• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

One of the things that isn't said enough to Brexiteers in my view is that you might have seen the potential benefits of Brexit if it was managed by super competent folk in our government who are sincere. We had neither and have neither. And the fact you didn't realise this is where you fukd up lads. And fukd it for everyone who did realise it. Which is why we are in this economic mess. Thanks for fukin it up for all of us.

Personally I knew the trade off for getting it through would be a term of Tory government. But hopefully someone decent will take over in the next year or two and start using those powers for good.

The ability to remove state aid and competition laws could be a tremendous force for good. As could the pivot to a dynamic and flexible indirect (VAT) tax system to promote localism and green initiatives.

Personally I knew the trade off for getting it through would be a term of Tory government. But hopefully someone decent will take over in the next year or two and start using those powers for good.

The ability to remove state aid and competition laws could be a tremendous force for good. As could the pivot to a dynamic and flexible indirect (VAT) tax system to promote localism and green initiatives.

the fact that you did see this makes it worse.

Sometimes politics necessitates making strange temporary alliances. The left alone would never have been strong enough to break european shackles - we tried for decades.

Dress it anyway you want to help you live with yourself.

If I was being kind I would say something like:

“the road to hell is paved with good intentions “

if I was being less kind:

You severely damaged your country, maybe permanently, at best you were a useful idiot, at worst Not far off a traitor.

the fact that you did see this makes it worse.

The fact that remainers didn't see just how desperate people were and ignored what they were saying is the damning part. Just put them off as stupid, ignorant racists.
This could have been sorted before it became a problem. Building enough houses and infrastructure to deal with the influx of migrants from the eu. Enforcing employment laws so people weren't forced to take zero hour jobs if they didn't want to. Or that companies could pay people in other countries to get around minimum wage rules.

Even the financial times. One week printing a story saying immigration doesn't suppress wages. The next week printing a story saying how economists are baffled at why wages aren't going up as the uk has full employment. Guess what the uk might have full employment but companies still could get cheap labour from abroad so didn't need to raise wages.

If you think that it was only tories voting leave you'd be mistaken. The ukip voters are now the uks swing state. 4 million people, more than voted snp and lib dems put together (9 mil voted labour i believe). Labour and tory will need to get them onside if they want to win the next election. So forget about rejoining the eu anytime soon.

The fact that remainers didn't see just how desperate people were and ignored what they were saying is the damning part. Just put them off as stupid, ignorant racists.
This could have been sorted before it became a problem. Building enough houses and infrastructure to deal with the influx of migrants from the eu. Enforcing employment laws so people weren't forced to take zero hour jobs if they didn't want to. Or that companies could pay people in other countries to get around minimum wage rules.

Even the financial times. One week printing a story saying immigration doesn't suppress wages. The next week printing a story saying how economists are baffled at why wages aren't going up as the uk has full employment. Guess what the uk might have full employment but companies still could get cheap labour from abroad so didn't need to raise wages.

If you think that it was only tories voting leave you'd be mistaken. The ukip voters are now the uks swing state. 4 million people, more than voted snp and lib dems put together (9 mil voted labour i believe). Labour and tory will need to get them onside if they want to win the next election. So forget about rejoining the eu anytime soon.
While I recognise your valid concerns, especially with regards the undercutting of wages with cheap eu labour I do have some criticisms of some points you raise here.

Firstly housing shortages are a consequence of thatcher selling off housing stock, then successive labour and Tory governments not replenishing this social housing.
The housing issue is further exacerbated by corrupt planning processes, whereby property developers are allowed to get away without incorporating a mandatory provision for affordable homes within all new developments. It’s also exacerbated by the failure to effectively regulate the construction trade and freeholder mgt as seen in not only in the Grenfell inquiry but also the leaseholders left on limbo in other flats with the same cladding.

brexit addresses none of this.

similarly with regards zero hour contracts and workforce exploitation, brexit will only make this worse and more common place. Look what the government allowed with P&O and are trying to replicate with rail and postal workers, not to mention the brexit legislation bill which would effectively take away all employees rights to sick leave and annual leave.

the politicians and their brexiteer backers that drove a hard brexit had three key aims:
1. Avoid new eu legislation on Tax avoidance and tax evasion.
2. Get rid of employment laws that protect employees so that they can be hired and fired at will and far fewer benefits need to be provided thereby increasing workforce flexibility and reducing costs.
3. Get rid of environmental and regulatory red tape designed to protect society and the environment from corruption and mismanagement because it is too costly?

None of this benefits the British public at large.

our economy is immeasurably damaged as it’s no longer part of the biggest free market trade agreeement in the world. Our membership of this agreement was what enabled our economy to thrive. The trade deals since brexit are widely acknowledged to be nothing short of disastrous.

in short brexit is an absolute clusterfudge, which was an inevitable outcome given it was delivered by incompetent, dishonest corrupt shysters

Last edited:
While I recognise your valid concerns, especially with regards the undercutting of wages with cheap eu labour I do have some criticisms of some points you raise here.

Firstly housing shortages are a consequence of thatcher selling off housing stock, then successive labour and Tory governments not replenishing this social housing.
The housing issue is further exacerbated by corrupt planning processes, whereby property developers are allowed to get away without incorporating a mandatory provision for affordable homes within all new developments. It’s also exacerbated by the failure to effectively regulate the construction trade and freeholder mgt as seen in not only in the Grenfell inquiry but also the leaseholders left on limbo in other flats with the same cladding.

brexit addresses none of this.

similarly with regards zero hour contracts and workforce exploitation, brexit will only make this worse and more common place. Look what the government allowed with P&O and are trying to replicate with rail and postal workers, not to mention the brexit legislation bill which would effectively take away all employees rights to sick leave and annual leave.

the politicians and their brexiteer backers that drove a hard brexit had three key aims:
1. Avoid new eu legislation on Tax avoidance and tax evasion.
2. Get rid of employment laws that protect employees so that they can be hired and fired at will and far fewer benefits need to be provided thereby increasing workforce flexibility and reducing costs.
3. Get rid of environmental and regulatory red tape designed to protect society and the environment from corruption and mismanagement because it is too costly?

None of this benefits the British public at large.

our economy is immeasurably damaged as it’s no longer part of the biggest free market trade agreeement in the world. Our membership of this agreement was what enabled our economy to thrive. The trade deals since brexit are widely acknowledged to be nothing short of disastrous.

in short brexit is an absolute clusterfudge, which was an inevitable outcome given it was delivered by incompetent, dishonest corrupt shysters
A hard brexit enabled by one Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, the ultimate shyster politician who is still floating around like a turd in the sea.

Page 23 of the Guardian? Beneath - 'wild swimming is literally swimming in brick' and 'ten chic townhouse retreats in Bath'

It’s frequently being said out loud on the BBC now. It’s a regular discussion point on the radio. It’s even being mentioned in The Daily Mail.

It’s a brickshow, and that’s beginning to be accepted even by some who were once supporters, even if (as the article says) they tend to say it’s because “it’s not the Brexit [they] wanted.”

It’s frequently being said out loud on the BBC now. It’s a regular discussion point on the radio. It’s even being mentioned in The Daily Mail.

It’s a brickshow, and that’s beginning to be accepted even by some who were once supporters, even if (as the article says) they tend to say it’s because “it’s not the Brexit [they] wanted.”

The equivalent of "that's not the religion I believe in".

It should pave the way for the next Government (probably Labour) to move us into the single market again and keep a decent amount of alignment with the EU but without being fully bound by it's decision making.
Hopefully.

That's actually a Brexit I would probably have voted for. With the Caveat I still don't trust the UK political system to manage it effectively.
However, considering a close to 50/50 referendum result, it's probably quite a good middle ground and representative of overall feeling and desire.

It's the deliberate scattergun approach. Overload us with scandals. No one knows which one to concentrate on. Set a couple of enquiries in motion giving a ready made excuse to not comment. Probably about time for a small boat story, just to be safe.
Flood the zone as Bannon would say. Once upon a time stuff like this would bring a government down, but those days are past it would seem.

Back