people's perspective. Seems like a low bar though!

Thought it had though as it was not my reason for voting leave I have not really checked. Certainly from the EU it has. I come from a building background, left site work after 2004 when wages dropped over night. Ran a locksmith business after that and did property development.

But every single person I know from that background and I would say at least 60 people who were trades all voted leave. Now obviously a remainder will now pop up and say they work trades but voted remain. But anyway if the 60 or so people I know are representative of the industry as a whole then that is a lot of people who voted leave. But back then any of us who said anything were viciously labelled racist by smug middle class people.

The same people moaning if the wages have not gone up as much as they hoped.

On immigration, I would say this country needs it, probably surprise you and some of the others on here but I welcome it,particularly the ones from Hong Kong. Would also personally give an amnesty to all the illegal ones here on conditions that their families were not allowed in straight away as don't think we have the housing for one. But I would be letting them work straight away.

One thing that can be said for me whether you agree with my views or not and that is I'm a worker, serious medical condition and have done 42 hours this week and working Sunday as a couple of guys going up for the brighton semi final. I think the illegals want to work and make a better life for themselves, unlike so many benefit uk scumbags.

If I were prime minister I would give asylum seekers residency with limits on families coming here for 10 years. But would massively cut job seekers allowance,maybe just vouchers for bread at tesco. I would cut foreign aid and most legal aid and put the money into education. Be like Singapore which punches above its weight because of its education system.

Would also look to make us reliant on green and uk energy and invest in vertical farming. Would get rid of the Royal family and base the house of Lords on a new Irish style Upper house. Get rid of the TV licence and start a war with the French.

“It is true that many types of white people with points of difference, such as redheads, can experience this prejudice,” she wrote in a letter to the Observer, published over the weekend.

“But they are not all their lives subject to racism. In pre-civil rights America, Irish people, Jewish people and Travellers were not required to sit at the back of the bus. In apartheid South Africa, these groups were allowed to vote. And at the height of slavery, there were no white-seeming people manacled on the slave ships.”

Slight overreaction?

“It is true that many types of white people with points of difference, such as redheads, can experience this prejudice,” she wrote in a letter to the Observer, published over the weekend.

“But they are not all their lives subject to racism. In pre-civil rights America, Irish people, Jewish people and Travellers were not required to sit at the back of the bus. In apartheid South Africa, these groups were allowed to vote. And at the height of slavery, there were no white-seeming people manacled on the slave ships.”

Slight overreaction?

I don’t think so, it’s the “Jews don’t count” thing again.

It’s antisemitism, it’s dangerous, and it’s right to have zero tolerance for it.

You can’t have acceptable levels of racism.

Slight overreaction?

Not really and considering it was her side that created the racism industry she should have known better.

Slight overreaction?
Holocaust?! Pogroms. It's conveniently downplaying it to fit the narrative she has constructed that it is only black people who can feel the pain of racism and exploitation. I am not sure if it is wilful or just plain ignorant from someone who is a a Cambridge graduate (supposedly cleverer than me anyway).

Holocaust?! Pogroms. It's conveniently downplaying it to fit the narrative she has constructed that it is only black people who can feel the pain of racism and exploitation. I am not sure if it is wilful or just plain ignorant from someone who is a a Cambridge graduate (supposedly cleverer than me anyway).

That would be you imposing your narrative. Or you are suggesting Abbott is a holocaust denier?

I don’t think so, it’s the “Jews don’t count” thing again.

It’s antisemitism, it’s dangerous, and it’s right to have zero tolerance for it.

You can’t have acceptable levels of racism.

It really is not. There is no doubt in my mind racism is more apparent for black people day to day. That was her point. There is nothing in her text that is saying jews don't count, that is all you.

Starmer has been expelling Jewish members of Labour, left right and centre, but you see they are the wrong type of Jews. They are left wing, so antisemitism only applies when the right type of Jew is offended in Red Tory Starmer's eyes. So Luciana Berger can rat on Labour and even stand in the last election as a candidate for a rival party and be readmitted by Starmer, yet Corbyn is expelled.

It really is not. There is no doubt in my mind racism is more apparent for black people day to day. That was her point. There is nothing in her text that is saying jews don't count, that is all you.

Opponents of Labour have become past master of weaponizing antisemistism.

Back